“Great find!”

Main Street Grill & Barbeque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Just a short walk from Tallulah Gorge. Outdoor seating with famous Barbeque, Smoked pulled chicken, black angus burgers, sandwiches, salads and the best appetizers around: Fried Green Tomatoes & Dusted Banana Peppers . Full lunch and dinner menu- like our Facebook Page for a full menu. Catering and picnics to go for all your dining needs! Regular and Craft beer sold. Family owned and operated.
Johns Creek, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

On a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon my husband and I decided to try this place on the way home from Clayton! So glad we did! The food is excellent! We had fried green tomatoes, a pulled pork and a burger! All were great! They even cooked my burger medium rare! Pulled pork was wonderful with lots of crunchy bark. We WILL be back!

Visited March 2014
livinglife839, Owner at Main Street Grill & Barbeque, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased you enjoyed everything here at Main Street!
We are family owned and operated and try every way possible for a top rate experience here!
I hope to see you again!
The Gorge is right at our front door and an amazing place to visit and Main Street for a fabulous meal.

Clarkesville, Georgia
“excellent!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The food was amazing, and the waitress was really sweet and attentive. Overall I wld recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited November 2013
livinglife839, Owner at Main Street Grill & Barbeque, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our business!
We are honored to serve you and when I read the rave reviews, my heart swells with pride that we are serving our customers in a great way with delicious food!
Again - thank you for reviewing and when you are in our area again, please stop in!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I were in North Carolina for the weekend and decided to stop in the Main Street Grill and Barbecue in Tallulah Falls, NC. Judging by the number of cars in the parking lot we were expecting to find a great restaurant and great meal. We were disappointed.

The wait staff was polite but not very attentive to the patrons. In fairness, they were busy but that is no excuse for not paying attention.

The meal was disappointing. We both tried the pulled pork platter and while the pork was tasty, the portions were agonizingly small. The pork was served cold............another disappointment. The fried green tomatoes (a specialty of the day) were greasy and under-cooked. I ordered a side of onion rings and they were never delivered. When I mentioned it to the cashier she hardly acknowledged it but did remove the cost from the final bill. The order of baked beans that accompanied the pork was served in a tiny plastic cup................another disappointing serving.

One saving grace was the modest pricing of the servings but small prices should not equate to tiny servings. We would have gladly paid more to have larger portions.

All in all, a disappointing meal at this quaint location. One other interesting note is that the restrooms are outside and you have to exit the main dining room to visit the facilities. Guess that adds to the quaintness of the mountain environment but next time we are on the road we will probably stop somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank atljpb
livinglife839, Owner at Main Street Grill & Barbeque, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I apologize for your experience not being 100% perfect. We are a very busy tourist location and try to please everyone as we would want to be pleased if we were the customer.
In peak leaf season, we are sometimes overwhelmed with so many customers, however that does not justify small portions or your food not being warm enough.
Since your visit, we have increased our serving size on our portions and use different serving dishes. We try to keep our prices low as you mentioned in your review.
I do hope that you will give Main Street another try if you are ever in the area. God bless.
Clarkesville, Georgia
“Expected a little more”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great location on a busy highway. I guess I should give them a little slack as they have not been open all that long. Chicken Philly cheesesteak was tasty. Good coleslaw. The iced tea was not good: very weak and dilute. I mentioned this to the cashier and got no response from her. We probably will not return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Suester50
Thank you for the review and I am so glad you enjoyed your meal.
We are so blessed to be on the main entrance of the park with such beauty all around and get to meet great people who become our friends and return over and over for our modestly priced meals with southern hospitality! We take pride in being a family owned and operated restaurant with great food.
I so hope you visit us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After a long day of hiking up in Rabun County, we were heading south and looking for somewhere to eat. I'm always up to try new BBQ, so when we were passing through Tallulah Falls, and saw the BBQ sign and the OPEN sign lit up, we decided to give it a shot... I knew there wasn't much else down the road. It was a beautiful evening, and our pickup bed was full of our hiking supplies, so we chose a table out on the screened porch. Service was very good. Three of us got the pork plates, and one got a pork sandwich. They brought 3 different sauces out, a hot, and two others that were similar and both good (she said what they were, but I don't remember). I got the Brunswick Stew, which needed a bit of kick for flavor, but the hot BBQ took care of that, and it was good afterwards. They didn't give you a lot of meat, like you see at some places, but given the under $10 price for the plate, it was well worth it, and I was full at the end of the meal. I'd certainly stop in for a meal the next time I'm hiking in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review us!
We love serving our customers and with the park entrance right at our front door, it is a great location to meet fabulous people like you who review us and let everyone know how great our food is!
Thank you and please return!