“Enjoyed my experience here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Segreto Cucina Italiano - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Suwanee, Georgia
“Enjoyed my experience here”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here last night with friends at a wine tasting event. They had a wine rep that stopped by the table at each course to tell us about the wine we were drinking and the chef came by as well to describe the dish. We had a nice time and the food, drink and setting were very good. They also have a Sunday brunch I'd like to try.

This is at least the third restaurant in this location and I really hope it succeeds. It's so nice to have nice places to eat without having to drive very far and deal with traffic.

I'm ok that not every restaurant caters to families with small children.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Kathy G

Georgia
“Great restaurant in Suwanee!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Sorry for the only other review on Tripadvisor for Segreto's. It is a place to go for a lovely dinner. It does not have a kid's menu, but many nice restaurants do not cater to families with small children.

My wife and I just got back from our first meal there, a New Year's Dinner. We decided we would split a salad and shared three of the small plates. All of them were delicious. I thought the prices were reasonable for a nice restaurant, even though I thought the wine was a little high priced.

We split an Arugula salad that was outstanding. Our small plates were the Bruschetta Trio, Porchetta Sliders and the Carpaccio di Manzo. I recommend all of them.

Our service was warm, friendly and helpful. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere quite nice. We especially liked that we did not go near the Mall of Georgia or other ridiculously busy areas around this side of Atlanta.

We also like Ippolito's, but this was a nice change. We will be back!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank LanierSinger
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Think we should have left the kids at home”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

First off, admittedly my review is probably a little biased. We saw this place open & it looked nice so we dropped in for a family meal.

Pretty immediately we picked up that this isn't a place for a family meal. No kids coloring sheet. No kids menu. Everything breakable.

My 8 year old son wanted to mix the "red sauce" with the "white sauce" to create the "pink sauce" that every other Italian restaurant will do. We were pretty snobbily told by the waiter "We believe in the integrity of our sauces and therefore will not mix them. I will bring you the sauces out individually and you can mix it yourself." To that my 8yr old turned to me and said, "Dad, I thought you said that the customer was always right?" I didn't have an answer to that because I was still in shock that a waiter would be that rude to a little kid.

The food was decent. I would give it 3.5/5. The service & general attitude really lowered the experience though. This seems like a high brow restaurant you would find in Buckhead, not on Lawrenceville-Suwannee Rd. It feels like it's in the wrong place.

If you're heading to Segreto leave the kids at home, bring some extra cash b/c it's not cheap, and wear some thick skin because they give the impression that they are doing you a favor by letting you eat there.

3 Thank bowiejh