“Great Hotel!”

Econo Lodge Thomasville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed June 22, 2013

When I'm in Thomasville, Georgia, the Econo Lodge is the only hotel I will stay at.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, great pool to relax in after a long day of work.
The Econo Lodge is in close proximity to everything a traveler would need
Gordie T

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Thomasville

Reviewed June 14, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have rated this stay as very good because of the manager, Mr. Patel, willing to accomodate. I had my elderly mother with me and some other family members. We had booked through an internet company and was not really guaranteed any special requests from the hotel. Truly the smoking situation was bad in the room but then this is not a luxury hotel and the clientele obviously does not respect the "no smoking" areas. They really worked hard to make it comfortable for me especially since I have respiratory issue. Too bad other guests do not take this into consideration. The rooms were comfortable for the category of this motel. Some upgrading is needed but overall, I think it was a good value. Customer service goes a long way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

First, your notice that the hotel is a 100% smoke-free facility is an outright fabrication. I checked in on 5/3 and was given room 304 which REEKED of cigarette smoke, not to mention the cigarette butt that was under one of the beds. I was moved to room 302 which also smelled of stale cigarettes but not as strongly as the other room. May I also add that I'm hypersensitive to cigarette smoke? Anyway, upon moving to the second room, there was no iron, not enough towels, and a non-functional smoke alarm that seemed to have been vandalized. If I did not have my mother and child with me, I would have slept in my car. I felt dirty sleeping in that bed and am very upset that I'm paying anything for this. Thankfully it was only for one night. I almost forgot to mention as well, that one of the bed coverings had several holes in it that looked like they were made from cigarettes. It is totally unsanitary. I mentioned there was no iron, well there was an ironing board, and to iron my clothes for the function I drove five hours to attend, I had to borrow one from the adjoining Quality Inn. There was a hole in the bathroom wall, and the drain for the bathtub looked disgusting. I saw a man "cleaning" and he was in and out of the rooms with a cigarette hanging from his lips. Ugh!
I'm thoroughly disgusted, I will never stay in an Econo Lodge again, and I will be posting about my experience on every social media outlet I can find.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyT323
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here on two occasions in a 10 days period, one night each way while driving to and from Florida. The reception staff was friendly and helpful, but the rest was below standard: smelly room from smoking (though non-smoking rooms), shower head loosely hanging from a hole in the wall, very minimal breakfast (no cereal, fruits, or dairy products). Dogs in a nearby dog shelter balked a lot one night.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

In my 50 years of staying at Hotels and Motels, this Econo Lodge is the worst I have ever experienced. From the moment I entered my room, which was early in the day, I heard a massive amount of dogs constantly barking from a nearby dog shelter. Then numerous shady and questionable looking people were going room to room visiting each other and being very loud. I tried to sleep all afternoon, but was not possible with all the noise. I left and came back at dark and the noise with the people going room to room making noise continued. I finally went to the front desk at 11:30 PM and told the clerk to give me a refund, control the environment, or I would call the police to calm these people down. By this time, there was no way I could sleep from being bothered so much all day and evening.
Then on top of all the noise, the room was nasty with mold in the bathroom, carpets nasty, gnats in the room, and had a foul odor in the room.
I am contacting the corporate office about this motel. This is how bad it is. Furthermore, based my numerous years of being a Law Enforcement Officer, the management of this Hotel does not a provide safe environment for overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Next to the motel was a dog shelter, with dozens, of dogs, barking and howling non-stop, all night long. I realized, that I wouldn't get any sleep, at all, so I resigned myself to watching TV, but after midnight the TV stopped working. I shut it off, and turned it back on, but after five minutes, it shut off, again. I kept doing this, until I got disgusted, and left it off. I couldn't call the office, because the phone, in my room, didn't work either! After lying awake, all night, I went to the manager, and complained. His only solution was to give me a $15. credit, on my charge card, but when I got home, and checked my credit card, he had actually put in the $15. credit as another $15. charge, and he had also billed me, for another night's stay!!! Unbelievable! It's a week later, now, and I'm still trying to get the mess straightened out, with the credit card company. Stay away, from this place! I found out, that the Quality Inn, adjoining it, is owned, by the same man, so avoid that, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo