“Sunday lunch”

The Swan Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Wybunbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Swan is a traditional country inn, in a delightful setting, offering great cask ales,lagers,Craft beers,and a wide selection of wines & spirits that covers all tastes. All our food is locally sourced and freshly cooked by our dedicated team of chefs headed up by award winning chef Paul Bycroft with over 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Our seven unique and comfortable bedrooms are contained in a separate converted stable block at the rear of the pub and have recently undergone a full refurbishment. The Swan at Wybunbury is at the centre of many local walks and adjacent to the famous 15th-century Leaning Tower and Wybunbury Moss nature reserve. Within a few miles of the Inn lies Bridgemere Garden Centre, one of Europe's largest and Dagfields, the North West's largest Craft and Antique Centre with over 250 dealers established in seven emporiums covering over 50,000 sq ft, you will be sure to find something of interest at Dagfields. Please ask if you require additional information on the local amenities. Our team will be delighted to help you in any way that they can.
Reviewed September 3, 2018

First time visit here for myself & a friend for Sunday lunch. Friendly locals, efficient bar staff who actually spoke to customers waiting to say they'd be with them shortly if they were serving someone else - haven't seen that customer service in a long time! The food was absolutely lovely, very tasty, steaming hot with an extra jug of gravy without having to be asked for it. All in all, great place and we will definitely go back again with more friends as it fabulous, so lovely to go somewhere with great food & great service

2  Thank Claire F
Ian B, Owner at The Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Claire. It is a very old bar lay out and we do our best to acknowledge everyone who is waiting to be served. Nothing worse than not knowing if you have been seen or worse, like myself when I go out, feel like your standing in the "invisible " zone of the bar.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while attending an event at Oulton Park. There are probably many hotels/B&Bs nearer (this was about a 30 min drive away), but it was worth making the extra effort to stay here. The rooms were lovely, tastefully decorated, clean and with the usual amenities. The staff were polite and helpful and the food was great. What more can I say.

3  Thank soozjw
Ian B, Owner at The Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

You have said plenty, thank you so much. Happy that you chose the swan for your visit to the raceway and delighted that you took the time to post your recommendation.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Visited Swan again for family and friend meal. Excellent food impeccable service. We had smoked cod loin, steak and ale pie, burger, and lasagne all lovely cooked and presented

2  Thank darlo57

Superb review and great feedback. Thank you very much and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We have just visited the swan for lunch. Once again the food and service are second to none. The bathrooms are a joy to visit. This is a dog friendly pub although they are only allowed in the bar area. My mum is a bit of a food snob, but could only say how wonderful everything was. She also commended on the ambience. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Thanks to everyone at the swan

3  Thank iccle_stubby

Glad that we looked after you and your mum on your recent visit and note all your comments, particularly the ambiance. This is something that is not easy to create as it composes of many factors from heating, lighting music, other customers, staff etc. We do constantly work hard in all these areas to achieve the best possible ambiance and it sounds like we have got it right you on the day of your visit.
Thank you for your custom and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 2 children stayed at the Swan Inn for 1 night during August as we were visiting friends near by. We booked a family room and were told that it comfortably slept 3. There were 4 of us but I thought it would be fine for myself and my two boys (aged 3 and 6) to sleep in the double bed and my husband in the single. I wouldn’t have wanted to do that for more than 1 night. The rooms are contained in a type of stable block attached to the pub. They are very cosy but beautifully renovated and designed well. We also dined with our friends in the pub in the evening and the food was good. Traditional pub food and reasonably priced. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The children were made to feel welcome. The breakfast was very good too. Would highly recommend staying and eating here. Room prices are reasonable.
Only negatives were that when I initially enquired about the room I was told I would be called back but I had to chase. I’m glad I did as we had a positive experience but this might have put some people off.

2  Thank Jojo250807

Thank you kindly for your very complimentary review. We will pick up to see what went wrong with your call back because , as you rightly say, it could be a little off putting.
Very happy that you decided to give us a try and we would hope to see you again when you are next in the area.