Tripadvisor
Suwanee
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good food poor service ”

Frontera Mex-Mex Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a small group of 7. We were put into a booth. The portions were really small. We didn’t more chips or salsa! Plus our water glasses were not filled.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

The food here is good, the atmosphere is better. This is a great place for friends to gather to catch up on what’s been going on with their lives. Staff is very accommodating.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Four of us ate here early, on a Tuesday evening. They had some business but were not crowded.
Service was good and there was plenty of food.
My husband the non-Mex. eater ordered the Vallarta Mango fish and really enjoyed it as well with the margarita. I had the shrimp fajitas which I enjoyed.
Two dinners and 1 drink=$36.++

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

I am constantly disappointed in the to-go chicken soup! For starters, if you want to get SCREWED out of half the portion for same price, just order it Togo! I recommend ordering it in the restaurant, then asking for antogo container, otherwise they completely screw u EVERYTIME, even if you bring it up and offer to pay extra for the normal amount, which we have tried, TWICE!

They have repeatedly screwed up the Togo order, which IS NOT COMPLICATED! Less rice/ more broth, extra cilantro on the side!
I gave my husband EXACT written instructions, which he handed to the server, Marlen, who apparently understood them completely and repeated it back to him correctly. Somehow, I wound up with a bowl of a RIDICULOUS amount of chicken, almost NO broth, NONE of the vegetables that are usually in it, OR ANY rice!!!! Are you kidding me!? And of course, no extra cilantro on the side, either!
So, I attempt to to remake the soup myself, remove the pound of chkn, leave a normal amount in there, then add 2 cups of broth.... then realize, NONE of the other normal ingredients are there, so what's the point? I'll have to go to Kroger to buy the stuff and make myself at this point!
Waste of money!
Thankfully, I also asked for cheese quesadilla. Now, it's a good thing I have my own stove... bc it was UNDERCOOKED and all the cheese was clumped in the middle... so, after cooking, browning and crisping up the tortilla, and spreading cheese out evenly, I had something decent to eat. You have to try pretty hard to screw up a cheese quesadilla, just saying! Totally disappointed Frontera! If I wanted to cook my own meal, we wouldn't have paid take out prices and tips obviously for nothing!!!

Also, The group that ate in house all ordered burgers, all were overcooked so poorly even the eight-year-old didn't like it! What eight-year-old doesn't make a cheeseburger?

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Love their chicken soup ( Xochitl soup ). The soup was very satisfying. The chips are always warm and fresh. Service today about 1:00 was very satisfactory.
Would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Frontera Mex-Mex Grill? Share your experiences!