“Worst HI stay ever”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Worst HI stay ever”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Hotel smelled like stale cigarettes, massive speed bumps right as you turn in to parking lot, pool in horrible shape, night auditor rude. Breakfast "buffet" was only cold items, all three carafes of coffee were empty the first trip. This was very uncharacteristic for a Holiday Inn, and will definitely not be staying there again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
atlsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Please accept my apologies for your experience. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me at 770-465-8847so that I can attempt to remedy the situation.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Fredrick Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Our room was right beside the elevator even though I requested otherwise. There were no towels in our room so we stopped at main desk on our way to dinner to let them know we needed them. We were told they would be waiting at the desk when we returned. We stopped back at desk later that evening to find a new employee there so we explained about the towel problem and were treated as if we were lying. We finally got 2 towels and returned to our room to shower to find mold in the soap dishes inside the tub. My husband inquired about guest laundry services and the staff member only shrugged his shoulders and never looked up. We have had excellent experiences staying at HI Express in the past but we will NOT be returning this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Julie H,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Please accept my apologies for your experience. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me at 770-465-8847 so that I can attempt to remedy the situation.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Elkhart
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Check in staff was great, I walked in without a reservation and they treated me very well, very helpful with eating suggestions. The room was very nice and quite large for one person traveling on business, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. Check out was just as flawless as check in and the staff was very good. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Holiday Inn Express, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed there at the end of a three week tour around many states, staff were very friendly and nothing was to much for them to do for you. We had stayed in the Days inn just around the corner on our first day of our road trip and after first night I want to get back on plane and go home. After staying here I would go back to Atlanta again and stay in this hotel again. We even left my husbands coat there and after several calls we got the coat posted back to us in England. Thank you to all staff who ended my holiday with clean room and friendly service would recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Do not be afraid to ask the staff for anything you need
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing our guest survey. Thank for your kind words! It was a pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in when you visit Stone Mountain, GA again!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My Family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Stone Mtn Ga 13 June-14 June. We were greeted by Emanuel Christian. He was professional and kind. He went out of his way to ensure we had the very best service during our stay. His excllent customer service skills should serve as a model for other members throughout your organization! I hope you will make sure he recieves this feedback, he deserves to be recognized for going out of his way to make sure your guest are taken care of. Kudo's to Emanuel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katrina P
Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Emanuel, and he was honored that you mentioned him by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done!

Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I were in town to surprise our brother for his birthday. This hotel was so clean, so accommodating and the staff were friendly and on top of everything. Special shout out to the young lady that managed the breakfast bar. She did a great job! To Emanuel for replacing my busted iron and fixing the pancake machine. To Pearl and the front desk team, thanks a lot. If I'm staying near my brother next time I visit, I'll be sure to drop in here again.

• Stayed June 2014
atlsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for completing our guest survey. Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in when you visit Stone Mountain, GA again!

Fredrick Harris, GM
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is probably the absolute best hotel option in Stone Mountain. We tried the Days Inn first but the conditions there were absolutely atrocious. When we arrived the receptionist told us the rooms were non-smoking. We went to our room only to find a filthy set of sheets and it smelled like someone had been smoking in the room since the day the hotel was built. We went back to the reception desk and the man changed his story...somehow ALL of the rooms suddenly allowed smoking...so we left.

We found the Holiday Inn Express and the grounds were well kept and the inside was clean as well. All of the staff we encountered were very kind. Emmanuel, was especially pleasant and helpful; his customer service was impeccable. Their continental breakfast was also another bonus! This hotel is very nice and definitely well priced, they could easily charge an arm and a leg since they are so nice compared to the "competition" in their area. There are other hotels much further down the 78 strip if you want to make that drive. Anyway....if you're in the Stone Mountain area the Holiday Inn Express is a wonderful option :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynsey P
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Emanual and Pearl, and they was honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him/her for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Holiday Inn Express- Stone Mountain, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Fredrick Harris, GM