“Japanese Comfort Food....in Georgia”
Review of Umaido

Umaido
Ranked #7 of 215 Restaurants in Suwanee
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese Ramen noodle shop - specializing in TONKOTSU RAMEN, originated from Hakata, Japan.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Not a real ramen afficiando, but this place rocks. Love the interior design and the food was wonderful. The service is a little lacking. When we entered, it took a minute for the wait staff to acknowledge us and our server kept disappearing, but the food definitely made up for it. It's Japanese comfort food, served by a Korean staff, in Suwannee, GA. Only in America!

2  Thank Janet T

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Always looking for a New York style noodle house. Very good. Enjoyed everything. Service was great also

Reviewed October 3, 2013

So today I decided to try this ramen spot, I hear great things about it but I must see it for myself. I took my Japanese coworker who by the way, recommended me this spot. As you enter you know they paid great attention to detail from the modern yet ethnic decor, somehow taking you to a mini trip to Japan, perhaps resembling the way ramen shops look over there.
We were welcomed with a cold tea drink and some fresh edamame, menu is pretty simple and easy to read, with pictures of some of the food so you know what you are getting, this is especially good when you are new to this style of eating. I ordered as it was suggested by my coworker, a basic traditional Ramen, it had pork, cooked egg, good Ramen noodles, I mean this dish was all I wanted in my life, I felt like home each time I take a spoon of this glorious soup.
I tell you, this was my first time, of many times coming back, one Ramen at a time.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ramen here is pretty legit. You can really understand that they put a whole lot of effort in the broth and noodles. Still, the price is a dollar or so more expensive than what I would imagine for the portion size.

The atmosphere is great here including the giant chopsticks that greet you at the door.

Servers here are hit or miss. They are young so I can understand the variance in service and experience.

Overall, still 5 stars since this is really a good place for ramen, especially in a place like Atlanta.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My younger brother recommended this place. He told me that it is normally a very crowded hotspot on the weekend. We went there for lunch on the 4th and did not have trouble getting a table. Even though we ordered different ramen dishes, the ingredients- noodle, pork, vegetables and soft-boiled egg- were the same. What was different was the flavor of each. My only complaint was the temperature of the dish. It did not come out as hot, but as slightly warm. This dish is very filling.

If you order a Coke, please be aware that you are paying $1.50 for a can of Coke and not a glass a Coke that the waitress will be able to refill again.

If you are in the area and like ramen, or would like to try ramen for the first time, then definitely stop by this restaurant. If you are not in the area, in my opinion, it is not worth the drive.

Been to Umaido? Share your experiences!