“Best brunch menu in town”

Liam's Restaurant Lounge & Cheese Shoppe
Reserve with OpenTable
Liam's Restaurant Lounge & Cheese Shoppe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rustic & refined comfortable restaurant, lounge & cheese shoppe. Our knowledgeable & happy staff will entice you an amazing selection of cheese, craft cocktails, craft beer & interesting wines, garden dining, specialty events, catering services & a cozy, friendly atmosphere. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review for brunch/lunch on the weekends. I've been to Liam's for dinner, and honestly, if I'm going to spend $25+ per entree, I'd prefer to drive to Tallahassee and go to one of the restaurants there. In my opinion, the dinner menu is overpriced and not worth it.

But the brunch is fantastic! I love going to brunch at Liam's on the weekends. My favorite is the Pain Perdue and Croque De Madame. But all the choices are fabulous. Get there early- you'll be waiting for a seat if you get there after 12.

1  Thank hakeb150
There are newer reviews for Liam's Restaurant Lounge & Cheese Shoppe

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place has very good food with lots of locals eating here. Recommend it for brunch. The service is good with friendly wait staff. It is very close to the shopping street, so shop and then go here for brunch or lunch. This establishment is next door to another very good restaurant.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were early in the evening, so seating was not a problem even tho it was Friday night. The menu is short but has plenty of range. We were all happy with our entrees, but they were not perfect. I had risotto that I do not think was prepared with arborio rice so it didn't have the texture that I was expecting. It tasted fine, but it was creamy rice, not risotto. Two of our party had steak and loved the sauce with it. Dessert was mixed. The whipped goat cheese with strawberry coulis was delicious. The creme brulee however was just OK and we believe came from a mix (one of the party is a chef and recognized the taste and texture). Check the menu before deciding as the average entree is around $25+. Add in wine, dessert and coffee and you have an expensive tab.

Rhonda F, Owner at Liam's Restaurant Lounge & Cheese Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review in january of this year. Recently I had a customer, who had read your review, question some of our preparations. As such, I though I should address the statements in question: 1) our risotto is cooked with arborio, sometimes, but not always, as risotto is a preparation not an ingredient, just as searing is a method of cooking not a temperature like "rare." 2) we not only make our own creme brûlée from scratch, but our chef is such a purist to his favorite dessert that he scrapes Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans down instead of using paste or extract. People tend to pay more attention when a chef, as the onennoted in your review, gives his opinion, therefore, his opinion should be listed as such, not as fact. . .box mix. . . Never.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

To start, make a reservation the place has about ten tables and they're packed full. Our server, Victoria I believe was her name, was charming, attentive and passionate about food. The menu is short but exceptional. High points: fois gras was cooked perfectly and served creatively, seared tuna (as good as I've ever had anywhere), Berkshire farms poik loin was bar none the best I've ever had (served with a perfectly cooked sweet potato spatzel), bourbon creme brûlée was also excellent. The wine list is shorter than the menu but is full of well chosen low priced variatels. Overall an exceptional and surprising experience.

Rhonda F, Owner at Liam's Restaurant Lounge & Cheese Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for your review of our establishment. It is quite a compliment, especially from a guest who travels to dine as much as you do. Victoria said you were a true pleasure to serve and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food is over priced.servings are not entree size. Paid $89 for 2. Service was poor. Had to ask for bread and salt and pepper. Will not be back. Actually had to go through drivethru on way home because we were still hungry. Neither entree included any vegetable except mushrooms or potato. Appetizer of pickled beets was almost inedible.
Overall they didn't bother to complete their with enough food to make itan adequate serving.
Very very disappointing. They would be chopped in the first round.

1  Thank lws728

Thank you for your review of our establishment. It is our goal to provide wholesome, mostly organic proteins, which begin at 1/2 lb in portion, to our patrons. Our prices are reflective of our use of small artisan and family owned farms, therefore, we feel they are fair, especially due to our large portion sizes. The same goes for our bread service; we bring it out in the beginning of the meal and we will replace it throughout if requested, however, we do not want to throw food in the garbage unnecessarily. We have complete transparency on our menus & as such our beets are listed as pickled (force marinated), not cooked. We do appreciate any and all reviews to help us better future guests dining experiences. Had any concerns been brought to our attention during your meal, we would have eagerly righted them.

Sincerely, Rhonda Foster, owner