“Wedding stay”

Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
“Wedding stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Came into town for a wedding and was hesitant to stay here due to reviews. Stayed anyway and pleasantly surprised. Not 5 star but clean, good bed, good toiletries, great staff. Only complaint is the lone elevator was slow. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had to stay here for business meetings
Wow what a mistake. Dirty, rundown and just in bad shape.
I am a platinum elite and I can believe my room.
Broken tiles in the bathroom, a rather large lump in the carpet, the floor around the sink is dirty as is the area around the closet
The curtains are grey with filth.
I brought all the above to the attention of the front desk no response.
Amazing
There is a residence inn up the road that has to be better then this courtyard. It really is an embarrassment to the marriott brand

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Steve T
Dewayne G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

STEVE WELLS
steve.wells@marriott.com
Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am a regular at this Marriott and I can safely say that the only redeeming feature of this hotel is the delightful Shannon at reception. For the rest, this place is old, dirty (just check out the built up grime on the exercise machines), has walls as thin as paper, a breakfast from the fifties, and the list goes on.

I will continue to stay here because it is so convenient but I can't wait for the day when Marriott finally renovates...if they ever do.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty quiet here and big. Stay away from the elevator which makes a loud noise when t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Belgo
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ok, so even though I live in the nearby area of the CY, I decided to book at this property as a fun day for my 6 y/o daughter and 10mth old son. We had plans of swimming in the indoor pool and staying overnight and enjoying dinner at a nearby restaurant. Needless to say, our plans were changed once we walked in the front door of the CY. The smell of old wet carpet greeted us as we walked in the hotel. The lobby apprence was old looking and very dull. The FD agent was ok. She informed us of the location of where our room was, but failed to mention that our room was one room away for the loud monstrous elevator. That thing is so ancient it’s ridiculous! LOL. Upon entering our room, it smelled very damped. The a/c was crank to 60 degrees, probably to defuse the smell in the room. My tv's at home were bigger than the one in our room. The furniture was also old and out dated. We tried to make the best of our stay there by going to the pool. BUT! That didn’t make it any better. The pool area was just as bad as the rooms. First, there were little fly bugs floating around in the pool. The bottom of the pool was yellowish. My HB asked me was the pool dirty. We ignored it and went for the hot tube. It was nice, but the black spots that were around the top of the hot tube were very disturbing. It looked like they tried to paint over the spots...The more we sat in the pool area, the more bad things I noticed. Like the hole that was in the wall near a window I was sitting near. The smell of mole was getting to me. Then it was the bad water damage in the ceiling above the hot tube that was covered with a clear plastic cover. Not sure why! Oh, and not to mention, the black spots that were in the paint of the wall that they tried to cover up by placing the pool furniture in front of it. Then there was the gym! Very smell and that too had a hole in the wall. To pretty much sum up my experience, this place was a Whole in the Wall in it self!!! I do thank the Manger for crediting our family-friend his points back, but we missed out on a day that was suppose to be full of fun. To end this, we ended up leaving the hotel after only being there for 3 hours...We didnt even use the beds nor bathroom. Very below my standards!

Room Tip: Please make sure to request a room away from the Monster noise elevator! And beware of the mold and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MsVirgo97
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Courtyard is below what I expect for a Marriott. The elevator sounded terrible and many items in the room needed attention- broken alarm clock, broken cover on the air conditioner, and chipped tile in the bathroom. Some of the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever had. The hotel just seems past its prime.
The staff was very friendly. The restaurant was fine for breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the noisy elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wilmtrvler
Concord, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Like almost all Marriott properties, the staff is well trained in customer service. This hotel is worn and needs upgraded. Thin walls in the room, could hear the guest walking in the next room and could hear the TV at 11pm. Toilets are those lots of volume quick flush type that you can hear from room to room. Drain cover in tub was broken. Tub was chipped up a bit. Room felt damp and increasing the A/C coldness didn't help. Wake up call came from the person at the desk and from the automatic voice system. Got two calls three mornings in a row. Sofa in the king room is worn. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful (Shaqueena). Front desk clerk Millitza (sp?) did a good job, too. Elevator door was loud, so glad my room wasn't close to it. No treadmill in the gym and one of the machines was out of order. I wouldn't stay here again because of the room noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

After several trips to Atlanta and always staying in a Marriott this one was more like a hotel 6. Not that they are bad just not as nice as the Marriott brand(usually is )just cheaper. This hotel needs upgrading and a reliable internet would have been awesome since I had planned on catching up on my homework for most of my down

time.Very disappointed that I paid $139 per night(for 2 nights) I could stayed at at something that was a little
more comfortable. Lesson learned.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 10 in Suwanee

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!