We spent one night in this hotel for a trip to Stone Mountain. We were extremely disapointed with the hotel; we'd stayed in numerous other Holiday Inn Express locations, and had come to expect a great stay.
When we entered the hotel, there was an overpowering lemony smell. While it was surprising, my initial thought was that it must be a very clean hotel. I never thought the scent might be intended to cover up something.
When we entered the room we were given by the front desk clerks, we found ourselves in a room that smelled like a sweaty body and something rotten. To boot, there was an air purifier running: a sure sign that management knew there was a problem with this room. The room should not have been assigned to anyone. We immediately asked for another room, and were quickly given a new assignment across the hall. The newer room was better as far as odors go, and staff phoned our room after we settled in to check on our comfort, which we appreciated.
This is nowhere near a new hotel, unlike other HI Express hotels. The rooms are quite dated, although our second room appeared to be relatively clean. The bed was comfortable, and we had our choice of pillows of different thicknesses.
When we ventured out of our second room, I quickly realized something: the overpowering lemony scent was gone, replaced by an even more overpowering smell of stale cigarette smoke. I nearly cried, I was so upset. The hallways, lobby, elevator, and breakfast area all smelled like cigarette smoke. This is NOT what I expect from a 2.5-star hotel, particularly the HI Express brand. We wanted to leave, but had reserved the room through Priceline and would not get a refund.
The proximity to Stone Mountain and various restaurants is great, and the staff are incredibly professional and accommodating. The breakfast was great and well-stocked. But we will NOT stay there again, and will warn others not to as well. Very disappointing; we're now wary of staying in HI Express hotels with which we're not familiar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain! You ll find comfort and modern luxury at one of the most convenient locations to breathtakingly historic Stone Mountain Park, Georgia s #1 visited state attraction! Contemporary hospitality and Stone Mountain excitement are waiting for you! Whether you re coming to Stone Mountain for business or just for fun, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain is your personal retreat. We are conveniently located minutes away from Snellville and Lilburn, Home of the Parkview Panthers . Local companies such as Pepsi, Sidel, and International Paper are also easily accessible from our property! You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. An amenity such as high-speed Internet, business center, or luxurious bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. We welcome you with to enjoy your evening, and enjoy your morning with our Express Start breakfast. When you come to Stone Mountain we know what you need. Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain is your best stay for a week, a month, or even a year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain Hotel Stone Mountain
- Holiday Inn Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Holiday Inn