“Nothing special, good hotel for the money”

Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel on Priceline, so we only paid $60 a night. It was fine, for the money. The light in our bathroom went out the morning we left, so that was mildly annoying, not having a light to put makeup on. One complaint- I called the front desk on the way there for directions. She told me their address was 310 celebration blvd. so I put that into my gps; however, that address took me 40 miles in the opposite direction. I called them again and she said I should try 310 gwinco drive as their address. Well I would've liked to have known that before I drove 40 miles out of the way!!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the moment my co-worker and I entered the building, we have had impecable service. Shannon is the most welcoming customer service person I have met! We were offered freshly baked cookies when we entered. Shannon also made popcorn and offered a bottle of water to the guests. We left and came back after dinner and worked in the lobby. Shannon came back with waters and said she would make us fresh popcorn. What a delightful person to welcome us each time we returned to the building. Feels like home.
The room: perfectly clean & comfortable. I stay in hotels many days a month for work. I get disgusted easily and there was nothing to set off any red flags at this hotel. I highly recommend the Suwanee Marriott. I will stay again when I return. - a Chicago Traveling Professional

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiffany L
Reviewed August 15, 2012

To be fair, I am not a fan of Courtyards, but this one is worse. The pool was closed by health department. I was looking forward to a swim here in "hot"lanta. The walls are super thin. I assume this is the reason there is a "3 strikes and you're out" sign posted on the elevator that states you will be kicked out after 3 noise complaints. I got a strike after falling asleep with TV on at low volume! Breakfast in not included (really? $120 a night and no food??). Needs to be remodeled. On a positive note, the free wireless is much better than other hotels in the Marriott chain I have stayed in. In my opinion, a poor example in a mediocre chain.

Room Tip: Top floor so at least you only have to hear people talking in adjoining rooms and not people walking...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding- staff was friendly however the property was not up to Marriott standards. Pool was filthy (woud not let my 3 yr old nephew swim in it), rooms were not serviced until 5 pm, (and not serviced well when they did clean them) musty smell in rooms and my neice had a ROACH on her when she woke up!!! I stay at Marriott on avg of 10-15 times a year and this was BY FAR the worst Marriott property I have been to. Called Marriott to inform them of my experience, they spoke to the Sales Director at the property- sales director at the property "quoted policy" and was very RUDE. No Southern Hospitality there- Marriott has just lost a loyal customer of 20+ years...

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kris R
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Adequate room and amenities for the business traveller. Easy freeway access, friendly staff and free internet. Good food choices nearby. Room was clean and everything worked. The indoor pool and exercise rooms are small, but nice to have. No safe in room for valuables. I prefer a free continental breakfast, but for the pay for buffet looked decent. I've stayed here before and will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed for one night at the Courtyard since I had business in the Lawrenceville area.

At first, I was very impressed that I received an email from the hotel's staff a few days before my arrival that included directions from the airport and a listing of restaurants near the hotel.

Now, the Marriott website lists the property on Celebration Blvd as does my company's online booking tool. Tripit recognized the address and provided driving directions from the airport to the hotel. The hotel directions didn't list the properties address, but gave instructions to turn onto Gwinco Blvd.

When I programmed my GPS at the airport, however, it said that there was no street by that name. Perplexed, I pulled up the directions sent by the hotel. No where on the directions was the full address (listed as 310 Celebration Blvd), but it directed me to turn on to Gwinco Blvd.

Granted, it was late at night and I was tired from meeting earlier in the day and the hour commute to the property from the airport. Apparently the switch to Celebration Blvd. is relatively new. Also, there is NOT prominent signage from the highway or where one turns onto Gwinco/Celebration. It's past the Outback Steakhouse and it's well hidden by trees.

I've read some of the reviews on the site and no one mentions the address problem. Hmmm...

The staff was great when I checked in, making sure I knew where everything was and the hours that breakfast was served.

My room was on the 2nd floor near the elevator (I request near elevator in my profile).

It was a good-sized room with a somewhat dated decor, but smelled of cleaning chemicals. I then noticed the window was open; I guess this was to air it out after the heavy cleaning they did. I had two double beds instead of my preferred king. The bedding was okay.

The air conditioning/heating unit was on the wall near the window; there was no electronic thermostat. The bathroom could use stronger lighting but it was clean.

The elevator is loud, making a sci-fi worthy whirring noise as the doors opened and closed.

My view? Well, check out my pictures.

Overall, the room is okay. I don't think I'll be staying here again since there are other properties in the area that are easier to find and, well, don't smell like they've been doused in cleaning fluids. My PJs still reeked of the chemicals when I got home.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

nice, clean place
tries to be a little more upscale than perhaps it is, near food, would stay again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
4 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!