“Great Place for Stone Mountain Travellers”

Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
lafayette ga
“Great Place for Stone Mountain Travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights while we did a Stone Mountain 3 day weekend with our family. The hotel was just minutes away from Stone Mountain. Lots of restaurants within 5 mile radius. The continental breakfast buffet was good, lots of choices. That was a huge thing for me, because I we don't eat wheat and I was worried that we would leave hungry. The staff was super friendly. Everything was clean and well stocked. We got a good deal on the rates by going on priceline. Will definitely go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LafayetteGAmartin
Michael L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Positive feedback is an effective tool that helps encourage our staff to continually strive to be at their best when providing an Excellent Hospitality experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return in the future.

Thank you for your patronage!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Leesburg, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the staff very friendly, helpful and accommodating. A young man even helped me get the rest of my things from the cart inside the hotel to my car. The lady at the front desk was very helpful also. They allowed me late check-out as well, which really helped me out given my schedule for the day! Negatives: The hotel might have been hard to find without my GPS. The A/C unit was on the loud side, but I got used to it. I chose the shower stall room, but regretted it as there was nowhere to sit my bath products except one small soap dish...not good for high-maintenance ladies like myself! I also regretted not getting a room with a microwave and refrigerator. And there was a LOT of noise in the hallway very late at night, but it was from other guests not being considerate of people trying to sleep. This was around midnight. There was even a baby crying in the hall. Adults playing with a toddler in the hallway, chasing and calling out loudly. However, I did not report this because I figured by the time anyone arrived to correct the situation these people would be in their rooms. However, it went on for about 15-20 minutes. I hardly fault the hotel for inconsiderate guests, though. Maybe signs, or a reminder to be quiet in the halls would be appropriate. I love kids, but this was adults not thinking about the people in the beds behind the doors they were running by. Guests that maybe had an early meeting the next morning...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback and positive recognition of our staff. We greatly appreciate this as it provides another means to encourage everyone to be at their best.

Unfortunately we cannot directly address the visibility of the property, however given your response, we will attempt to make it easier to be found by software applications like Google Maps, etc.

We would also like to thank you for your gracious tolerance of the inconsiderate adults. We do have security personnel on property through the evening and I'm confident they would have managed the situation with professionalism had they been aware. We will review our protocol for hallway monitoring to see if there is a way to reduce those lapses in the future.

Thank you for your business, we hope you will return when next you are in the Atlanta metro area.

Millington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Check in was smooth and quick. Staff was very professional. The area around the hotel was very safe and my family and I were very comfortable being out after dark. Very good place to stay. I will use them again and do recommend them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words. The team here truly appreciates your recognition of their efforts to provide you with an Excellent Hospitality experience. Your encouragement and recommendation serve to motivate us to continue to improve all of our guests' experiences.

We hope to see you again in the future and we thank you for your patronage.

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, and I was particularly impressed with the way that the staff treated my children. We've received very cold treatment in other hotels before when traveling with the kids. From the gummy bears at check-in to the fresh popped popcorn in the lobby to the extra help at breakfast, the staff did everything possible to provide my family with a positive experience. This is in stark contrast to the Buckhead location, where they could not provide us with a room with 2 beds or even a pull-out sofa when we had booked weeks ahead of time. They left us sitting in the lobby waiting for 45 minutes for a room that never existed. We had to end up going to another hotel and paying twice as much to get a room with two beds since it was 6:00 PM on a busy Saturday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind sentiments, we truly appreciate this opportunity you have provided to recognize the efforts of our staff in providing an Excellent Hospitality experience. Many of our staff have children and it appears their parental instincts were on full attention during your stay. Stone Mountain Park is a wonderful venue for children, as is the Stars and Strikes entertainment center next door. I hope you will decide to return here in the future.

We thank you for your patronage and hope you will return when next you find yourself in the metro Atlanta area.

Hazlehurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stay in this hotel every year, even though there are other hotels closer to my event. The staff is always friendly, and the room is always clean. The only drawback is that there are not any restaurants close to the hotel. You have to drive about 10 minutes to get to a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your gracious remarks! Your positive feedback provides us with opportunities to recognize the efforts our staff make in trying to provide an Excellent Hospitality experience. I am also happy to inform you that the Stars and Strikes location next door has recently opened a full service restaurant inside and I can personally vouch for the quality of their food as I've had the chance to experience myself. There is also an excellent BBQ restaurant approximately 2 miles/5minutes away called the Greater Good BBQ that features outstanding bbq!

We look forward to you returning in the future and we thank you for your past patronage.

Patterson, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I always enjoy staying at Hampton, however this particular one has problems with Housekeeping, if you bring your own towels, toilet paper, coffee and cleaning supplies and clean your own room, and empty your own trash, you should be alright

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I do want to apologize for the breakdown in service you experienced during your time here. I can completely understand your concern as I would feel the same myself under similar conditions.We value your loyalty to the Hampton brand and our hotel in particular and I'd like to assure you that what you experienced is not typical for our hotel. We have taken your information into account as we review and improve our Housekeeping processes. Should you return to the Atlanta area, and particularly Stone Mountain, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that we are far more capable and desiring to provide you with an Excellent Hospitality experience.

Thank you for your past patronage, we hope to have you return.

st louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

the rooms where nice and clean...the staff was very nice and helpful to me and other customers in the hotel and on the outer section of the hotel. I like to be a long term customer with Hampton hotels because of the great service they provide .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words. Your positive feedback will be communicated to the entire staff as we strive to continually improve all of our guests' experience here at the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!