“New, high quality hotel”

Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a new hotel on the highway with several chain restaurants nearby. The hotel rooms are large and very well appointed. Our room had a glass-door tiled shower. The breakfast was excellent with good variety of hot and cold choices. I would put this hotel on par with the best new Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites competitor.

The only downside I saw was some trash and debris (I think it was popcorn) in and around the elevator early in the morning at 6:30am.

Very nice hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phyllis S
BWRCCCI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Well, it brings great joy to know that we met your lodging needs...HOPEFULLY exceeded them! I don't say enough that without a wonderful team, you don't have much. A guest of mine made the statement that the hotel must have a good manager...BUT a good manager is NOTHING if he/she doesn't have the trained, kind, caring, and wonderful staff that LOVES their positions, and feels as if we are family. My staff is so amazing! I appreciate your kind words, and HOPE you can come back to visit with us soon...AND as far as the debris, I told the Front Desk Associate (who is the only employee here at 6AM) to keep an eye out for debris on our floors... it only takes one tiny moment to clean and make the area NICE! Thank-you again...
Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Easy location to find on the outskirts of Thomasville. Number of restaurants in area. Large comfortable well furnished rooms but the shower tiles were falling off the step and seat exposing sharp edges. Also use of indoor pool is limited to daytime hours which was frustrating after a long drive. Breakfast area quite small and no one appeared to be clearing up during our visit. However, the choice of free breakfast items was good and of reasonable quality. Thomasville is an interesting town to visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Well...I first and foremost to say that I am sorry that you were not pleased with the pool hours. We have our indoor pool open from 10AM until 10PM. So it really isn't open just in daytime hours, but obviously did not satisfy you, and I truly hate that. The tile situation has been immediately approached, and I am VERY happy to say all is well with that. I ALWAYS appreciate when my guests bring anything...GOOD OR BAD...to my attention, because IN CASE I wasn't aware, then I can concentrate on it right away! And, we do have a breakfast Hostess every day through the entire breakfast period. I certainly will discuss and make sure she is always seen and helping out. I appreciate your comments...and I appreciate you taking your time to comment on my hotel! THANK-YOU so much... Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spotless, spacious, comfortable rooms. Tiled showers with four shower heads. Incredibly convenient location--easily walk to any least six good restaurants including Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn, and Zaxby's. Traffic lights provide easy entrance/exit.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank-you so very much for you kind words! When we were built a little over 3 years go, there was only the Zaxby's on the corner and WhatABurger across the way...but since there has been a Long Horn Steakhouse built directly across the road, and then, just recently (opened in December) a Red Lobster and Olive Garden shared Restaurant...that is VERY nice! Of course, Thomasville has some VERY, VERY wonderful privately owned restaurants as well, but you do have to travel the short distance to our historical and beautiful downtown area. BUT...I do hope you can stay again if you are ever in Thomasville again...THANK-YOU again...Lynn M. Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visit Thomasville a couple of times a year for a crafting event held here at the Best Western Rose City Conference Center and every time we stay, we are super-pleased!

The hotel is very nice, with a gorgeous lobby that always smells of roses. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. There is an indoor pool that is always kept very clean, and a fitness center that my husband has used on occasion, which he enjoyed. There are lots of restaurants near the hotel that are easy to walk/drive to.

The breakfast here is above-par. There are hot items on the bar, such as biscuits, sausage, and eggs, as well as the typical continental breakfast fare. Barbara, the lady who takes care of the breakfast bar, is an absolute delight! She always makes sure that it is well-stocked and that the dining room is spotless. She is always extremely friendly and goes out of her way to make your breakfast more enjoyable.

The only issue we had during our most recent stay was with the bathroom. There was a dirty, almost sewage smell coming from the shower, and it would get worse after using the shower. Other than that, the room was perfect.

We are coming back to Thomasville in February and are looking forward to staying here then!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWRCCCI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

THANK-YOU so much!! We appreciate all of our guests, whatever they come in to town for! BUT to know that you come for certain things and stay with us again, it makes us very happy! We have had some previous comments on the bathroom drains...we have had some come in and check things out...there seems to be nothing at this time, BUT we have not given up. It is few and far between, but I hate ANYONE having any issues with their stay with us! We TRULY can't have a successful business if we cannot make our guests WANT to return...and all my intentions it to make each and every guest happy and make them feel at home! AND, being The ROSE CITY CONFERENCE CENTER INN I am HAPPY to know you smelled the roses! And I appreciate you noticing our breakfast...we have some WONDERFUL Breakfast Attendents...Ms. Barbara and Ms. Claire...and they BOTH are wonderful and and I feel very Blessed to have found them to work with us!! THANK-YOU so very, very much... Amelia Lynn Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I would only have two complaints, one being the wireless internet access. It is slow, at best, and drops out completely at times. I have stayed there many times and don't recall having those issues in the past.

Other issue was an odor in the room I spent my first night in. 310, I believe. The rest room had an odor that was foul. I requested to be moved in the morning to a second floor room and was moved immediately by a very kind and receptive front desk clerk. No issues in that room.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast selection, nice rooms, nice tv's.
Would give all 5 stars, if not for the wireless access.
Would reccomend this hotel, and definitely will stay there again.

Thanks, John

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate SO VERY MUCH our guests that come in from the local businesses! I went STRAIGHT to my supervisor when I read about the Wireless Internet...we recently (a few months ago) upgraded our wireless to be MUCH FASTER than what it was...faster than what is required, even. SO, this truly concerned me. The test showed that all was working 100%... I am so sorry that you had issues the night you stayed. That is something we KNOW our Corporate Guests really look for is the Wireless...and some leisure as well. ALSO...I extended a work order to my supervisor for a complete analysis on the room you stayed in...if there is the least issue, we want to fix it for any future guests...I appreciate SO MUCH you bringing it to my attention!! I hope that you can visit us again...SOON!! THANK-YOU...Lynn Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and very much enjoyed it. We selected it based on the positive reviews here, and we agree with the high ratings! The hotel is new, clean, and very well appointed (enjoyed the shower with four heads!). Staffers were friendly and accommodating at every turn. It's also very convenient to a number of stores and a major route into downtown Thomasville. We'll be back -- thanks, BW and thanks, Trip Advisor reviewers!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BBBabyboomer

Thank-you so very, very much for taking YOUR time to comment and say such nice things about our hotel! We are SOOOO excited that we had a new Red Lobster/Olive Garden Restaurant open up across the street diaganol...and with the Long Horn Steakhouse directly across the street, our guests have no problem finding something close if they don't want to drive. We get the most comments on our showers...and I am SO happy that you enjoyed them as well! I hope that you can come again...Amelia Lynn Swengel - Operation Manager

Reviewed December 11, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWRCCCI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012