“New mattresses and bed linens sorely needed”
Review of Stone Mountain Inn

Stone Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
“New mattresses and bed linens sorely needed”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Service was gracious. Rooms and baths large with nice balconies. Breakfast buffet delicious. But we have never slept in more uncomfortable beds. The mattresses are foam and old. The double beds seem really small. The linens bunched up with the badly-fitting mattress covers to make lots of wrinkles under you as you tried not to slide off the sagging edge. We were all semi awake all night and exhausted from bad sleep the next day. Would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Terrelladeville,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am happy to see you appreciated our staff service, size of our deluxe rooms and our breakfast buffet offerings. I do apologize that the beds and bedding in our rooms did not meet your expectations. We want all of our guests to enjoy all aspects of their time with us and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. We are always looking for ways to make improvements at our hotel and reviews such as yours helps us in doing this. I hope you continue to choose to stay at Marriotts in future travels. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Melissa L.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I'm a little puzzled by some of the really awful reviews, so don't let them turn you away from this hotel. It may be due to much higher expectations than I have, but regardless, we had a wonderful stay here over the long weekend. The location is perfect and we didn't even need our car after arriving. Snow Mountain, Summit Skyride, Crossroads were all within walking distance. We had a deluxe room with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The service was excellent and all of our needs were met. We purchased the breakfast package and were very pleased with the more than adequate hot buffet breakfast. My whole family was able to eat plenty, something for everyone! Dinner was a bit pricey for the selection offered, but we did eat there one night. Restaurant staff were all very friendly and provided great service. We were not troubled by lack of free wifi, although it is usually expected (these days), we were looking for a weekend away and anything I needed I could do from my iPhone. If we were desperate, we would have paid the daily charge. Overall, our stay provided a great family weekend getaway and we weren't left wanting/needing anything! I definitely would recommend a stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank momoffour74
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Used this trip for a get away for my wife and myself before heading down to Florida to met up with friends. I read a lot of review that were mixed for this hotel. but being a Marriott Platinum Elite member I thought I would give it a try. Wow is what I'm thinking. Is the hotel a part of the park? You'll think so as it's right across the street. I had heard the the front desk staff were less than pleasant from other reviews. But not for me, they were the best part of the hotel. They made sure we had maps and knew where to go and places to eat. We enjoyed the park that day and returned to a huge room. the hotel does show it's age but we found it clean and yes we always look for the little things that craw. We stayed two night the first was on a Saturday night and the Hotel was full. On Sunday night there were just a few rooms sold for that night. the park not being open on Monday made a big difference. The breakfast buffet was very good and was includes with my room since I am a Marriott Platinum member. I also got free internet. We will return to this hotel maybe in a year or two when our grandson gets a little older.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and gave us such a nice review. The staff at the Stone Mountain Inn take great pride in meeting and exceeding our guest(s) expectations whenever possible an your feedback illustrates that. We look forward to you being our guest in the future and appreciate your continued support as a Marriott Elite Member.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family stayed in this hotel for two nights during the Christmas break mainly because it is in the stone mountain park and we needed to go to the stone mountain park for two days.

The best thing about this inn is that it is right across the park. Unless you have toddler or baby, you could just let your car relax in the hotel parking lot, and walk to the park. Sky ride, and the main entrance is right across a small street.

We stayed in the two double room, and the room was very spacious. There was no microwave, but they got me one when I made a request. I'm not sure this is for all the rooms, but the A/C unit made lots of noise when heating.

There were some bugs ranging from small flies to moth. If you don't like bugs and need to stay in for summer, I would not recommend this one.

However, we really liked the room, the hotel, and the park, so if we have another chance, we will stay another night or we could try the Evergreen resort next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take your concerns very seriously and your comments have been reviewed with our housekeeping and engineering staff. We truly apologize for your inconvenience you experienced while a guest with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First off, I must say that I stayed here for free using my Marriott rewards points. I read the reviews online, and did plenty of research into the hotel so I wasn't expecting a 5 star JW or even 2 star Courtyard. We arrived at the hotel around 1pm and was told that our room wasn't ready yet, check in is 4pm and they had a full house the previous night. No big deal. The front desk was very nice and courteous and the lobby feels very comfortable but we were very tired from the flight and previous night so we decided to take a nap in our vehicle. Around 3:55 (5 minutes until normal check in) we returned to check in and was told our room still wasn't ready. I asked if ANY room was ready as we had been sleeping in our car and wanted to change and warm up. They gave us a king room, as requested, in an interior hallway right next to the vending machines, not requested. PLEASE NOTE: The reviews about the rooms being huge are the double rooms, not the king rooms. You do not get a balcony or outside access from these interior rooms. Our king room was no bigger than a normal master bedroom and less equipped than most hotel rooms. Not a big deal, we found it pretty cozy until the next morning when we both woke up with horrible sore throats from the AC/heater unit blowing right on our faces the entire night. I've never seen such horrible placement of a heater, there's no way to get around the noise and/or blast of the air in your face. If you or your significant other has ANY asthma issues as mine does, do not stay in a king room. Being in the interior hallway room was very loud in the morning. The hallways are concrete and echo every sound...kids, doors, maid carts etc. I would never pay the amount this hotel charges for this room, or any room here, again. Location is good if you enjoy Stone Mountain, but next time, I'd be better off in a tent.

Room Tip: King rooms are small and have bad placement. Apparently doubles are huge, but we didn't stay in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pryscila M
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Stone Mountain Inn. I am very sorry that we missed the mark during your recent visit. We strive that our guests leave 100% satisfied with their time with as and your feedback helps us to continue to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your stay with us please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel.
Thank you again for staying with us.

cape coral florida
Reviewed January 2, 2014

First of all, this is not a 5 star hotel if you are looking for an upscale property with top-notch
furniture, fancy concierge services, and top-hat doormen, and all the other extras associated
with a 5 star rating. However, I am giving this hotel 5 stars for the following reasons: 1) It is
located in the middle of the Stone Mountain Park and an 8 minute walk across a street and walkway to the entrance to the village with all the kid's fun things and the snow park with the
tubes and the downhill snow 'runs'. I cannot tell you how easy it was going to the snow park
and even more so with the return in the evening after an 8-9 hour visit when the 8 of us were
TIRED,VERY TIRED. A set of parents, a set of grandparents, and 4 grandchildren. 2) The Inn
has a hearty breakfast buffet to get you off on a good start and, more importantly, a substantial buffet dinner between 4 and 8 p.m. ( Last seating at 7:30 pm ). There are very few restaurants in this area and the buffets were a major, major plus. 3) The service was friendly and efficient.
4) The double-bedded rooms were huge with more than enough room for 2 adults and 2 children
in each room, with plenty of 'move-around' room for the kids to stretch and play. Now, all of that being said, the furniture was not fancy but rather basic with plenty of light. Bathrooms, too, were basic and nothing fancy--those things were not a concern for us since we used the connecting
rooms to sleep and change clothes. We would stay here in a heartbeat if ever in the area since it met our needs.

1 Thank whiteshadow
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Marriot Stone Mountain Inn sit across the street from the granit carving on mountain. Great view, with a country feel. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. My room had a desk , fridge, pullout couch, sofa chair, 2 beds, double sink, double closets, sliding doors to balcony or to courtyard. Its safe to say the rooms were almost twice the size of the average motel room.
The rooms has an older country feel it which my family and Teenagers all loved, GREAT PRICE! Average price on line is about $80.

Room Tip: best location to stay if visiting stone mountain park.
2 Thank jujuchiha
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Stone Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!