My husband and I decide to visit Stone Mountain this weekend for the holiday. I read the reviews for Country Inn & Suites and decide this would be a nice place for us to stay. We did not check in until after we left the Park which was around 5:00 pm. The attendant that check us in was very nice but busy. She was trying to answer the phone and wait on clients in the lobby. It took about 15 or 20 minutes for us to get checked in. The room was very nice but kind of stuffie, so we crank up the air and then realize we would freeze if we kept it on so we just opened up the window. We went out to dinner and got back to the hotel around 9:00pm so by this time we were both very tired. We went to be early. My husband woke up I quess around 2:30 am and started watching TV and I was kind of sleep not completely because he was making noise. Around 2:40 am someone enter our room and my husband started yelling and ran to the door to slam it shut. I ask what is going on who was that , he said it was a lady I don't know what is going on. He open the door and no one was there. I called the front desk to see what was going on and the new attendant ask did I have a key. Well I was saying to myself how did I get in this one if not with a key. I told her what time we checked in and who check us in. She said the room was showing empty and she was getting ready to put someone in there. She was very apologetic about what happen. I could not go back to sleep after that so I tossed and turned until 5:30am. I got up and decide to go to the gym which was a joke. So I went to the front desk and spoke with the attendant that came into the room. She explained everything all over again and said how sorry she was again. We checked out around 8:30 or 9:00 because we were really ready to go without eating breakfast. There was another attendant which was also very apologetic. She gave us 20 percent off the room and some extra gold points. I don't think we will ever stay at this hotel again and I think this is what I said to the attendant. We will visit Stone Mountain again but not stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside beautiful historic Stone Mountain Park, GA and only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, we are the ideal place for your stay. A newly renovated hotel, we offer beautifully appointed rooms over looking Stone Mountain. We are proud to offer a hot breakfast, an indoor heated pool & spa, a fitness center, free wireless internet and fresh baked cookies everyday! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Stone Mountain
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stone Mountain Hotel Stone Mountain
- Country Inn Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Country Inn