“Great Location for business travelers!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My company is near hear so we are forced to stay here since they have a agreed rate. But saying that it is a great location when you are traveling on business. Just a few yards away out front is a Zaxby's so you have a dining option right out the door. There are a few more restaurants and super markets just about 2 blocks behind the hotel with good side walks to get to them. The rooms are great and the TV's are wonderful not complaints there. The free breakfast is not worth staying for find a local restaurant for that. My only complaint about this place in my 3 stays here is the front desk staff they just make you feel like they are just doing their job which is find but when you stay at a courtyard or Hilton Garden that first encounter is different and they make you feel welcome. Hard to explain you tell me if I am right or wrong. Overall you could stay here multiple nights and do just fine.

Room Tip: Chic-Fil-A breakfast behind the hotel is a better breakfast than the free one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressatljc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Chales78,

Thank you so very kindly for your recent feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It seem as though our accommodations are fine, however, you have not yet been sold on our guest relations. This does bring some concern to us, as it is rare for us to receive a not so positive review regarding our staff. We work extremely hard in coaching and providing positive reinforcement to our team, so this will definitely be mentioned in our next staff meeting, to ensure we keep our positive attitudes alive. The other brands you mentioned are nice hotels, as we all in this area strive to take care of our guests, esp. since we have top corporate clients regularly. We are confident if you continue to stay with us, you will find our staff to be just as nice & friendly! I'm glad to know you will be coming to the area often. Thank you again for taking time to let us know your thoughts. Sincerely Nohemy D.- Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our basketball team occupied this hotel during a tournament. Was very pleased with the rate, accommodations and location. Lots of eateries near by and although a ways from some of the tourist sites was an ideal location for the tournament. Very comfortable beds, good breakfast items, clean and safe property. Would not hesitate to book this location again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
hiexpressatljc, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear sammyb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your group experience with our other viewers. We work very hard as a Hilton hotel to ensure the experience our guests deserve. We are very proud of our breakfast buffet and beautifully appointed 1 bedroom suites and have even more exciting news! We have fully renovated our hotel since your previous stay and welcome you and your group back to experience the fresh new design. In addition, we are well located in a neighborhood friendly suburban area which certainly suites our young groups!

We look forward to seeing you and your group again!

Cristine Edwards

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are well appointed and include a microwave and a refrigerator. They were clean and fresh. We had two non smoking rooms for our trip. Both were quite and comfortable . Internet was included as was the usual breakfast bar if cereals and yogurts. Coffee was good and available 24 hours in the lobby .

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank trapper09

Dear trapper09,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and yes we have a breakfast for champions at our buffet! Our all 1 bedroom suite hotel is currently renovated midyear 2014 and we invite you back to see all the beautiful changes on property.

Cristine Edwards

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because my elderly Mom was having surgery next day at 6am at nearby hospital. Upon entering the room it was so humid, my clothes got damp and my hair got curly. I started getting us settled and when my Mom headed into the bathroom, she slipped and almost fell. A little while later I started getting ready for bed and when I took my shoes off, I was standing in soggy wet carpet. I called the front desk and the very nice Desk Clerk said carpets had been cleaned the day before and asked if I wanted to come get towels. I covered every walking area of the room with bath towels and it was still slippery when you walked from carpet to tile in bathroom. I was scared to death my Mom would fall if he got up during the night. (I must note that the desk clerk did offer to try to find us a room with dry carpet at this point it was very late and my Mom was already in bed). We left hotel around 5:30AM and I went back around 10:30 to check us out. I told the new Desk Clerk that I felt I should only have to pay half of the room charge because we had come there only to sleep and I couldn't sleep for fear of my Mom getting up in the night and falling on the slick floor. The desk clerk said they were not in the practice of discounting rooms but they would credit me with 1,000 Priority Club points!!!! They TOTALLY missed the point!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hiexpressatljc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

As the General Manager of the hotel, I truly appreciate you providing us with this feedback. It is definitely our goal to service our guest in the spirit of excellence and ensure our rooms are maintained on a high level of cleanliness. Although we work hard to ensure all is prepared when our guests arrive, it seem as though this particular room was not quite ready for your arrival, therefore, causing some discomfort during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology and know that any feedback we receive is always welcomed and appreciated. We are hopeful this will not discourage you from staying with us and would like the opportunity to reintroduce who we truly are to both you and your mother.

Parish

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

What a nightmare. From the initial booking the staff was rude. My husband called back to change our room to a double rather than a king (we gained an extra passenger). Again staff extremely rude and unhelpful. We arrived tonight. The hotel is non-smoking. We have children with severe asthma. When we arrived to room 307 the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. We went to the front desk and Brian the clerk was rude, apathetic, and unapologetic. He seemed annoyed at our very presence. We were reassigned room 107. It was even worse. It smelled as though someone had just extinguished their cigarette. We again went to the desk. And again Brian was terrible. Very very rude and unprofessional. He even at one point said "let me stop you right there". How dare he interrupt me, the customer? He said he had no control over someone smoking. No, but it is your duty to assure me that a nonsmoking room is cleaned appropriately and is therefore smoke free. He could not provide me the address of any sister sites. He did say "I'll cancel your reservation without penalty". Well I should hope so. It's a shame. This hotel appears new. Too bad the very ride staff and apparent laksidaiscal attitude of everyone involved had single handedly RUINED this hotel. We are now at the Hilton Garden nearby and they are WONDERFUL. Nice, helpful and the room was cheaper. Avoid the Holiday Inn at all costs!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank AndLinTown
hiexpressatljc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent experience at our hotel. As the General Manager, it is my goal to ensure we are always providing excellent service, and it starts by listening to our guest. As you can see from our previous guests, it is very rare we receive any negative comments, however, this sounds like a training issue we need to address and most definitely will, as we want to make sure all comments and experiences remain positive. The agent you mentioned in your comments has been with us for over 4 years and typically receives excellent service comments, never-the-less, this will be addressed. In regards to your room, the majority of our hotel is non-smoking and the 5 that are not, we deodorize them immediately after each checkout. However, we recognize that non-smokers are more sensitive then others, so rooms near smoking rooms may some people differently. We truly apologize for not being able to make your stay more comfortable, however, we would like you to come again and give us a try the next time you are in the area, as our property did receive the Renovation Property of the year award with (IHG) InterContinental Hotel Group in 2011. We definitely want to make certain we remain in tune with brand standards. So, again, thank you for your comments and we will address this accordingly! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for business. Great place! Big rooms with nice soft beds. A small complimentary breakfast is offered each day which isn't huge but it's enough. Hotel is perfectly situated for business in Suwannee. The only thing missing from this hotel is a bar however there are great bars and restaurants scattered everywhere around the hotel. Perfect nights sleep every evening. The front desk was exceptionally helpful in organizing anything I needed. Great little place!

• Stayed: October 2012
hiexpressatljc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We really appreciate your positive comments and review of our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area. - Parish

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just had a great weekend at this hotel. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. What more can you ask for? The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We will come again. Hmm, not 200 characters yet, so I'll say again there is no pool. This hotel is in a technology business park so it is very quiet on the weekend. Which is perfect really.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DJHowell

All of us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Johns Creek appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us. Providing above average guest satification is our highest priority and we are so glad you felt that from our team. We look forward to accomodating you when you are back in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North / Johns Creek
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek? Share your experiences!