“Looking forward to going again!”
Review of Umaido

Umaido
Ranked #9 of 209 Restaurants in Suwanee
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese Ramen noodle shop - specializing in TONKOTSU RAMEN, originated from Hakata, Japan.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a delicious bowl of ramen! The spicy miso was absolutely perfect, and popular, as I overhead many people order the same thing. The broth, the noodles, the slices of tender pork, the soft boiled egg. Bliss in a bowl. The pork goyza were yummy too! There's a great selection of different things to try on the menu, we will definitely return to try them all. So hungry now!

There are newer reviews for Umaido

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I live close to this place so I go here at least once a month. The prices increased recently so ramen ranges from $10-12. It's pretty good (and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like ramen). I give this place props for making unique ramen dishes but their servers are not always very experienced. I've never had a bad experience with the servers-- they are always respectful-- but I have had them charge me incorrectly once so they had to deduct the difference off my next visit's bill. My favorite is the soy milk ramen-- it's thick and creamy. I'd check it out if you've never been!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food was good but on the night we went the service was terrible. They took our food order and brought us a drink menu and forgot about us. We finally got the waitress to come over and take our drink order only to have them forget again. It was about half way through our meal that we got drinks. It took a while to get the food and to pay. I would give it another try, could have been a bad night. It was decently priced and we have nothing like it in our home town so besides the service it was enjoyable.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We tried this place to try something different. We had never been to a Japanese noodle bar before. And it was definitely something different! I got the basic noodle bowl ( I can't remember the name) And my husband got the honey miso. Both were great, we ate plenty and had some leftover. It was hard to eat with chopsticks but we managed :) our daughter had the Japanese chicken with rice, which is a great choice for kids. The small only had 3 pieces of chicken, so get the large if you want more than 3. We ordered sake and beer, but it didn't come until after our meal! I would've liked to have had it before dinner, when we ordered it. The service is my only complaint! She was horrible, barely ever checked on us.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the first ramen place that I tried but it is the best after having eaten at different ramen specialty shops in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris. Preparation of the spicy ramen and chasiu rice may be unique to Umaido and I have not found these elsewhere. The gyoza is also good. We would drive 40 min just to go there for lunch on the weekend - that's how much we enjoy this place. The service is quick and professional.

Been to Umaido? Share your experiences!