“Friendly Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Fairfield Inn is close to I-85 but to get back to I-85 or restaurants on the other side of the interstate you have to either make a u-turn at the main road or if you go out the back alley behind some fast food places on the main road you still have to make a u-turn. I surprisingly did this with ease going out to dinner and when leaving the next morning but I don't know if it was good timing or just dumb luck. All that being said the location could be better but there are several chain restaurants and fast food outlets in walking distance which is a positive about the location.

This property is very clean and the whole staff here is super helpful and very friendly. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean. I got the larger king room with sofa and it was very spacious with a nice living room/TV area with a stereo. The treadmill in the workout room could stand to be replaced but other than that and the so-so location, this Fairfield is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had to make last minute travel plans to Atlanta, Georgia. Booked on Priceline for $40.00 a night. Total for three nights with taxes $144.57.

The Fairfield Inn is not visible from the interstate. It is difficult to see from the street, until you are right in front of it.

There were complementary cookies and I was offered a $5.00 off coupon for Outback Steakhouse which was just down the street.

The room was your typical CLEAN motel room. TV with local channels, CNN, HBO and PBS. The alarm clock/radio could receive the local NPR station and had a connection for my MP-3 player.

Complementary breakfast; hot waffles that you cooked, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, egg/sausage and egg/bacon sandwiches, cold cereals, milk, juice, assorted yogurts, chilled fruit cups, fresh bananas and apples, toast, coffee and tea, So there was something for everyone.

The staff was friendly and knowledgable about the area.

The hotel has a pool, hot-tub, a computer with internet access and free WiFi in your room. Their web site says there also is a fitness center, laundry facilities and parking.

Lots of eateries in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn Suwanee for a business trip in November. Location is good, just off I-85, but a little hard to find down some side streets. The hotel is very basic and no frills, but a good value and the service was excellent. Very kind and helpful folks at the front desk, and a decent breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The rooms are larger than any I've seen in suburban Atlanta and more reasonably priced. EVERYTHING worked: TVs, hand dryers, all exercise equipment, in-room HVAC. The rooms and common areas were spotlessly clean. Price was very reasonable for single, double, king rooms, and king suites. The only minus was no gravy for the biscuits at complimentary breakfast. If you're passing through Atlanta, or visiting Suwanee & environs, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Fairfield Inn in Suwanee is like Fairfield Inns in most places. It has the basic amenities - no room service, no restaurant. However, the rooms are spacious and the bathroom is quite large. Everything was functional and up to par. The location was good, not too far from downtown Atlanta, and great if you're on your way out of Atlanta heading north (as I was) because you've pretty much left the traffic behind you. There are many restaurants within walking distance (even at night when you've drank too much to drive the 300 feet!). Pretty much anything else you want in terms of basics is within a five minute drive. The one standout for the Suwanee location is the customer service. Early check-out, late check-in, no reservation, doesn't matter. They're always pleasant and helpful. Because of their helpfulness and wonderful disposition, I had a great night's sleep and a great start to my next day's travel. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: It's in a hotel neighborhood, so I don't think any of the rooms have views, but there's...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Since I had stayed at the nearby Courtyard before, I knew that Gwinco Blvd is now Celebration Blvd. Tripadvisor, Concur, and my GPS still have the Gwinco address so if you're programming your GPS, use the Gwinco address.

Since there isn't prominent signage outside, it may be difficult to find, especially at night.

When I arrived, the front desk manager was friendly and upbeat. I'm a platinum Marriott, so my first name and last initial was listed on the "Welcome Elite Members" sign. It was a nice touch. The person checking me apologized that the pool wasn't open (something about the chlorine) and then told me more about the property.

My room was on the 2nd floor, near the elevator. My Marriott profile lists "request refrigerator" so I'm always pleasantly surprised when I actually have one in the room. Bonus points: it was COLD.

I had double beds and they weren't the most comfortable that I've slept on.

There was also a dehumidifier running in the room, which really made it comfortable. However, it used one of two available electrical outlets near the desk, so I had to debate on what I want to unplug--the dehumidifier or the overhead lamp--if i wanted to plug something else in.

The WiFi was steady albeit a little slow.

Breakfast was very basic: cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, and breakfast sandwiches you could microwave. Odd note of the day: coffee service was out in the lobby, not in the main dining area.

As many reviewers have said, this is a basic hotel with minimal amenities. HOWEVER, the service makes up for the lack of oh-la-la and this is heads-and-tails better than the Courtyard down the street.

Yes, there are several restaurants nearby but there are also a lot of closed businesses.

Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel and used our Marriott points. We were upgraded to an executive suite which was very spacious. It had a separate sitting area with a second TV and a refrigerator in the bathroom area. There is a laundry facility on site if you need it and the breakfast buffet had yogurt, fruit, waffles, oatmeal, etc. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean. Our only complaint is the towels were like thin rags, they need to be upgraded.
There is an Outback right next door and the front desk gave us for a discount. Lots of restaurants nearby and it seems like a safe area. Every time we came back to the hotel we were greeted with a friendly hello. Indoor pool and workout room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Buford at Mall of Georgia, GA
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Suwanee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!