“Huge Buffett”

Waterside Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 146 Restaurants in Stone Mountain
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Indulge in a stylish Stone Mountain restaurant offering delicious buffets in a casually elegant setting, creating a unique experience for guests and colleagues. Breakfast $16.95, Lunch $18.95, Dinner $24.95 (Friday Seafood Buffet - $29.95).
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
“Huge Buffett”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The price is your typical hotel buffet at $18.95 each. But this buffet is much larger than most. Lots of selections and good choices. This day they had chipotle salmon, black beans and rice, and steamed broccoli. This was perfect for me. A full salad bar, pizza, etc. Nice dessert bar as well.

Visited July 2013

Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Great Breakfast and Dinners, Lunch not so much”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast and dinner buffet is pretty awesome. A tip I would give is to arrive early around 6:30am 7am to the buffet. That way you are getting really hot and fresh food. Sometimes it can be cold at Stone Mountain, so you may want to sit in the back. The regular dinner buffet was pretty awesome as well.

WARNING; Do not eat the seafood buffet. I was really disappointing in it. Not what I was expecting at all. I thought they would have a variety of fish. They only had fried catfish bites, shrimp, and crab legs. That's pretty much it and they had some non seafood items as well. It is not worth it at all.

The coffee is very strong which I like and our waitresses every time were very nice. Arrive early for dinner as well. The lunch buffet was OK...avoid the chicken salad. My waitress even asked me if I liked the chicken salad, and when I tried hiding my disdain. She could still it was bad. I can only awesome she also had tried it.

If you get the chance to eat this beef hash based soup they have. Eat it. Also what kind of annoyed me is that the served their cornbread and sweet potatoes rolls cold? What's up with that? I hope a manager reads this and rethinks that. They should have all the breads in some sort of warmer.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Luqman S
Atlanta, GA
“Not the same quality as it used to be...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live in the area for over 12 years and I have gone to the Waterside Restaurant for Sunday breakfast or lunch buffet many times. However, I was disappointed when I went last Sunday for lunch buffet. I have not been here for 5 years and I found their service horrible this time around. I was one of the first three customers in the restaurant for lunch that day and my server managed to forget that I've asked for lemon wedges with my water, plus I had to wait an extra 15 minutes to get my other beverage. The food was average, cold, and dried (I went there at 12:10pm, at the start of lunch time). Main entrees were pork chops in gravy, white rice with green peas, beef loin, butterfly fried shrimp, etc. I just don't think these would have qualify to charge $18.95 for the qualify the food served at this lunch buffet. A couple that sat at the next table (came 30 minutes after me) ordered their beverages, looked around at the buffet, then decided to ask for the check and left without eating. That's disappointing as I used to LOVE this buffet. I doubt I will return again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lyto73
Orlando, Florida
“Love the variety”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

On a program we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner here almost everyday.
Breakfast was: Omlette Station, turkey sausage, pancakes, waffles, fruit bar, yogurt, pastry bar, donuts, bagels,grits, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, lox, capers, onions, cereal, hashbrowns, bacon, toast, syrup, scrambled eggs, yogurt.
Lunch: Chicken, fish, steak, pork chops, tuna salad, chicken salad, macaroni and cheese, salad bar, potato bar, fresh homemade soups, sandwich station, hot pressed sandwiches, pizza, vegetables, and dessert bar
Dinner: fish, steak, pasta, mashed potatoes, vegetable medley, steamed veggies, roast beef, flatbreads, salad bar, soups, dessert bar.
Their wine selection was also decent. I recommend La Crema, so smooth!
The wait staff were very pleasant, and tentative to refills, etc

You really are able to get whatever you want. I didn't get tired of eating here 7 days in a row.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Highly pleased”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been 5x to the seafood buffet and it was awesome, auce prime rib and crab legs, peel and eat, plenty of vegetables and a dessert bar that would send anyone into sugar overload. The server remembers me every time I come and gives me awesome service. After dinner sitting by the fireplace at the pool just tops me off. Invited friends there and now they go regularly

• Visited January 2013