“Best BBQ!”
Review of Biguns Barbeque

Biguns Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: This place just opened and they have standing room only for their barbecue and sides. We ate there yesterday and are going back today. The phone number is 706-253-7675 and the restaurant is attached to a Chevron station on the corner of Carnes Mill Rd. and Hwy. 515 in Tallking Rock, Ga.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband works in the area and often visits Biguns for lunch. We decided to visit on a Saturday so I could finally see what all the fuss is about. I love BBQ but good BBQ can be so hard to find. He had sent me a picture of a baked potato that I really wanted to try. Its about a 30 minute drive from our home so I was hoping it would be worth it. We pull up to a gas station and he says this is it. I'm thinking "really, we drove all this way for this"? But I was so wrong. I ordered the loaded baked potato which consisted of a huge baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, brisket and bbq sauce. It was so good!! Their brisket is wonderful. I have visited several times since then and I have to say that their pulled pork is probably the best pork that I have ever had. We will continue to visit often!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We drove by and doubted the food based on the fact that the restaurant is in the gas station. We ordered a rack of ribs. They were really yummy. :) we will definitely stop by again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family stopped here for lunch today. The restaurant is not fancy, it is attached to a gas station. Three of us had the pork sandwich and the other had the chicken tenders. For sides we had the potato salad, fries, beans, and macaroni and cheese. Everything was good, but I would probably not order the macaroni and cheese again. The large order of fries filled an entire plate and could have been shared by the family of four. My husband said it was some of the best potato salad he had eaten. The pork sandwiches were also some of the best. They have six kinds of sauce. Will be back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is absolutely fabulous food. At our table, we had bbq turkey, chicken, great ribs, brisket ,pork and the talking rock sandwich (brisket, cheese, onions and similar to philly cheessteak sandwich.)
For sides, we had baked beans, collard greens, fried pickles, broccoli slaw (yummy), sweet potato fries (crispy and served with marshmallow sauce), corn bread and biscuits. There were about 6 sauces from which to choose. Everything was outstanding.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Living in Georgia there are a lot of great options for BBQ and 3 of them are in our area. This is the latest one I will review and I am starting to think it is my favorite of the 3! If you like your BBQ pork with a bit of burnt ends, this is awesome! Very tender and yummy! My husband goes here a lot and I have only been twice (travel a lot) but each time was great.

We both ordered small pork plates. You get your choice of two sides and bread. I highly recommend the cornbread! I am not the biggest cornbread fan, but love this as it is more of a muffin style and it very moist compared to many I have tried. My husband ordered the fries and beans for the sides and I had fries and mac and cheese. The only thing negative I would say was I was really expecting some old fashioned southern style mac and cheese and it seemed more like a recipe that is not baked and easily made in mass quantity. I would love if they would consider making the type of mac and cheese that is more of the traditional southern style either baked or even in a crock pot but with real ingredients that rock!

Just so you know, it is an order in line and they call your number or bring to your table type place where you get your own drinks.. nothing fancy, but clean and cozy. We paid approximately $18 for two including drinks. Tips are in the jar or you can leave at the table, but they mainly take your order and bring your order. You get your own refills (but this can save money for large families).

We will be back for sure! I highly recommend you go as it is an easy drive from Ellijay or Jasper, Georgia as well. Come visit y'all!