“Best Burger Ever!”

Georgia Express Diner
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Tallapoosa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was on my way to Birmingham from Atlanta as I pulled off of I-20 on exit 5 for a gas stop. I realized it was lunchtime and I was getting ready for a meal. Across the street I saw a quaint little restaurant called the Georgia Diner. I pulled up TripAdvisor on my phone and saw that it only had 4 or 5 reviews but they were all excellent so I figured I would give it a try. In my mind this would be a nice change from the standard fast food that I had been eating lately.

When I walked in, the place was crowded but I took a seat at the bar where I was served by a nice young waitress. The menu had plenty to choose from, including a daily special and home cooked, fresh vegetables, but I decided to go with the 'Georgia Burger' all the way with onion rings. When I received my plate, I was shocked to see the meat on my burger hanging off the bun all the way around. It was a beautifully prepared burger that tasted better than it looked. The onion rings were delicious, and the sweet tea was just what you would expect in a Georgia hometown restaurant.

While eating, I observed the atmosphere in "The Diner". It was a scene right out of the Andy Griffith Show as everyone in the restaurant seemed to know one another. The waitresses all seemed to know the customers and exactly what they wanted before they even sat down. I realized the reason the Georgia Diner only had 4 reviews on TripAdvisor was because many of the local regulars (many of which were up in age) didn't need to leave a review on a website to know where to find good food. They had found it. And after my experience at the Georgia Diner in Tallapoosa, GA I had too!

3  Thank Snerdley B

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I met my Aunt and Uncle on the way to Atlanta to watch the Braves play. Essentially, the layout looks like a diner (booths and stools at a counter). There was nothing greasy/dirty about the place. Most of the patrons were locals and the place was packed. Luckily, two couples were just leaving and a booth opened up. Our server was great: responsive, very nice, kept drinks topped off. The menu prices were very reasonable and the portions were larger than I expected. I couldn't finish both of the pork chops that came with the Chops and Eggs breakfast. Both of my teenage boys devoured their meals and were satisfied. That doesn't happen very often with two athletes as sons. I didn't see many travelers come in while we were there. Their loss and our find. Will definitely stop there again with the family next time we travel through Tallapoosa and need a good place to stop and eat.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Good service. Vegetables are always pretty good. It's like a waffle house but better. Nice option in tallapoosa

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in on the way home on a day my wife was out of town and I did not want to cook . I am glad I did. Great food at a good price.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Have stopped at this little place about 6 times over the last 10 weeks. It looks a little like a huddle house but that is where it ends! The place was very clean, even the rest rooms. Menues were clean and neat!!!
Everybody was friendly and you could tell for watching, they have a very consistent following. Most everybody knew the waitresses by name. Lots of hugs from customers and staff. Really like an Andy of Maryberry feel. All that said, Everytime the food has been excellent, the prices very acceptable. Portions were good. Just a plain looking place that is outstanding. If you want a burger to end all, get the Doube Georgia Burger. See the photo of food & Safety rating, speaks for its self!!!!