“FANTASTIC Day out, Highly Recommend, Beats competitors hands down!”
Review of Raptor Foundation

Raptor Foundation
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Woodhurst
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I took my mum to the Raptor Foundation for a birthday present - what a blooming great present it was!

Lovely setting and facilities, very professional and yet very friendly. Our guide for the day, Vicky (apologies if thats not correct!) was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly and fielded lots of questions from us. We were in a group of 4 and it felt incredibly personal.

Having attended a similar day at Shuttleworth near Biggleswade with my Dad, this far FAR outstripped them - facilties, friendliness of staff and most importantly the experience - we handed sooo many birds, learnt about them, stroked them and really felt part of the place. We handled all sizes of owls from the cutest tiny ones to ones so heavy your arm ached and got to weigh them etc. We were then part of the flying display with other guests watching and i can guarantee if I were a guest watching us, i would be absolutely green with envy.

We got some amazing pictures and my Mum had a fantastic day, as did I. We were presented with a large photograph of us at the end with our chosen bird - we all loved the big Huge owl! - and its proudly on display in my house.

The foundation was explained in full and it is charity based with lots of the birds having been unfortunately mis-treated or unwanted pets - something none of us could understand - but to see them flourish in this environment was amazing - and the rappor the birds had with the handlers was simply heart warming. Watch out for Leo the owl that cant fly who hops around the park - he is simply gorgeous!

We finished our morning with a lovely hot lunch in their warm conservatory - with the sun beating down, hot dinner inside us, we had simply spent a truly perfect morning.

I cant recommend this place enough - having been to Shuttleworth, i was in a group of about 20 people and of that time probably spent about 30 minutes total in my whole visit handling the birds. At the Raptor Foundation? As soon as we started we handled THE sweetest tiny owl and made our way up in size.

Truly wonderful experience - I will be bringing family back here and my little girl in the future

Well done to all there - two very happy visitors left you on Sunday - but will definitely be back

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Pumpkin999
There are newer reviews for Raptor Foundation

Reviewed April 9, 2013

An amazing experience getting up close and personal with some astonishing birds! Meet the birds is more than value for money, handling owls off all sizes and taking part in the acrobatic display!! A good cause as many are rescued or donated birds people can no longer look after. Staff are friendly and enthusiastic, guiding on correct handling and stroking. Fun and formative this is a day out for all, from couples to families and even solo participants. Will appeal to novices and experts alike. I will definitely be returning with family and friends in tow!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We used Tesco Vouchers so for a family of 4 it only cost us £2!! But even a family ticket for £22 is good value. The Meerkat/Reptile Centre is a nice addition to the attraction. The staff were all really accommodating and had some of the reptiles out which you could touch/hold if you wished. Me and my 4 yr old daughter touched a snake which I never thought I would do. The children did a free quiz which was a good way for them to learn more about the animals. The children had another quiz to do in the bird area which they loved. The flying display was very good. Again the staff were all very accommodating, the chap doing the display noticed my husband had a decent camera and was taking lots of photos so he was trying to get the birds nearer to him and his long lens (by practically landing on my head!). Me and my son got to put `the glove` on and have an owl land on our hand. Although there were several picnic benches about it would be nice for a small indoor picnic area. There is a small playground area which the kids enjoyed whilst me and my husband sat in the warm with a cup of tea!
A very good day out and definitely well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited here on Good Friday with our children, they wanted to visit as someone from the centre had visited their school.
It was bitterly cold on the day that we went and that did not help our visit as we were desperate to get in the warm!

The cost of entry for a family of four was £22, which included entry to the reptile experience.

Positive
The Meerkats in the reptile experience are awesome we could have sat there all day and watched the babies run around and parents play.
There are lots of lovely birds to see in the centre
The flying display is comprehensive
Cafe is good with a wide range and reasonably priced
Car park is free with lots of spaces