Hi well we stayed at this hotel a few days ago. We normally love staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels. We did stay both nights that we reserved even though we did discuss leaving and not staying the 2nd night. So here is the good and not so good. We will start with not so good 1st.
This is an older bldg than most HIE; there was a distinctive odor when you walk into the foyer of chemicals, smoke or something (we stayed on 1st floor because 3rd floor is a smoking floor); the carpets in the hallway were stained pretty badly; the room had a stale smell that did become less noticeable with the air conditioning turned on; the bathroom caulking had mold stain on it & the toilet had a 'rocking' motion to it when you sat on it (older bldg?).
The staff is wonderfully pleasant and helpful!!!!! If there was anything that they could do in regard to the smells, I think that they would have!!! The cleaning ladies were very pleasant when we asked for extra towels so that they wouldn't have to come into the room to clean. The location to Stone Mtn Park is very close and convenient. The free cookies were awesome and the gift bag upon checking in was really a nice plus! I also like the fact that after hours they had the door locked where you had to use your keycard to get entrance into the hotel from outside (made one feel safe, yet then made one question if there has been a problem with security in the past). The beds were comfortable and the linens and pillows were up to the HIE standard which was nice. The breakfast also was the standard for the HIE. Pool looked nice even though we didn't take a swim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain! You ll find comfort and modern luxury at one of the most convenient locations to breathtakingly historic Stone Mountain Park, Georgia s #1 visited state attraction! Contemporary hospitality and Stone Mountain excitement are waiting for you! Whether you re coming to Stone Mountain for business or just for fun, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain is your personal retreat. We are conveniently located minutes away from Snellville and Lilburn, Home of the Parkview Panthers . Local companies such as Pepsi, Sidel, and International Paper are also easily accessible from our property! You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. An amenity such as high-speed Internet, business center, or luxurious bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. We welcome you with to enjoy your evening, and enjoy your morning with our Express Start breakfast. When you come to Stone Mountain we know what you need. Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain is your best stay for a week, a month, or even a year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain Hotel Stone Mountain
- Holiday Inn Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Holiday Inn