Decided to try out The Continental Park Cafe after a few years of not going there and seeing how the new owner might have made of difference.
We had picked up a flyer offering a dinner for two special; 1 appetizer to share, choice of salad, Greek medley entree of 4 items, choice of chocolate fondue for two or pastries, and a coffe, tea or soft drink.
1. Outside seating on their balcony overlooking Stone Mountain Village
2. BYOB, at the moment, the restaurant doesn't have it's liquor license so we were able (saving on $$ and having our preferred wine)
Not So Good:
- medicore service from a nice but inept server
- app never arrived until after we inquired and then served during the entree
- salad came with canned black olives rather than fresh olives
- only 3 of the 4 selection of the greek medley where served
- didn't have any of the fruits for the chocolate fondue (which was our main draw) so we each had a piece of pie... one was fresh and the other was stale
- no skim or regular milk for coffee, only cream
While none of those where a big deal, they did tend to add up. And had the food been yummy, all would be overlooked, but the food was only medicore. We left there not unhappy, but more of a "eh, let's not bother going back again" feeling.
That being said, I do think the restaurant space is cute and would be a nice stop for a dessert and coffee ... if they can garauntee freshness
I wish the best of luck to the new owner and would hope he makes some changes to thrive and stay in business, especially in this economy.