“great authentic jamaican restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cool Runnings Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 146 Restaurants in Stone Mountain
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed February 28, 2012

i love this place and they have brunch on sundays!!! they are always pleasant and they always remember my previous order.. how do they do that

1  Thank jacqlync
There are newer reviews for Cool Runnings Restaurant

Reviewed January 17, 2009

Let me 1st say that I started eating at KR back in 2000 before they moved across the street. The food was delicious and kept me coming back for more, even when I moved back home to NC I would travel down to get some KR. Well....I had not eaten there in over a year and since I'm back in GA now my fiance and I decided to go last night. We hit the road from McDonough around 10:45p heading to KR. I called to attempt to place an order ahead and the girl was so rude. She proceeded to take my order but when I told her that I had more than one she told me to just come in. All in all, the girl boxing the food was rude as he77. She rushed us to place our orders I guess she had something to do. When we got it home and opened the boxes the food did not look appetizing at all. We ordered 4 entrees (fam) chicken roti, jerk chicken, curry chicken and oxtails. We did not eat the cabbage it smelled very bad. Some of the plaintains were undercooked and the meat, beans AND rice were all dry. We do not know which entree did it, but my entire family was sick to our stomachs today. We stayed in the restrooms the majority of the day and at one point I even thought I had a fever. I don't give 2nd chances when it comes to my food and health we will never go back and hopefully this will help someone else. I don't know if it was because it was so late or what.

1  Thank 1scififanatic
Reviewed December 23, 2008

I've been going to cool runnings for 7 years now. You would think that the staff by now would be a little more friendly, a smile will not hurt, courtesy, and a friendly smile will help any establishment boom. If the service is not good, the food will not taste good. This seems to be a problem at all of the Jamacian resturants I have visited, I don't understand it, maybe some petitions should be done, afterall it's our hard working money that helps keep business's open, so all I ask is that the customer service picks up. I believe many find bad customer service to be a bit untolerable. In order to be a good customer service rep, you must remember that you to are a consumer, how would you want to be treated.

On another note, I can tell the cook is a different cook. Twice now in the past 2 months I have received oxtails that are not done, I mean I could not even bite a piece of the meat. I have not noticed any coco bread nor patties out either, what's going on, I recommend Cool Runnings to many, but now I'm a bit skeptical about recommending anyone, food is too expensive to not be satisfied.

1  Thank atlluscious
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Great mediocre meal it used to be wonderful its now its hit and miss the patties are usually a miss

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2007

this one is just the grocery store so yeah if you want to cook it your self come here

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook