“Betty & Cecil Ethridge”

Ranked #1 of 4 Swainsboro B&B and Inns
Gray, Georgia
“Betty & Cecil Ethridge”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. Aaron made suggestions of places to go and eat and we weren't disappointed in anything. The Inn was quiet and the room was very clean. The staff was most accomodating and made us feel so very welcome. We plan to go there again. Edenfield Inn is certainly an asset to Swainsboro and the surrounding areas. They can accomodate a large group to eat at the Inn.

It was a wonderful get-away!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms we viewed were nice. They have upstairs and downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Betty and Cecil,

It was such a pleasure to meet and spend time with both of you. Thank you very much for your review and very kind words. As you know, we try very hard to make every woman feel like a queen and every man a king. It was even more fun with you because you were here purely for relaxation. I found your daily ritual of watching westerns and having a cup of tea or coffee particularly charming. Again, thank you for sharing yourselves with us and we cannot wait to see you again!

Warmly,
Aaron, Heather, Carson, and Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Avera
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hosts: were like family; helped with luggage; provided clean and comfortable rooms; had excellent food; and, honored our privacy. Stores, restaurants, and a golf club were close by and yet the B&B was far enough from the noise of major traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Clarence and Mildred,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. You guys were amazing! It was so much fun to watch the dynamics, warmth, and love among all the members of your incredible family. We are so glad you stayed at the Edenfield House for your reunion and cannot wait to see you all again. We stand "at the ready" to care for your entire family the next time you are in town, sir. We wish the absolute best for your whole family, my friend.

Aaron, Amanda, and Heather
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay at Edenfield. The hosts Aaron and Heather went above and beyond to meet all our needs. The breakfast food was absolutely delicious. The room was very comfortable and clean. The prices are very affordable! I enjoyed reading my books on the peaceful front porch in the rocker.

Room Tip: We liked the Revolution room. It has a king size bed. All the rooms have private baths.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JillBoyd
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jill and Eric,

It was such a joy to have you and Eric stay with us. Heather and I commented throughout your visit how nice it was to have you here--enjoying the home--and how cute of a couple the two of you are. I am so glad you were able to spend a few days with us because it's just so hard to relax when folks are only here for an overnight visit. Thank you for your wonderful and kind words in your most thoughtful review! We are looking forward to your next chance for a respite when you are able to--once again--call the Edenfield House...your home away from home.

Peachtree City
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Returning to my hometown for a 50th High School Reunion, the Edenfield Inn was recommended by a former classmate. I've stayed in B&Bs before. This one was definitely above average. The owner and his daughter catered to my every need, including what I wanted for breakfast to providing me with triple A batteries I needed for my new camera. The owner, Aaron, gave me a tour of the house explaining its history. The room was very large with two full beds and even a refrigerator. Everything was very modern and nicely decorated. Old murals on the wall in the downstairs hall, told of the house's long history.

Aaron's daughter Heather, made excellent breakfasts and Aaron makes an excellent sausage gravy. Breakfasts were full and freshly made. You probably will not need any lunch you will be so full. If you do decide to have lunch, the nearby hospital has an excellent (and cheap) cafeteria that locals frequent.

When you leave, Aaron will help you with your bags as he did when I arrived, and Heather will hug your neck just like you were family.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room for best WIFI reception and to avoid a long set of stairs, but upstairs ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob Y
Dear Bob,

What a thoughtful and wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to host your visit, as well as taking care of so many of your classmates. They are truly an incredible group of folks. It was a real treat to be able to watch and share time with your class members as so many of you took verbal strolls to yesteryear and beyond. I wish you the absolute best of luck, sir, and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in time! Thank you very much for staying with us.

Atlanta
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed at Edenfield Inn many times and it is almost like going home when I arrive. Aaron is there to greet me and to take my luggage and Heather is checking to see what time I want breakfast. She remembers that I want decaf coffee and she has it ready for me when I make my early morning appearance.
Everything is clean and beautiful! The food is delicious and the service can't be beat.
I feel like they are my extended family and look forward to finding an excuse to take a trip so I can stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PatriciaAtlanta
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Pat,

It was so wonderful to see you again, particularly in the setting where you were surrounded by so many of your high school classmates. It was really fun watching you all interact and just enjoy each other; telling stories of the past and taking conversational journeys back to a simpler time. Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments; your feedback is very important to us. While we always enjoy your company, this visit was especially wonderful. We can't wait to see you again. Hail, Queen Pat!

Very warmly,
Aaron, Amanda, and Heather
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were in town for a funeral for a dear friend and stayed at the Edenfield House. Aaron and Heather made an emotional time into a pleasant one. The minute that we pulled into the driveway late Friday night, Heather was there outside greeting us by name and helping with our bags. They made us feel at home the minute we walked through the door till the time we left on Sunday. They even moved us to a larger room that had just become available. Not many innkeepers want to sit down and talk to their guest, but Aaron spoke every time he saw us and even gave us a history on the house and encouraged us to walk around. The room was cozy and we felt at home. Breakfast was amazing! Heather your baked french toast was incredible. The best part is that they allow kids. Not many B&Bs allow kids under a certain age. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan F
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Jonathan and Nina,

We really enjoyed your visit and can’t wait to see you again! As we discussed, Savannah and August are both less than 2 hours away. You guys could have wonderful 2 days filled with sightseeing and shopping, plus we have a special where you get the 3rd night free. You two were quite enchanting on the conversation front; that’s why I kept stopping to by chat. You’re just too darned likeable - :-) ! Seriously, it was truly my pleasure to meet and spend some time with you. We can’t wait to see you again!

Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just stayed at the Edenfield House and found it to be a real hidden gem. Within the last year it has come under new management, and Aaron and his daughter are a delight to visit with. The rooms are very clean and oh so nicely appointed! They have nine rooms with a variety of bedding options. They serve a nice breakfast and can also serve dinner when arrangements are made prior to arrival.

If you are in the area (within an hour of Swainsboro) it is worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2008floridatraveler
Edenfield H, General Manager at Edenfield House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Paul and Carol,

It was SO nice to meet and spend some quality time with you “at the kitchen table”. It is amazing to me how much gets discussed at that table. I sincerely wish every kitchen table in our country could again be used as a social hotspot--to get to know each other, to remain connected, and or to exchange thoughts and ideas. You are a class act, my friend. We cannot wait to see you again. I will check any Lexus I see parked in a lot away from the crowd for a FL license. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review.

Aaron, Heather, and Megan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swainsboro
Days Inn & Suites Swainsboro
#1 of 3 in Metter
American Inn
American Inn
#1 of 1 in Metter

Been to Edenfield House? Share your experiences!