“Real tasty Jamaican style food. I had vegan!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cool Runnings Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 144 Restaurants in Stone Mountain
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
“Real tasty Jamaican style food. I had vegan!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a lovely and delicious meal with family. The owners are very warm and welcoming. I went to the new location in Atlanta, the restaurant is warm, homey and a delight to visit. It was very relaxing and there was no rush to leave. The service is just beyond great. We had a wonderful time there
They fixed vegan tofu brown stew for me, yummy to the 10th degree.
We had roti, plantain, rice and pease, sorrel drink.what a feast.
Their veggie patties are also delicious.
They have a lunch Buffett and off the menu. Check them out!,,,,

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank VeganAud

Decatur, Georgia
“Cool Runnings is a fixture in Stone Mountain”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are a lot of businesses that come and go. Cool runnings stand strong. The reason is good prices, spotless clean environment, good food and excellent service. There is a new Chinese lady there. Sorry I didn't get her name. She is one of the nicest, hardest working persons that I've seen anywhere. She is a nice addition to an already good restaurant. I always enjoy my experience there.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Pappylongstockings
Bronx, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place for carribean food”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

i loved the chicken patties. they service was great. the place was clean and had tables and chairs

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Karla T
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great authentic jamaican restaurant”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

i love this place and they have brunch on sundays!!! they are always pleasant and they always remember my previous order.. how do they do that

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank jacqlync
Georgia
“What the heck??”
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Let me 1st say that I started eating at KR back in 2000 before they moved across the street. The food was delicious and kept me coming back for more, even when I moved back home to NC I would travel down to get some KR. Well....I had not eaten there in over a year and since I'm back in GA now my fiance and I decided to go last night. We hit the road from McDonough around 10:45p heading to KR. I called to attempt to place an order ahead and the girl was so rude. She proceeded to take my order but when I told her that I had more than one she told me to just come in. All in all, the girl boxing the food was rude as he77. She rushed us to place our orders I guess she had something to do. When we got it home and opened the boxes the food did not look appetizing at all. We ordered 4 entrees (fam) chicken roti, jerk chicken, curry chicken and oxtails. We did not eat the cabbage it smelled very bad. Some of the plaintains were undercooked and the meat, beans AND rice were all dry. We do not know which entree did it, but my entire family was sick to our stomachs today. We stayed in the restrooms the majority of the day and at one point I even thought I had a fever. I don't give 2nd chances when it comes to my food and health we will never go back and hopefully this will help someone else. I don't know if it was because it was so late or what.

1 Thank 1scififanatic