“Superior Customer Service...”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Chicago, Illinois
“Superior Customer Service...”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the moment my co-worker and I entered the building, we have had impecable service. Shannon is the most welcoming customer service person I have met! We were offered freshly baked cookies when we entered. Shannon also made popcorn and offered a bottle of water to the guests. We left and came back after dinner and worked in the lobby. Shannon came back with waters and said she would make us fresh popcorn. What a delightful person to welcome us each time we returned to the building. Feels like home.
The room: perfectly clean & comfortable. I stay in hotels many days a month for work. I get disgusted easily and there was nothing to set off any red flags at this hotel. I highly recommend the Suwanee Marriott. I will stay again when I return. - a Chicago Traveling Professional

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiffany L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2012

To be fair, I am not a fan of Courtyards, but this one is worse. The pool was closed by health department. I was looking forward to a swim here in "hot"lanta. The walls are super thin. I assume this is the reason there is a "3 strikes and you're out" sign posted on the elevator that states you will be kicked out after 3 noise complaints. I got a strike after falling asleep with TV on at low volume! Breakfast in not included (really? $120 a night and no food??). Needs to be remodeled. On a positive note, the free wireless is much better than other hotels in the Marriott chain I have stayed in. In my opinion, a poor example in a mediocre chain.

Room Tip: Top floor so at least you only have to hear people talking in adjoining rooms and not people walking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding- staff was friendly however the property was not up to Marriott standards. Pool was filthy (woud not let my 3 yr old nephew swim in it), rooms were not serviced until 5 pm, (and not serviced well when they did clean them) musty smell in rooms and my neice had a ROACH on her when she woke up!!! I stay at Marriott on avg of 10-15 times a year and this was BY FAR the worst Marriott property I have been to. Called Marriott to inform them of my experience, they spoke to the Sales Director at the property- sales director at the property "quoted policy" and was very RUDE. No Southern Hospitality there- Marriott has just lost a loyal customer of 20+ years...

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kris R
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Adequate room and amenities for the business traveller. Easy freeway access, friendly staff and free internet. Good food choices nearby. Room was clean and everything worked. The indoor pool and exercise rooms are small, but nice to have. No safe in room for valuables. I prefer a free continental breakfast, but for the pay for buffet looked decent. I've stayed here before and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed for one night at the Courtyard since I had business in the Lawrenceville area.

At first, I was very impressed that I received an email from the hotel's staff a few days before my arrival that included directions from the airport and a listing of restaurants near the hotel.

Now, the Marriott website lists the property on Celebration Blvd as does my company's online booking tool. Tripit recognized the address and provided driving directions from the airport to the hotel. The hotel directions didn't list the properties address, but gave instructions to turn onto Gwinco Blvd.

When I programmed my GPS at the airport, however, it said that there was no street by that name. Perplexed, I pulled up the directions sent by the hotel. No where on the directions was the full address (listed as 310 Celebration Blvd), but it directed me to turn on to Gwinco Blvd.

Granted, it was late at night and I was tired from meeting earlier in the day and the hour commute to the property from the airport. Apparently the switch to Celebration Blvd. is relatively new. Also, there is NOT prominent signage from the highway or where one turns onto Gwinco/Celebration. It's past the Outback Steakhouse and it's well hidden by trees.

I've read some of the reviews on the site and no one mentions the address problem. Hmmm...

The staff was great when I checked in, making sure I knew where everything was and the hours that breakfast was served.

My room was on the 2nd floor near the elevator (I request near elevator in my profile).

It was a good-sized room with a somewhat dated decor, but smelled of cleaning chemicals. I then noticed the window was open; I guess this was to air it out after the heavy cleaning they did. I had two double beds instead of my preferred king. The bedding was okay.

The air conditioning/heating unit was on the wall near the window; there was no electronic thermostat. The bathroom could use stronger lighting but it was clean.

The elevator is loud, making a sci-fi worthy whirring noise as the doors opened and closed.

My view? Well, check out my pictures.

Overall, the room is okay. I don't think I'll be staying here again since there are other properties in the area that are easier to find and, well, don't smell like they've been doused in cleaning fluids. My PJs still reeked of the chemicals when I got home.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2011

nice, clean place
tries to be a little more upscale than perhaps it is, near food, would stay again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed for business for 2 nights. Breakfast is good, with fresh fruit, muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. Service in the morning is excellent to get you off on the right foot. Pool is very clean, but small (more for soaking than swimming) and also has a jacuzzi. Didn't use the exercise room. Hotel has some signs of wear, but is well maintained and clean. Beds have four types of small pillows to choose from, so you will likely find one you like, but it will be slightly smaller than you are used to.

Room Tip: Rooms X10 through X20 near elevator and vending
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jmak4man
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!