“Not a bad place, very convenient to Stone Mountain”

Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Tampa, FL
“Not a bad place, very convenient to Stone Mountain”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Our family stayed here for one night with the sole purpose of visiting Stone Mountain. We just wanted something clean and nearby. It satisfied those goals. The room was clean and basic, without a problem. Apparently the main reason people stay here is to visit Stone Mountain. We asked the person at the desk her advice about when to go over to see the laser show and her answer wasn't very accurate. I would think they would know more about it given the number of people staying there for just that reason. We went by the advice from people here to go a couple of hours early.

My only complaint with this hotel was the breakfast. They had a small setup and it was way too crowded and small for the number of people trying to get their breakfast. One waffle maker, which is a nice idea, but they needed about three of them. There weren't enough seats. I ate my breakfast in a lobby chair. The food itself was about the quality I would expect from a hotel like this and not too bad.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kyoung123
gmga287, Management response from Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Stone Mountain Park , we apologize for our staff member not knowing accurate information pertaining to the park, in the near future we are equipping them with that information in their training.

Please allow me to apologize for that situation surrounding our breakfast area, it is our policy that we address every issue that arises from our customers. I am glad to hear that the quality of our breakfast met your standards. I hope that this incident will not prevent you from booking with us in the future. Please feel free to contact our management team at the hotel should you wish to discuss this matter further. We look forward to being able to assist you in any manner that we can.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Florence South Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Last weekend my youth group stayed at the comfort inn stone mountain . I thought the breakfast was great, in the morning we all made our own waffles and the indoor pool was awesome! I hope we'll be back for next years retreat.

• Liked — Heated Pool
  • Disliked — The circle you have to make to go everywhere
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank 4petesake1
gmga287, Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Dear Guest, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as breakfast and the indoor heated pool! We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time here with us and hope that you will be back to stay with us again!
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2008

This was our second stay. We came to go to Stone Mountain and also watch the Scottish Highlander games which was interesting.

I booked online a couple months in advance and there were no surprises and the check-in went smooth.

As like last year the stay exceeded my expectations. A reasonable price, a clean room, friendly staff and a descent breakfast.

For the first timer accessibility from eastbound Hwy 78 is a little confusing but you get used to it.

We will be back next year.

• Liked — Close to Stone Mountain
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Kpthook
gmga287, Comfort_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feed back regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I flew into Atlanta and drove to Stone Mountain to stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites where I had reserved a room months prior -- and had confirmation papers. When I arrived I entered a loud lobby milling with people. A customer was arguing with the general manager about not getting a room he had reserved. I just smiled and waited. But, then came my turn. The general manager smugly told me that my credit card had been declined prior to my arrival (that day). It seemed that my credit card had expired during those months, so when she went to run it two hours prior to my arrival, it was declined (new expiration date needed). So, she rented my room to someone else and made me a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away (why????). Her justification was that she had called my home and not received an answer (I live in Illinois and was traveling to Georgia - do the math). I called Choice Hotels about this issue, the customer service representative listened patiently, and said, "Well it sounds like everything that happened was correct." I won't stay at another Comfort Inn or another Choice Hotel again. I've had other problems with them, and they are bad business. By the way, the Holiday Inn Express at Stone Mountain was clean, quiet, and the staff was extremely nice! A much nicer hotel.

• Disliked — Staff, noise, poor location off tthe highway
  • Stayed October 2008
2 Thank takerrn
CIS420, Management Team Member at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, October 30, 2008
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for the situation surrounding your reservation with our hotel. Rest assured that it is our goal to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests.

It is our policy that reservations be guaranteed for late arrival with a valid credit card. Should the credit card not be a valid credit card and declines, the reservation is cancelled as per choice hotel’s cancelation policy at 6pm on the day of arrival.

I am glad to hear that we were able to find accommodations for you at a nearby Holiday Inn Express in Stone Mountain. I am also glad to hear that the Holiday Inn Express, Stone Mountain met your expectations and that your stay was comfortable.

Comfort Inn, Stone Mountain- Management Team!
Athens
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on several websites. The price was right and the locationg great! I only paid $79!!! that's a bargain considering that the hotel is right outside the Stone Mountain Park!! The staff was nice and my kids loved the breakfast.... the hot waffles and indoor pool was a hit wih them. I will diffiently be back next year!

• Liked — The Location and Price
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Fl
Reviewed June 10, 2008

First off, I came to this hotel from all of the reviews on this site. I've always trusted this site and have always found most reviews to be true, not this time. We asked to be put into a room that we could check into at 10:30 AM. I know this was unusual, that is why I asked in advance to make sure we could get one. We couldn't until after 1:00. That alone I could have dealt with. Then we get to our room, I'll try to remember everything that was bad, but there was so much, I can't promise to remember it all. First, the carpet was not vacuumed, it had so much dirt and fuzz and little pebbles over it that we couldn't even wear our socks on the floor, we had to wear shoes. Then, the sheets were dirty, had the same fuzz and pieces of what looked like food crumbs. There was a spot on the floor that the iron had melted a whole in and was never replaced. The coffee pot was dirty. The wall next to the beds behind the end table was covered in something which looked like soda. The alarm clock woke us up at 6:00AM and I hadn't set it. The bathroom was covered in mold. How can a bathroom that is supposed to be cleaned everyday be covered in mold? There were holes in the wall under the bathroom sink, and throughout the room. The toilet wouldn't stop running even when you shook the handle. The indoor pool was not heated, nor cleaned. Stuff was floating all over the bottom and top. Mold and mildew covered the tile along the inside of the pool, holes were in the walls and the sides of the windows. Breakfast was supposed to be until 10:00AM, we came at 9:40AM and it had all been put away. We paid 99 for the first night and 79 for the second, I wouldn't have even paid $40 a night!!! It was nasty!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirtiness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CIS420, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain, responded to this review, June 24, 2008
The comments made by this guest are not ture. As you can see from pervious reviews of the hotel, it is a clean, comfortable hotel with friendily staff and a great location. Please see past this review to other reviews and make your own judgement. If during your stay at the hotel you are unhappy with the service, please let us know at the front desk and it would be our pleasure to correct the situation for you. We look forward to serving you during your stay in Stone Mountain
Alabama
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We stayed here Easter weekend and even though the hotel was booked to capacity (according to the front desk clerk), we had a great stay. The beds were really comfortable and the breakfast decent. The bathroom could use some updating but other than that the room was average. The indoor pool was also good for the kids at this time of the year.

Other than Stone Mountain, there's not a whole lot to do in the area but in terms of Stone Mountain the hotel is close by. It is situated in an awkward spot right off of the Interstate so be careful when you're going in. We would stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Liked — Location wasn't far from Stone Mountain
  • Disliked — It was situated in an awkward spot off the Interstate
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#3 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!