“Disappointed”

Rifo's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Maylands
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband worked around the corner from Rifo's when it first opened and he and his colleagues ate here often. Fast forward a few years and it's looking and feeling tired. We popped in for a bite on our way home from a function. The service was pretty slow and not particularly committed and the bubbly was ordinary. You could look past that if the food was good but it just wasn't. Lamb cutlets? It would appear they trimmed the lamb, then threw away the meat and served the fat. Quite unpleasant really. Hubby's calzone was ok but we didn't bother to stick around for dessert. Should have just held on to the good memories from the early days. What a shame.

• Visited March 2014

Perth
“Fine for a coffee, don't eat here!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

For some reason this eatery in the popular Maylands strip is always pretty busy, maybe it's their deals. Pizza and a beer, or burger and a beer on alternate days for $20 is attractive I guess! The coffee is a fine drop, but the rest of the a la carte menu is really disappointing. I had a very ordinary spaghetti marinara which was not worth the price. Service is also quite arrogant and disinterested.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lynnyanny59
Hastings, New Zealand
“Yep, they say comfort food - they mean it”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good solid meal, decent size and pretty good value for money. I'm new in town and one of my colleagues took me out here as I'm alone at the moment. Really enjoyed the no-fuss food and the size is perfect for a big eater - you can tell it's run by Italian men! Will be back with the family

• Visited September 2013
“service was nice”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Called in to grab a quick coffee (decaf skinny cap) for myself and a milkshake for the boy and an iced coffee for my daughter on a Saturday morning. The place was very busy with customers, almost every table taken. The staff were very friendly, order taken very quickly and efficiently. It was $5.00 each per drink, which is reasonable. My coffee was ok but I have had nicer. Iced coffee came with cream after my daughter said no, but that was ok. Service was excellent by 3 lovely waitresses.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great simple food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a smooth and flavoursome flat white with my Seattle Panini at lunch today. I think this had a good balance of flavours and the bread was crunchy to the teeth- just as I like it. My friend enjoyed penne pollo. Quantity was reasonable with good flavour and texture was good.
Our orders were taken soon after we arrived and we could see a steady stream of meals issuing from the kitchen. It took approximately 20 minutes for our meal to arrive. the range of options is wide and the lunch time specials are priced reasonably. Waitstaff are friendly and pay attention to the replenishment of water bottles, which is appropriate at lunchtime.

• Visited June 2013