“eh, let's not bother going back again”
Review of Continental Park Cafe - CLOSED

Continental Park Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Concord, Massachusetts
“eh, let's not bother going back again”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Decided to try out The Continental Park Cafe after a few years of not going there and seeing how the new owner might have made of difference.

We had picked up a flyer offering a dinner for two special; 1 appetizer to share, choice of salad, Greek medley entree of 4 items, choice of chocolate fondue for two or pastries, and a coffe, tea or soft drink.

Good:
1. Outside seating on their balcony overlooking Stone Mountain Village
2. BYOB, at the moment, the restaurant doesn't have it's liquor license so we were able (saving on $$ and having our preferred wine)

Not So Good:
- medicore service from a nice but inept server
- app never arrived until after we inquired and then served during the entree
- salad came with canned black olives rather than fresh olives
- only 3 of the 4 selection of the greek medley where served
- didn't have any of the fruits for the chocolate fondue (which was our main draw) so we each had a piece of pie... one was fresh and the other was stale
- no skim or regular milk for coffee, only cream

While none of those where a big deal, they did tend to add up. And had the food been yummy, all would be overlooked, but the food was only medicore. We left there not unhappy, but more of a "eh, let's not bother going back again" feeling.

That being said, I do think the restaurant space is cute and would be a nice stop for a dessert and coffee ... if they can garauntee freshness

I wish the best of luck to the new owner and would hope he makes some changes to thrive and stay in business, especially in this economy.

1 Thank bocce

Snellville, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Variety for Whole Family”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This last weekend, my family dined at the Continental Park Cafe and loved it. It is a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, so we were comfortable right away. Normally, my son orders chicken fingers everywhere we go, and although they did offer it, he surprised us by ordering a gyro wrap. My husband ordered the chicken parmigiana, and I had the bourbon chicken salad. Everyone really enjoyed their food, and had a good time. I was really impressed, not just with the quality of food, but the presentation of food - it looked fabulous! I tried an italian soda (mango) for the first time, and it was yummy! The menu offered a lot of choices of entrees and salads so that there is bound to be something everyone will like. They had lots of drink choices like the italian sodas, regular soda, waters, and beer & wine. I like to try new and different things, so at the end of our meal, they custom blended a wine spritzer for me, and it was great! Unfortunately, we had no room left for dessert, but they had a lot of scrumptious looking choices in the pastry case. Like the other person who posted here, I was very impressed with the customer service - it was first rate. We dined inside, but there were a lot of people dining on the balcony outside, so we will try that the next time we go! This would also make a good date place to take someone someplace nice without spending a fortune. This place is now on our radar of special places to go to.

1 Thank Sparrow3
Stone Mountain, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I'm from Chicago/Elmhurst Area and I've been looking for a place that I can spend time and relax and enjoy the food and peacefulness. I've found such an eatery in Continental Park Cafe.
The food is impeccable, the drinks no matter what is great and the service is Excellent. As a former executive I can recognize good service and a great product when I see it, because they are seldom duplicated....

RTED

1 Thank trailblazer777
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Mother's Day 2005”
Reviewed May 10, 2005

The Day Before Mother's Day 2005, I spent with my three daughters aged 10 and 8-1/2, 1.3 years old. In addition, some girls and their mothers from our Girl Scout Troop joined us for our traditional Mother-Daughter Tea (this year it was a dinner).

This was the cutest little place. All of us have passed by this restaurant a million zillion times and never thought to STOP. Thankfully we were running behind or I never would have checked this place out.

We got all dressed up in our spring dresses and hats and went to have dinner. The atmosphere was shabby chic at its cutest. The girls loved it; it was almost like being in a foreign village.

The food was EXCELLENT. One item on the menu is chicken fingers and fruit. We were like Fruit?? But when the plate came (because all the girls ordered chicken fingers (I was thinking we coud've went to Wendy's for Chix fingers) It had chicken fingers and the most beautiful display of fruit. There were fresh mangoes, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew melon.

I ordered chicken marsala with a Spinach and Strawberry Salad. Again I was thinking Spinach and Strawberries?? But a again I was Oh-So PLEASANTLY suprised. It was delicious!!!

Others ordered a Chicken Gyro. It got rave reviews. Another ordered a Steak Fajita (the steak was sooooooooo tender) Yes, we were tasting each others food.

After we were finished we went out on the balcony to have ice cream sundaes and Oreo Cheesecake. Amen is all I have to say. Because the cheesecake was to die for. Do Ya Hear Me.

This restaurant is 5-minutes from my house I will most definitely be a regular and recommend this GEM to many.

I give the Continental Park Cafe 2 thumbs and 2 Big Toes Up