“I Think I'll Pass”

Homespun Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Sugar Hill
Cuisines: American
Description: Telephone (770) 932 - 1164. Nelson Brogdon Blvd. also known as Georgia Hwy. 20.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love good country food and I have been going by this restaurant for some time now, so today I decided to stop by for lunch, there was a good lunch crowd at 1:30 and they have the menu posted with meat and veggies plus desserts. The waitress was quick to take my order and brought me sweet tea and cornbread which was good and sweet and the cornbread warm. I ordered mac and cheese, sweet potato souffle and country fried steak. The sweet potato souffle was luke warm and was overly sweet, the mac and cheese was so tough I sent it back, when I put my fork in it I ended up picking up the whole mass, it looked like it was left over from Sunday,I ordered it again and I could not eat it, it had a really bad chemical after taste, plus it just didn't look good, the country fried steak was actually ok, but it also had an after taste, maybe it was bad cooking oil or batter, all in in it was a pretty forgettable meal, I really wanted a good country lunch but the cook really let me down, I'm sure there are those who think this is a great place to eat, maybe breakfast, but when I sit down to a lunch, I expect my food to be served hot and good, my lunch was luke warm and not good at all, even tried the mac and cheese twice but it was terrible. This place does have a scenic view of busy Hwy 20. So my quest continues to find a good, true country restaurant in north ATL, come on man! there's got to be one somewhere, just not in Sugar Hill.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We used to LOVE to go to this restaurant, but then this restaurant used to be a lot better. The portions have gotten smaller, and not quite as tasty as it used to be. The staff seems tired, the building seems dirty, and if you ask for something extra you will be waiting forever for it.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Rene, our waitress, was a hoot! Nothing really spectacular but a pleasant place with good food overall.

1  Thank BROOKLYNBEECHBOY
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had never been there so tried it out. The service was poor and the food was just ok. After waiting about 10 minutes for my food, I was told they were out of it. My wife thought her chicken & dumplings were quite good but my food was just not that great.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is your typical little Southern food meat-and-two place. The food was actually not bad (although they were out of cornbread), but the service was pretty slow and the place was dirty.
We stopped about 2 on a Saturday afternoon, the place was fairly busy, and there was only one server. They were definitely shorthanded, as there were about half a dozen tables that hadn't been bussed - very unappetizing. It wasn't until we left that somebody emerged from the kitchen to start clearing dirty tables.
Perhaps we came on a bad day, but I can't recommend this place.

4  Thank RoswellDad