“good food”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Ellijay,GA
“good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A good sit down restaurant. Southern style cooking.

Visited June 2012

Atlanta, Ga
“Its about a 2 and 1/2”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I wanted to like this place. Seriously. My friend and I cruised in there after eying the attractive and peaceful looking balcony, on a nice Sat evening. Later we found out from the owner, that the balcony ( which is the best part of the place), sadly, is set to be demolished next week because the city of Stone mountain is making changes to the building they are located in.
The food was average, not bad, but not anything to write home about. I think the after dinner coffee we had was the best part of the meal.

My real issue was with the service. Our server was well meaning, perhaps, but we had to prompt him for everything. Not very attentive at all, and there were only 4 tables of patrons, in the entire restaurant, so it wasn't like this was an "overwhelming environment." There were times where i wondered if we would have been served at all, if we hadn't asked.
For example, we decided to wait on a balcony seat , since they were all full, at the time we arrived. We sat inside having a drink, and looking over the menu, while we waited. (about an hour) One by one , the outside tables vacated and our server walked by numerous times, never checking on us, and never directing us to the open tables or busing the dirty ones outside, until, we gesticulated toward them, 15- 20 minutes after the last outside group left and they were all empty. I would have thought he forgot we asked for an outside table, but we were sitting just inside the balcony, with menus, clearly having not ordered food.It was bizarre.
I don't understand what he thought we were doing. Keep in mind, at this time, we are one of two groups of people in the entire restaurant. There was really noone else there. If we had been in more of a rush or had things we wanted to do afterward, we likely would have walked out. Maybe thats what everyone else does!

If the food had been spectacular, when it finally came, I would been like, "ok" they are attending to the meals... but salad seemed like something out of a bag/wishbone salad dressing, no fresh toppings.. Our ravioli was certainly better and I enjoyed it, but after they made a big production about what sauce we wanted...they sent out our orders wrong with the wrong sauce . We both ordered red sauce, they came out with lemon sauce.
We were too hungry by that time to deal with sending it back.

I wanted to like place...it was cute in this country home meets brothel decor, kind of way.
(you'll have to see for yourself.. )

It was a very relaxing setting , watching the sun set on the balcony....but I wouldn't recommend this place for a serious meal. Stop in to this place to eat if you have mediocre expectations& a lot of time to kill ,or for just coffee and dessert, and you should be ok...
For this place to survive ,without the peaceful setting/balcony, they better step up the service.

1 Thank Ganow
Concord, Massachusetts
“eh, let's not bother going back again”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Decided to try out The Continental Park Cafe after a few years of not going there and seeing how the new owner might have made of difference.

We had picked up a flyer offering a dinner for two special; 1 appetizer to share, choice of salad, Greek medley entree of 4 items, choice of chocolate fondue for two or pastries, and a coffe, tea or soft drink.

Good:
1. Outside seating on their balcony overlooking Stone Mountain Village
2. BYOB, at the moment, the restaurant doesn't have it's liquor license so we were able (saving on $$ and having our preferred wine)

Not So Good:
- medicore service from a nice but inept server
- app never arrived until after we inquired and then served during the entree
- salad came with canned black olives rather than fresh olives
- only 3 of the 4 selection of the greek medley where served
- didn't have any of the fruits for the chocolate fondue (which was our main draw) so we each had a piece of pie... one was fresh and the other was stale
- no skim or regular milk for coffee, only cream

While none of those where a big deal, they did tend to add up. And had the food been yummy, all would be overlooked, but the food was only medicore. We left there not unhappy, but more of a "eh, let's not bother going back again" feeling.

That being said, I do think the restaurant space is cute and would be a nice stop for a dessert and coffee ... if they can garauntee freshness

I wish the best of luck to the new owner and would hope he makes some changes to thrive and stay in business, especially in this economy.

1 Thank bocce
Snellville, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Variety for Whole Family”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This last weekend, my family dined at the Continental Park Cafe and loved it. It is a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, so we were comfortable right away. Normally, my son orders chicken fingers everywhere we go, and although they did offer it, he surprised us by ordering a gyro wrap. My husband ordered the chicken parmigiana, and I had the bourbon chicken salad. Everyone really enjoyed their food, and had a good time. I was really impressed, not just with the quality of food, but the presentation of food - it looked fabulous! I tried an italian soda (mango) for the first time, and it was yummy! The menu offered a lot of choices of entrees and salads so that there is bound to be something everyone will like. They had lots of drink choices like the italian sodas, regular soda, waters, and beer & wine. I like to try new and different things, so at the end of our meal, they custom blended a wine spritzer for me, and it was great! Unfortunately, we had no room left for dessert, but they had a lot of scrumptious looking choices in the pastry case. Like the other person who posted here, I was very impressed with the customer service - it was first rate. We dined inside, but there were a lot of people dining on the balcony outside, so we will try that the next time we go! This would also make a good date place to take someone someplace nice without spending a fortune. This place is now on our radar of special places to go to.

1 Thank Sparrow3
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I'm from Chicago/Elmhurst Area and I've been looking for a place that I can spend time and relax and enjoy the food and peacefulness. I've found such an eatery in Continental Park Cafe.
The food is impeccable, the drinks no matter what is great and the service is Excellent. As a former executive I can recognize good service and a great product when I see it, because they are seldom duplicated....

RTED