“Clean, Nice Hotel . . . DO NOT USE WYFI!!!”

Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Concord, NC
“Clean, Nice Hotel . . . DO NOT USE WYFI!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was exactly what we expected. The room was what was advertised and it was clean. The employees were all polite. Breakfast was okay, they only had carbs . . . bagles, doughnuts - no yogert or fruit but they did offer juice. I do not recommend that you use their "free wifi" unless you are desperate and will not need your computer again ever. You have to install a program to get to it and it pops up a "survey" or tells me "you've won" every time I log into a new site it also changed my home page. It slowed my computer down A LOT. I really didn't have time to clean all of that off of my computer on or right after vacation but oh well. That was my only complaint but it is major. I feel like places that do things like this really take advantage of their customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2vacation0
Days2006, General Manager at Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.
On behalf of our entire staff at Days Inn Stone Mountain we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to improve the high speed internet service in our hotel. I understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
metro Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights, and hopefully, this will give any reader a heads-up on what I thought of the hotel. My stay at this hotel was needed because it was closer to my job, on the east side of Atlanta. Plus, I do like to visit Stone Mountain, and it is just about a half-mile away. I stayed on the second floor, non-smoking room. The room was clean upon my initial entry. The sheets and blankets had just been laundered, and were fresh. The rest of the room was well cleaned and believe me, I check this everytime. There was absolutely no smell of any prior smokers, so I was happy about this. The breakfast bar was ALWAYS stocked fully, during my entire stay. It has a rather general breakfast offering, such as cereal, bagels, donuts, coffee, juices, etc. In essence, the breakfast bar is not bad, for a continental breakfast. The lobby and breakfast area were always clean and neat, each morning that I arrived for breakfast. Next up will be my thoughts on the management of this hotel: I must say that I was very impressed with the management (Mr. Patel) . This man went out of his way to help me with whatever question that I may have had. I experienced no major problems on my stay here, because management was doing their job properly. This is a BIG thing to me, when I stay at a hotel. Management is rock-solid good at this hotel .Also, let me add that the housekeeping staff were great! They were always checking daily, to see if I needed clean towels, of if I needed my room cleaned Now, as no hotel is perfect, there were a few things about the hotel that I wouldn't rate as good. The first thing is the parking in the rear of the hotel, where the corporate rate rooms are located. I have a rather long pick-up truck, and I always found it difficult to park my truck in the parking spaces, because there is a rather large cross-tie retaining wall just behind the parking lot, and it was really a SQUEEZE backing my truck out of the parking spaces. Of course, I could've parked in the front, but that was further from my room. Another thing that I noticed is that the hotel is rather dated Of course, it is not a new hotel, so some things go with the age. While I was there, I did notice that they were painting the exterior in the back, and the manager did mention that they were going to be doing even more updating, as well. I do think that further updating is needed. Overall, I liked my stay here and will stay again, should the need arise. This hotel met my needs, at a very fair price, and with a very competent staff/mangement and clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Days2006, General Manager at Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a guest review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! On behalf of our entire staff at Days inn, we thank you for your business and feed back, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Columbia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Reservation doesn't mean anything there. My king smoking room had no a/c and no lights. Was moved to a queen smoking room on the other side of the property and a/c worked but no lights. Blowdryer fell off the wall and the headboard fell off the wall. Property is in bad need of renovation!!! This is an annual trip and the hotel was full of my organization for the weekend event. Several friends complained about rooms and quality of rooms for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
On behalf of our entire staff at Days inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I will be addressing these issue(s) with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Stone Mountain hotels

Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!