“Average and boring laser show”

Lasershow Spectacular at Stone Mountain Park
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average and boring laser show”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Everything except the laser is good here. The mountain and the rides around are fun both for families and couples. However the laser show is the most boring laser show I have ever seen. Even if you have not seen the Disney laser shows you would find this really boring. I took my friend's parent to the show as they were visiting the city and I was really embarrassed to have done that. However we went late in the evening and unfortunately could not take them to other rides and attractions to make up for it. Do go the park but avoid the show completely and save some time.

1 Thank transcend4gb

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A fun evening in a great location.”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

A fun evening in a great location.

1 Thank Davidgbowman
West Palm Beach, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This rating is for Lasershow Spectacular...not the entire Park.”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Was just there on June 12 with a youth group and was exactly as I remembered it from my last visit a few years back. If you are interested in seeing the laser show and haven't, this is a must see. Get there early and claim your spot...midway up the lawn is great. Kids like to play frisbee, dance to the music before the show. If you get there at least 3-4 hours early, take the sky-lift up to the top of the mountain ($5) for spectacular views then hike down the mountain, its a long hike but fun. You might also want to take the scenic train around the mountain. Great for Families, groups and Couples. Show features patriotic and themes of the deep south (devil went down to georgia, civil war, sweet home alabama, etc)

3 Thank geojoewpb
Orlando, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Okay But Not Great”
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Now, we live in Orlando so we're used to Disney style level of entertainment, so perhaps we're jaded. So judge this review based on that info.

We went for the Xmas SNOW thing at the village. Didn't do the SNOW thing, but did go to the village and do the Xmas train.

We also saw the 3D Polar Express film. That was terrible. it squirted water in your face, blasted air in your face, and then turned on fake snow with the snow machines so loud you almost could not hear the dialogue. The little preview show is a good 5 full minutes of the film, to the point where we thought they were going to show the whole film. Not worth the time.

The snow village was nice, with lots of stores and some restaurants. The one restaurant - can't recall the name - with Southern Cooking - was terrible. The shows were amateurish but okay, I guess. I appreciated them but my wife and daughter were bored, and sometimes laughing at how terrible the dancing was. I thought it was okay.

The Xmas train was a big letdown. Freezing cold because it's open-car, then some splattering of lights here and there. Then the train stops for a retelling of the Xmas story "southern style" which was borderline offensive - and I'm not the sensitive type. I mean, did when the woman tells us the kings sad "Why ya'll, there's that little baby that we here's tell about" is that southern speak or retarded speak? Remember, I live i the South and I know! So if you like just riding on a train, then do this. But a drive through a local neighborhood will yield more lights than you see on this train.

Tampa, FL
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Waaay too crowded”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We went to Stone Mountain in July. We stayed at a nearby hotel so we could go to the laser show Saturday evening, then ride to the top of the mountain before leaving on Sunday. The laser light show was ok. It wasn't spectacular, but not terrible either. However, the crush of the crowd at the laser light show just killed it for us. Maybe because it was a Saturday night? Not sure. But there were soooo many people all crammed into nowhere near enough space. Everyone was standing so my 9-year-old son could hardly see the show. Just our luck that we had the requisite 3 drunk guys in front of us singing along with every song. Had to park a mile away from the park and walk. Unlighted paths to walk to get out of the park. One poor man in front of us tripped because he couldn't see where he was walking. Traffic leaving after the show was understandably awful with such a big crowd. If you go to the light show, I would recommend getting there a few hours early, but you probably won't be able to sit once the show starts. There just isn't room.

1 Thank kyoung123