“Nice enough, but ...”
Review of Super 8 Suwanee

Super 8 Suwanee
Super 8 Suwanee
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wanted a lower level floor N/S.....I was told that was an add'l $$ charge!

They would not honor or post Wyndham loyalty points when you use a "coupon book" rate! ( = Hotel Manager / Owner is a cheapskate!)

We had a hard time getting to sleep with young kids, knocking on the door late @ nite from next door, while their parents' took the inside guestroom chairs, outside, and drank beers and we loud late at nite. Their phone service in the rooms were out from an earlier Thunderstorm and the min 800# from Wyndham had no way of getting ahold of the front desk on a cell phone. So, we went down to the front desk 3 Times to complain. The next AM, the same Indian guy was there and said "they asked them to vacate each time" and obviously did not. I told them he should have called Suwanee Police. (I should have 2.) He would not make any adjustments to the bill whatsoever (like I said, Cheapskates') and said he tried to tell them to leave!! As a result, I will never stay at this hotel again. I would have been better at a Hampton Inn and paid more and if I had a problem, had it comp'd under their 100% satisfaction guarantee the next day!

Breakfast was sub-standard w/pre-packaged danishes (about the only good breakfast item was prepackaged Apple Jacks!). The door was open next to the small, sub-standard eating area and I notice a bunch of files haphazardly placed above the cabinets and below the drop ceiling! Probably, with previous guest information, such as a photocopy of IDs, etc. I will not allow any photocoping of my ID @ check-in as I had my ID theft taken 3 times B4. People, there is no need 2 have them make a copy of it - they can view it manually while it is your wallet, which is what I did here.

Room Tip: Stay at Comfort Suites on otherside of expressway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vonore, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I experienced a wonderful one night stay at the Super 8, Suwanee, Ga. It is located at Exit 111 on I-85, Northeast of Atlanta and near the foothills of the Appalachian Mts.
The manager and other employees were friendly and motel had been recently refurbished and was very clean with a good continental breakfast.
The significances of the location is that Suwanee is the most progressive and forward looking small city I've ever seen. It is so attractive that the population has doubled in the past 10 years. It is anchored by it's Town Center. I would think of it as one of the "best kept secrets". One can only appreciate my comments by visiting the City's web site.

Room Tip: Make reservation thru Hotels.com and get a room close to the breakfast area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Selma
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel manager and othersare friendly. It was clean and affordable. It is near our meeting area so we come back every year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hemant P, Manager at Super 8 Suwanee, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Kathleen N.

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Super 8 in Suwanee. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Hemant P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Motel 6 Gwinnett Center
#9 of 10 in Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee

Been to Super 8 Suwanee? Share your experiences!