“Where you are treated like royalty!”
Review of Edenfield House

Edenfield House
Ranked #1 of 4 Swainsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the time you ring the front door bell to the goodbye hugs, you will be treated like royalty. A walk through the public rooms reveals the majesty of this late 1800s home and a hint of the good life lived by its original owners. Aaron Correll, the GM, makes it his business to make you feel immediately at home as he explains information about the home and how the B&B operates for your comfort and convenience. We felt very pampered with delicious breakfasts and decided we would take advantage of evening meals that are composed and served by Heather. These are offered for a reasonable additional charge. The lemon caper sauced Chicken and Fettucine is very good. Our first floor room was quiet and beautifully appointed with comfortable furnishings. We were especially delighted with the comfortable bed and had great, restful sleep. We enjoyed quiet afternoons in the sun room and the view towards the expansive back garden. We look forward to visiting Aaron and Heather at the Edenfield House Inn again.

Room Tip: Room #4 on the first floor is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

To the King and Queen,

The two of you were so much fun. I am so glad that you picked us for your getaway. It was truly a pleasure trying to do our best to spoil you. Thank you for your most thoughtful feedback comments. The two of you are incredible role models for just about every age group. I really enjoyed watching the way you take care of each other; it was very heartfelt and quite wonderful. We look forward to he next time we are able to spend time with you.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wife and I spent a relaxing October weekend with Aaron, Heather, & Carson. Heather's cooking was great, our rooms were quiet, you could walk for exercise, and we "clicked" with the other guests. The home is gorgeous. Come here to relax and live slow, Swainsboro is a small, quiet town that we found a pleasant change from our lives.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Jack and Sheila,

You guys were so much fun. To your point about "clicking" with others; frankly, much of those connections were made because of the wonderful personalities of you and your lovely bride. It is quite common for me go into the sunroom during breakfast to "stir up" some conversation. There was clearly no need for that during your stay! You guys were truly a perfect fit for the personality blend last weekend. Thank you for staying at the Edenfield House, but more importantly, thank you for sharing yourselves with my family. We definitely hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was delighted to learn late in 2012 that Aaron Correll and his family were taking over the Edenfield House. They have put a lot of attention and effort into making it a wonderful bed and breakfast inn. I was the first person from my company to stay with them after they opened and have recommended it to my co-workers.

Room Tip: If you have AT&T phone service, there is more signal upstairs. My favorite is Room 7.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for your kind words. You are quite special to us because we get to see and spend some time with you more frequently than most of our other guests. I also greatly appreciate the fact that you have referred numerous other people from your firm. Regrettably, you are correct about the ATT cellular reception, As I was informed by ATT in January of this year, there is only one cell tower in this area and it is quite a distance from here. On a positive note, our WIFI is very robust so perhaps a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solution through your laptop may be an option to your ATT device in south Georgia. Thank you again, Bruce, for your patronage and comments.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The service began before I even arrived. They called the day of my stay to check in and see if there was anything they could do for my arrival and stay with them. A call ahead to check in is not something you would ever get staying at a chain hotel! Upon arrival, I was greeted at the front door by jolly Heather and immediately felt welcomed by her and her father, Aaron. The service was superb! Aaron immediately offered up a different room, which was a bit larger than the one I had booked, although both were exceptional! I asked what my breakfast options were and Heather responded with "anything you want." Overwhelmed by the unlimited options, they offered me french toast and apple crisp. Oh.my.word. delicious! I was there for a short 12 hours on a business trip and only wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Miss Katie,

Oh my goodness, you are so adorable! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. I agree completely; 12 hours was way too short! You truly enjoyed having the chance to spoil you for the short time you were with us and look forward to longer visit when we can pick up where the pampering left off. Please make it a point to bring that wonderful husband of yours and we can help you set up some things to see and do while you're here.

Aaron, Heather, Carson, Megan

Reviewed October 17, 2013

From the moment we stepped in and were greeted by Aaron and Heather, we were treated "at home". Everything was better than expected. The murals were so amazing that I just kept taking pictures of them. Aaron was very knowledgeable about the history of the home, we enjoyed him and he has a lovely family. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. We feel we have found friends and a wonderful place to relax and refresh. If you need a place to meditate, the porch or large garden yard provides it. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms Aaron showed us were spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sharon and Wyc,

You guys were a real treat for any innkeeper. I just loved the way you came in, set up all your food and drinks in the parlor, and truly made your selves at home in the parlor. Watching the football on an 82" TV--while surrounded by your friends--is a pretty wonderful way to truly enjoy the game. I am so glad we finally met! What the heck took us so long? Seriously, I look forward to seeing and pampering you guys again next year!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a nice, quiet area to spend our anniversary for a couple of days. We happened to come across a deal for the Edenfield House. My husband's father and grandfather were from Swainsboro and he hadn't been to the little town in years, so we thought, "Why not?"

From booking until check out, we received unparalleled service. For starters, we arrived Thursday evening and my procrastinator husband hadn't yet purchased my gift and felt terrible about it, as our anniversary was the next day! He "secretly" spoke with Aaron and had him handle it. A beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered to my room the morning of our anniversary and Aaron had packed us a picnic lunch to take with us for the day. To top it off, Aaron and Heather prepared us a phenomenal dinner that we ate by candlelight in the empty dining room. Just me and my hubby. That, my friends, isn't service you will receive just anywhere.

Aside from that, my husband and I woke each morning and had coffee in the rocking chairs on the beautiful, large wrap around porch. Aaron came and got us when our breakfast was ready. Speaking of breakfast, it was exceptional both mornings. :)

After speaking with Heather, we found that we had a lot of common interests. We spent one night with her and Aaron watching a television show on the 83" television in the sitting room!

This home is beautiful. The pictures you may find online will do it no justice. Trust me on this one.

Sorry if this review seems a little over kill. It really is just that great. Whatever your needs and wants, this family will do their best to meet them, as they did ours.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Michelle and Todd,

You guys were SO awesome. Thank you very much for your kind words. It was truly our pleasure to care for you. We enjoyed your company more than words can describe and cannot wait to see you again. I was truly amazed on how both of you were able to connect with Heather and I on so many different levels. You are very special people; we love you both, and we can only hope that we see you again sooner rather than later!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Five days at the Correl family's Edenfield House wasn't long enough. Can't wait to return and once again experience their gracious hospitality, early morning greetings, wonderful accommodations, bountiful breakfasts, and engaging conversations.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Chris,

You are truly an amazing guy! Every person in our family thoroughly enjoyed your visit and had a slightly difference experience with you...as you shared a slightly different slice of your incredible personality with each of us. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself while you were here. Your magnetic personality was the catalyst of many conversations, while your sincerity and kindness left virtually everyone in the room in awe (especially me).

You also introduced us to the art of eating an omelette and a bowl of granola--at the same time!!! That was a first! You left many long-lasting footprints of friendship and goodwill at the Edenfield House, my friend!

BTW - We all enjoyed the very thoughtful note you left in your room. Thank you, sir.

Aaron, Heather, Carson, and Megan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swainsboro
Days Inn & Suites Swainsboro
#1 of 3 in Metter
American Inn
American Inn
#1 of 1 in Metter

Been to Edenfield House? Share your experiences!