“Fast and good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Fast and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son wanted Chinese take out and we have not done Chinese take out in years. So my hubby went to Trip Advisor and from the reviews we chose here. Glad we did. Walked in ordered and within 10-15 minutes we had all four orders hot and ready to go. The portion sizes are well more than what a single person can eat (ate some for lunch and will be having more for dinner) and it was good. Everyone in the family liked what they ordered and that is no easy feat (10 &13 y/o). I think at least one person no matter where we are ends up disappointed with the meal they ordered, but not from Sunshine. We will get take-out from here again definitely.

• Visited July 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“A Best Buy for Food and Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Sunshine is a VG restaurant. It is all you want in a small local restaurant. The service is very friendly, the ingredients are very fresh, and the pricing is reasonable.

So why did I give it only a 3 rating? I ordered the Orange Shrimp, which they rated as "spicy". It was not spicy, barely had a taste of orange, but more important it was "dumbed down" to american tastes. They are so close to a 4-5 rating.

The shrimp were excellent and a lot of them, the breading and frying was VG, the rice (I ordered steamed rice) was good, but the sauce was thick, goopy and way too much. Overly sweet, glue-like sauce doesn't appeal to me.

Pricing was VG..a good value. I would absolutely go back to Sunshine , but would discuss any dishes with sauces.

They appear to have added a Thai menu, but that was not offered. So you may want to inquire about it.

• Visited December 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“Always Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been ordering via telephone from Sunshine for many years. Always consistent and above average Asian food. Outstanding service, employees, and food!

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best chinese in Gwinnett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Sunshine is the best around for many reasons...
1) Fresh Veggies-- always fresh and crisp
2) Great specials-- lunch every day for about $5
3) Good service-- always friendly and fast
4) Variety-- great selections of the standard chinese fare plus stuff I don't find other places
The atmosphere is... well... it's a strip mall storefront so there's not much! Booths are comfortable, though.

• Visited October 2011
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good, Solid Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

In ten years of eating here, I haven't ever been disappointed. My recent visit was no exception. I normally get a lunch special, which is served hot and fresh. The waitstaff doesn't speak particularly good English, so if you want something special, it might take a little effort. But they are attentive. No gimmicks, not much atmosphere, just good-quality ingredients and good, solid Chinese food. My personal favorite is the Fragrant Chicken.

• Visited July 2011