“My favourite place to stay”

Falcons Nest at The Raptor Foundation
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to stay”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stay at lots of different places across the UK as part of my job, and often stay at different hotels for the variety. However, whenever I work in Cambridge I always stay at Falcon's Nest because it's superb value for money, you get a great night's sleep and the facilities are spot on. It's like a hotel where you self cater, and after a long drive you couldn't ask for more! Being able to cook for myself and relax in a warm, comfortable room is fantastic. Wonderful friendly staff as well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank daniel_curtis

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice cheap accommodation when you are away with the family. You get free access to the bird sanctuary included as well. All for £45 a night with the four of us. Excellent value considering the size of the room. Two big beds to use. Good size toilet, and a kitchen area with fridge microwave and toaster. I would definetely use this place again

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian S
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

as usual had a nice peaceful stay whilst away on business. Only problem I had was that when I arrived at 4.50pm reception locked up and took 4 phone calls to find out my room. That was 10 minutes stood outside in the cold. when did get through no apology etc even though I had left a message on my 3rd call.
Anyway once in I found the room as good as usual. I go for the more expensive ones as I agree the normal rooms have paper thin walls.
Could not have breakfast as you have to order the night before and as nobody about and on call was not asked I could not book it.
Room I had very large and all I could need.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holmfirth west yorkshire
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A lovely place the Raptor centre is fantastic. The rooms have your bedroom settee and a nice kitchen area for self catering. A cooked breakfast is available for £5.50 but had to wait ages for it. We will go again but self cater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
East Grinstead
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had slef catering accomodation for 2 nights/long weekend. All bedding prvided nice sized room with a bath.Kitchen had fridge and a microwave.
The price included a vist to see the birds - this was also excellent - make sure you time the visit to see one of the flying displays, there is also a nice cafe for food at the attraction.

Note - make sure you arrange time of arrival as the staff go home when the attraction closes
- not a problem if arriving later as they make arrangements with you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LHWMG
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in july, the accomodation was lovely, very clean and comfortable we could eat in with ease using the amenities available. Really enjoyed looking around the raptor centre which we were well aware is a charity and made the time to watch one of the flight displays which we really enjoyed.
We were a little concerned about previous reviews regarding paper thin walls and im a very light sleeper but even though there were small children next door and in the next but one rooms we weren't bothered at all by any noise issues.
We really enjoyed the freedom of these self contained 'chalet's and could'nt think of any reason why we'd need 24hr on site reception, we did our homework before booking and packed accordingly , we took our bikes and cycled round gratham waters en route, took breakfast and dinner food and drink and made sure we had our own phones so can fully recommend being left to your own devices.
Visited Ely and St ives and loved the surounding countryside and villages, cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: We saw the deluxe rooms and they looked really lovely so if you want the extra room and a newer acco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great location, but paper thin walls between rooms meant we were kept awake by the neighbors TV until late and woken by their kids at 6 am (the family were not being loud, it's just there is no noise insulation). The bathroom was also dated with a poor shower.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhurst
Travelodge Huntingdon Fenstanton
Bramble Corner
Bramble Corner
#1 of 1 in St Ives
Eagle Mill Country Boutique Rooms

Been to Falcons Nest at The Raptor Foundation? Share your experiences!