Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn
$55
$50
$63
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfront deskbest westernsindoor poolbusiness or pleasurewalk in showerexcellent hotelbreakfast areagreat showermodern hotelgreat place to staylonghorn steakhousebreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomclose to downtownsitting areasmall townyou will not be disappointed
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Best Western is a nice hotel in a convenient location. There's nothing really special about it but it's clean, with nice bathrooms (wonderful large shower only in our room), fridge, comfy bed, indoor pool, fitness room, TV, free internet access, and represents a good value for an inexpensive hotel.Complimentary hot/cold breakfast is available and there are some chain restaurants nearby (although I advise skipping the chains and heading to Jonah's Grill in downtown Thomasville for a delicious meal). The turn for the hotel is not well-marked and since it does not sit right on the main road, it would be a great customer service enhancement if the signage was clearer. You will still be able to find it easily, however. There is a little bit of road noise (and noise from nearby doors opening and closing) so I advise taking a sound machine to block it out as we did and you won't have a problem. A good value for the money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
BWRCCCI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Well...you make me smile! I would like to think...in fact we all here feel we are special and hope that we portray that to our guests...but I'll gladly take your kind words. We do have the advantage of not being directly on the Highway, but it is just a block away. Some guests request the back side of our hotel, which IF it is possible, we do everything in our power to grant any and every request. I hope you can visit with us again...Thank-YOU so much!!
Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a new hotel on the highway with several chain restaurants nearby. The hotel rooms are large and very well appointed. Our room had a glass-door tiled shower. The breakfast was excellent with good variety of hot and cold choices. I would put this hotel on par with the best new Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites competitor.

The only downside I saw was some trash and debris (I think it was popcorn) in and around the elevator early in the morning at 6:30am.

Very nice hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phyllis S

Well, it brings great joy to know that we met your lodging needs...HOPEFULLY exceeded them! I don't say enough that without a wonderful team, you don't have much. A guest of mine made the statement that the hotel must have a good manager...BUT a good manager is NOTHING if he/she doesn't have the trained, kind, caring, and wonderful staff that LOVES their positions, and feels as if we are family. My staff is so amazing! I appreciate your kind words, and HOPE you can come back to visit with us soon...AND as far as the debris, I told the Front Desk Associate (who is the only employee here at 6AM) to keep an eye out for debris on our floors... it only takes one tiny moment to clean and make the area NICE! Thank-you again...
Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Easy location to find on the outskirts of Thomasville. Number of restaurants in area. Large comfortable well furnished rooms but the shower tiles were falling off the step and seat exposing sharp edges. Also use of indoor pool is limited to daytime hours which was frustrating after a long drive. Breakfast area quite small and no one appeared to be clearing up during our visit. However, the choice of free breakfast items was good and of reasonable quality. Thomasville is an interesting town to visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Well...I first and foremost to say that I am sorry that you were not pleased with the pool hours. We have our indoor pool open from 10AM until 10PM. So it really isn't open just in daytime hours, but obviously did not satisfy you, and I truly hate that. The tile situation has been immediately approached, and I am VERY happy to say all is well with that. I ALWAYS appreciate when my guests bring anything...GOOD OR BAD...to my attention, because IN CASE I wasn't aware, then I can concentrate on it right away! And, we do have a breakfast Hostess every day through the entire breakfast period. I certainly will discuss and make sure she is always seen and helping out. I appreciate your comments...and I appreciate you taking your time to comment on my hotel! THANK-YOU so much... Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spotless, spacious, comfortable rooms. Tiled showers with four shower heads. Incredibly convenient location--easily walk to any least six good restaurants including Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn, and Zaxby's. Traffic lights provide easy entrance/exit.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank-you so very much for you kind words! When we were built a little over 3 years go, there was only the Zaxby's on the corner and WhatABurger across the way...but since there has been a Long Horn Steakhouse built directly across the road, and then, just recently (opened in December) a Red Lobster and Olive Garden shared Restaurant...that is VERY nice! Of course, Thomasville has some VERY, VERY wonderful privately owned restaurants as well, but you do have to travel the short distance to our historical and beautiful downtown area. BUT...I do hope you can stay again if you are ever in Thomasville again...THANK-YOU again...Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visit Thomasville a couple of times a year for a crafting event held here at the Best Western Rose City Conference Center and every time we stay, we are super-pleased!

The hotel is very nice, with a gorgeous lobby that always smells of roses. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. There is an indoor pool that is always kept very clean, and a fitness center that my husband has used on occasion, which he enjoyed. There are lots of restaurants near the hotel that are easy to walk/drive to.

The breakfast here is above-par. There are hot items on the bar, such as biscuits, sausage, and eggs, as well as the typical continental breakfast fare. Barbara, the lady who takes care of the breakfast bar, is an absolute delight! She always makes sure that it is well-stocked and that the dining room is spotless. She is always extremely friendly and goes out of her way to make your breakfast more enjoyable.

The only issue we had during our most recent stay was with the bathroom. There was a dirty, almost sewage smell coming from the shower, and it would get worse after using the shower. Other than that, the room was perfect.

We are coming back to Thomasville in February and are looking forward to staying here then!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWRCCCI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

THANK-YOU so much!! We appreciate all of our guests, whatever they come in to town for! BUT to know that you come for certain things and stay with us again, it makes us very happy! We have had some previous comments on the bathroom drains...we have had some come in and check things out...there seems to be nothing at this time, BUT we have not given up. It is few and far between, but I hate ANYONE having any issues with their stay with us! We TRULY can't have a successful business if we cannot make our guests WANT to return...and all my intentions it to make each and every guest happy and make them feel at home! AND, being The ROSE CITY CONFERENCE CENTER INN I am HAPPY to know you smelled the roses! And I appreciate you noticing our breakfast...we have some WONDERFUL Breakfast Attendents...Ms. Barbara and Ms. Claire...and they BOTH are wonderful and and I feel very Blessed to have found them to work with us!! THANK-YOU so very, very much... Amelia Lynn Swengel - Operation Manager