“Great Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Reviewed November 30, 2006

Haven't traveled much but I really liked this hotel, convenient location off the highway, very east to find, food with in walking distance. Pool/hot tub/exercise room and good breakfast selection (bakery items, waffles, fruit). Complimentary snacks and drinks at night.

Only negative was that it was easy to hear people in the next room but not sure if it was any different from any other hotel, also could hear the sound of the highway in the distance. Did not affect my sleep at all. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank xnovakx

Reviewed July 10, 2006

In town to visit relatives and stayed at the Fairfield Inn Suwanee. First the bad: I agree with the previous reviewer that the walls in this hotel are very thin and any moderate sound (TVnext door, screaming kids in the hall, slamming doors) is easily heard. We had to sleep with the fan on. The bathroom was not as clean as the rest of the room. Phone was filthy.

Now the good: The room and beddings were very clean and well organized but be aware that the bed is firm. Location is very good with nearby stores and resturants and is relatively safe. Continental breakfast is average. I do rate the hotel above average due to it being a good deal for the money.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank busylazy64
Reviewed June 4, 2006

I chose this hotel because we were attending a weekend seminar at the Gwinnett Center just one exit away. The hotel is centrally located near plenty of restaurants. Everything in the lobby looks good, until you open the room door.

I booked this hotel on the Marriott website, so I had certain expectations when I booked a room. As I said, the hotel itself is nice from the outside, and I felt very safe. Yet, when I opened the door I was shocked!! The room had a long hallway like a bowling alley, and widened at the end for the bedroom area. Everything was stuffed into a small area, and it was obvious that the space planning was all wrong. The room seemed cramped, even with the long hallway leading up to the room. Also, the bed was as hard as a brick. To make matters worse, when I finally tried to get comfortable, I COULD HEAR THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR. The crazy part is that they were simply talking in a normal tone of voice, so I could only imagine what they heard me say while I was in the room. I had to sleep with the t.v. on to drown out the noise. Needless to say, I would not stay there ever again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank firstlove
Reviewed November 21, 2005

I second all the reviews for the Fairfield Inn in Suwanee, GA. For some strange reason I have generally found the accomodations in the Northern Suburbs to be extremely lackluster, even in the nicer towns of Lawrenceville and Alpharetta.

Usually I have been pretty satisfied with local Extendedstays and the like but I've found the mid level accomodations to be very unsatisfactory - often very old and unclean.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Fairfield Inn. It has a great location right off I-85 on the Suwanee exit and surrounded by lots of restaurants and stores. The Inn itself is very clean, and the rooms spacious and well maintained. The hotel itself looks relatively new.

There is a clean little work out room that fit the bill although for some reason neither of the exercise bikes worked. There is a small pool and hottub which some of the patrons seemed to be enjoying. The reception was very pleasant and helpful and the Inn even offers free continental breakfast every morning consisting of the standard fare of bagels, muffins and juices. Nothing fancy but can't complain for free on top of a very competitive nightly rate of $66.

If I had business closer to the Northeast suburbs this would definitely be my choice to stay here again.

I recommend the Wyndham Vinings on Paces Ferry Road if you have business closer to downtown. It can take sometimes closer to two hours if you are driving south from the Fairfield in Suwanee to downtown Atlanta on I-85 in the heart of rushhour.

2  Thank SBRitz
Reviewed June 18, 2005

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is new and looks and feels great. Very clean. The pool and spa were very refreshing. They have a deluxe continental breakfast with waffles, boiled eggs, and fresh oatmeal and toppings. My only complaint with this hotel was that it was hard to find when getting off of the interstate. Once I found my way, it was very convenient to everything on the perimeter of Atlanta. I really enjoyed my stay and would rate this a 10!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank bigtrvlr
Reviewed April 12, 2005

This is the way an Inn should be. Room was in excellent condition, bedding and towels were fresh and clean. The room was spacious, air conditioning efficent and unobtrusive, and pool and breakfast facilities excellent. All this at a fair price.Staff all helpfull and polite. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank MatureStudent
Reviewed October 23, 2004

I picked this hotel from the review in May. After my stay in October, I agree with all the things said. Also good pool and lots of choice and plenty to eat for breakfast. So good we stayed an extra day.

5  Thank JBBT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Suwanee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!