“Exceptionally Accomodating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
nashville
“Exceptionally Accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

We had an opportunity stay at Comfort Inn and Suites in Stone Mountain this past weekend. We had a large group staying in two rooms and included four teenagers. We needed extra linens, extra toothpaste, etc. The staff was more than accomodating especially "Brandi", who went way beyond the call of duty to see that our hungry crew had all of the breakfast items that we needed each morning although she was also handling front desk duty. She did an exceptional job in making our trip a great one!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ljbrown4
gmga287, gmga287, Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feed back regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Roswell, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

This was the worse experience I've had in this price range.

The good:
- breakfast was what you'd expect in this price range. Not better, not worse.
- The staff was friendly
- Indoor pool (others nearby in this price range didn't have an indoor pool as far as I could tell)
- bathroom appeared to be fairly recently remodelled

The bad:
- when I walked into the room and pulled down the covers there were cookie crumbs in the sheets. How can there be cookie crumbs in the sheets if the sheets are washed between each guest? I'd say there can't be.
- Room pretty yuck. Bad peeling wallpaper. Sloppy uneven paint job on old closet doors.
- I agree with other reviewers - the waffle maker situation was bad. A big wait for waffles due to only one waffle maker.
- Small tube TV in the room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank batphobic
gmga287, Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 1, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites we apologize for the concerns you experienced. I want to assure you, that your comments were heard. I have already addressed the issues you raised and am certain this will not occur again.

I hope that you will visit us again. Feel free to reach me at the phone number listed below to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer in addressing these issues.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations so that upon your next visit, we can exceed your expectations.
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

Our family stayed here for one night with the sole purpose of visiting Stone Mountain. We just wanted something clean and nearby. It satisfied those goals. The room was clean and basic, without a problem. Apparently the main reason people stay here is to visit Stone Mountain. We asked the person at the desk her advice about when to go over to see the laser show and her answer wasn't very accurate. I would think they would know more about it given the number of people staying there for just that reason. We went by the advice from people here to go a couple of hours early.

My only complaint with this hotel was the breakfast. They had a small setup and it was way too crowded and small for the number of people trying to get their breakfast. One waffle maker, which is a nice idea, but they needed about three of them. There weren't enough seats. I ate my breakfast in a lobby chair. The food itself was about the quality I would expect from a hotel like this and not too bad.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kyoung123
gmga287, Management response from Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Stone Mountain Park , we apologize for our staff member not knowing accurate information pertaining to the park, in the near future we are equipping them with that information in their training.

Please allow me to apologize for that situation surrounding our breakfast area, it is our policy that we address every issue that arises from our customers. I am glad to hear that the quality of our breakfast met your standards. I hope that this incident will not prevent you from booking with us in the future. Please feel free to contact our management team at the hotel should you wish to discuss this matter further. We look forward to being able to assist you in any manner that we can.
Florence South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

Last weekend my youth group stayed at the comfort inn stone mountain . I thought the breakfast was great, in the morning we all made our own waffles and the indoor pool was awesome! I hope we'll be back for next years retreat.

• Liked — Heated Pool
  • Disliked — The circle you have to make to go everywhere
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank 4petesake1
gmga287, Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Dear Guest, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as breakfast and the indoor heated pool! We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time here with us and hope that you will be back to stay with us again!
Hudson, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

This was our second stay. We came to go to Stone Mountain and also watch the Scottish Highlander games which was interesting.

I booked online a couple months in advance and there were no surprises and the check-in went smooth.

As like last year the stay exceeded my expectations. A reasonable price, a clean room, friendly staff and a descent breakfast.

For the first timer accessibility from eastbound Hwy 78 is a little confusing but you get used to it.

We will be back next year.

• Liked — Close to Stone Mountain
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Kpthook
gmga287, Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 5, 2010

Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2008

I flew into Atlanta and drove to Stone Mountain to stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites where I had reserved a room months prior -- and had confirmation papers. When I arrived I entered a loud lobby milling with people. A customer was arguing with the general manager about not getting a room he had reserved. I just smiled and waited. But, then came my turn. The general manager smugly told me that my credit card had been declined prior to my arrival (that day). It seemed that my credit card had expired during those months, so when she went to run it two hours prior to my arrival, it was declined (new expiration date needed). So, she rented my room to someone else and made me a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away (why????). Her justification was that she had called my home and not received an answer (I live in Illinois and was traveling to Georgia - do the math). I called Choice Hotels about this issue, the customer service representative listened patiently, and said, "Well it sounds like everything that happened was correct." I won't stay at another Comfort Inn or another Choice Hotel again. I've had other problems with them, and they are bad business. By the way, the Holiday Inn Express at Stone Mountain was clean, quiet, and the staff was extremely nice! A much nicer hotel.

• Disliked — Staff, noise, poor location off tthe highway
  • Stayed October 2008
2 Thank takerrn
CIS420, Management Team Member at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, October 30, 2008
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for the situation surrounding your reservation with our hotel. Rest assured that it is our goal to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests.

It is our policy that reservations be guaranteed for late arrival with a valid credit card. Should the credit card not be a valid credit card and declines, the reservation is cancelled as per choice hotel’s cancelation policy at 6pm on the day of arrival.

I am glad to hear that we were able to find accommodations for you at a nearby Holiday Inn Express in Stone Mountain. I am also glad to hear that the Holiday Inn Express, Stone Mountain met your expectations and that your stay was comfortable.

Comfort Inn, Stone Mountain- Management Team!
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on several websites. The price was right and the locationg great! I only paid $79!!! that's a bargain considering that the hotel is right outside the Stone Mountain Park!! The staff was nice and my kids loved the breakfast.... the hot waffles and indoor pool was a hit wih them. I will diffiently be back next year!

• Liked — The Location and Price
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!