“Run and stay anywhere else!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone Mountain Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Stone Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Toronto, Canada
“Run and stay anywhere else!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Stayed 3 nights in the Stone Mountain Inn. I was actually attending a conference at the other Marriott property at Stone Mountain, called Marriott Evergreen Resort and Conference Centre, but they had no rooms, so we were bumped to Stone Mountain Inn.

I had read the reviews on tripadvisor first, so I was a little worried. When I arrived, I was really greeted nicely, and checkin was flawless.

There are no elevators in the hotel at all, so you have to carry your bags upstairs. They did offer to help, though.

My room was huge, as some others had described. I had booked for the "larger guest room". And thus ended the happy part of my stay.

The room was huge, but very very dated. The carpet and bedding was reminiscent of 1975. Sadly, 1975 was also probably the last time the room was cleaned thoroughly.

The bed itself was old, definitely not up to date.

The sofa had several very nasty stains on it.

The bathroom was large, with a separate vanity area, that, if clean, would have been wonderful. The tub and shower were reasonably clean, as was the toilet. The floor was another story.

The towels were a tan colour, and didn't smell fresh at all.

The toiletries were standard Marriott so they were fine. The coffee supplied was from a company I've never heard of. They provided only paper cups.

The high speed internet is $12.95US for noon to noon, instead of 24hrs of service. This annoyed me, but the service was reliable otherwise.

There was a drought in Atlanta, so they had a sign requesting that you consider reusing towels. I did not want to reuse towels, so left the used ones in the tub as indicated. When I returned to the room after a day of conference, the dirty towels had been taken out of the pile in the tub, and hung up over the top of the bathroom door and the shower curtain rod. No kidding. Dirty towels from a pile in teh tub, and they expected me to reuse them after hanging them.

I called down to the desk, at approximately 5:30pm. The desk services apologized and agreed to bring clean towels, after making sure that I had in fact put them in the tub, expecting clean ones. (I think that my call should have been enough without clarilying that, but I digress). The head desk person brought two clean towels, and I asked her to come in and take away the dirty ones. She declined and told me to keep them until the next day. So, I was left with dirty towels hanging in the bathroom.

The blanket in the bed had holes in it. I don't want to think about what made the holes.

The carpet was very dirty, and I kept my shoes on.

The next day, the towels were changed, but not the bath mat, it was picked up out of the tub and put back onto the floor, instead of being provided a clean one. The bathroom counter had NOT been wiped at all and still had water marks. They did not provide a new shampoo (I had used about half the bottle), nor a new soap.

This was not isolated to me and/or my room. Two other conference attendees had the same problems.

We did notify the desk again on departure and the (different) desk manager again apologized and took $50 off the total bill. Frankly, having a problem is one thing, not having it dealt with is unacceptable.

This property is in need of a renovation and a good cleaning, every day!

This property is NOT up to Marriott standards at all. It is located very close to STone Mountain, but if returning to the area, I would never consider staying at this Inn again.

(FYI, Stone Mountain park is essentially closed in Sept on weekdays. We could not use the train, nor were any of the amusements open, just the cable car, so even that was very disappointing)

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank brennee2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
athens, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

Stayed here for a business meeting and was very happy to have done so. The room was very comfortable and clean. The property itself is a bit aged, but has been well cared for over the years so it actually has a little bit of charm to it. The fact that it is right across the street from the main part of the park and the dining room overlooking the rock carving makes it very convenient to the park's offerings.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank accbiker
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

My husband and I with 2 kids stayed here on our way to Florida. When we got to our room the first thing we noticed was a very clean smell to the room. Then we noticed how big the room is!! And the bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in at a hotel. Our kids had a blast doing all that the park has to offer. There's a restaurant inside the park, don't remember the name but they advertise homemade chicken and dumplins, they were sooooo good and they THROW hot fresh rolls to you LOL which were also very very good.
The 4-d movie is really fun!! We plan on coming here every year on our way to Florida. Oh I almost forgot, the best thing to do is watch the laser show, it was soooo amazing!!!! This is the best place to stay for a day on your way to Florida from Ohio!!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2008
Savannah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

Really nice place to stay, very clean super big room,VERY nice staff. Will be more than happy to stay there again. Only bad thing to say was the price of the food .

• Liked — big room and location real close to things
  • Disliked — price of food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gafffremd
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

We had a girls' weekend and the room was the perfect size for five women with lots of luggage! (Incredibly large room and bathroom vanity) The staff were very accomodating and the location is right across the street from Stone Mountain. Nice facility.

We loved it and would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Location, room size
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank WisconsinTravelGirl
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

Husband and I are locals and wanted a quick get away. We were very pleased with the Stone Mountain Inn. At first look, it does not look as nice as it truly is. The overall outside is kind of blah, but very well kept. Seems to have all exterior entrances, but what is on the inside is great! Lovely view from our oversized balcony looking at beautiful trees and a decent pool in the courtyard. The rooms are extremely large. Our room was spotless and smelled very fresh. Refrigerator and coffeemaker in room but no microwave. We took our handy dandy folding chairs and sat up in the front on the upper level of the hotel to watch the lazer show (such as it was). There was a buffet that night that smelled delicious but we chose not to buffet. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again. It is true there is no elevator to second floor, but stairs were not bad if you can do stairs. Again, we really enjoyed our short stay and the peaceful environment of the courtyard.

• Liked — Balcony so peaceful and room so large and comfy
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank legalwife
Covington, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed at Stone Mountain Inn in June 2007. I read the reviews here on tripadvisor and took the leap....and was not disappointed. We have 3 children and the room was big enough that we did not feel cramped. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful and grave great advise. We got a room in the very front of the building which was great becuase all we had to do is set up our lawn chairs that evening in front of our door to enjoy the laser show. My only complaint was for some reason we could not get our tv to order movies....but who wants to be glued to a tv on family vacation anyway. Also, buy the sean tickets for the park, they pay for themselves if your there over two days.

• Liked — Location and Huge Room
  • Disliked — Pay per View :(
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Stone Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!