“It was ok”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
south carolina
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I decide to visit Stone Mountain this weekend for the holiday. I read the reviews for Country Inn & Suites and decide this would be a nice place for us to stay. We did not check in until after we left the Park which was around 5:00 pm. The attendant that check us in was very nice but busy. She was trying to answer the phone and wait on clients in the lobby. It took about 15 or 20 minutes for us to get checked in. The room was very nice but kind of stuffie, so we crank up the air and then realize we would freeze if we kept it on so we just opened up the window. We went out to dinner and got back to the hotel around 9:00pm so by this time we were both very tired. We went to be early. My husband woke up I quess around 2:30 am and started watching TV and I was kind of sleep not completely because he was making noise. Around 2:40 am someone enter our room and my husband started yelling and ran to the door to slam it shut. I ask what is going on who was that , he said it was a lady I don't know what is going on. He open the door and no one was there. I called the front desk to see what was going on and the new attendant ask did I have a key. Well I was saying to myself how did I get in this one if not with a key. I told her what time we checked in and who check us in. She said the room was showing empty and she was getting ready to put someone in there. She was very apologetic about what happen. I could not go back to sleep after that so I tossed and turned until 5:30am. I got up and decide to go to the gym which was a joke. So I went to the front desk and spoke with the attendant that came into the room. She explained everything all over again and said how sorry she was again. We checked out around 8:30 or 9:00 because we were really ready to go without eating breakfast. There was another attendant which was also very apologetic. She gave us 20 percent off the room and some extra gold points. I don't think we will ever stay at this hotel again and I think this is what I said to the attendant. We will visit Stone Mountain again but not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, September 14, 2009
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize to you and your husband for the issues that you experienced at our hotel. This is not acceptable and we have taken further action with the employees that were evolved in the situation. We hope that you will keep us in mind despite the issues that you experienced here with us as you are a valued guest to us. I would love to follow up with you personally as we would like the opportunity to remedy the situation with you and your husband! If you plan to return to the Stone Mountain area, we would like to have you back and ensure everything is pleasurable with your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

I guess I am getting pickier in my old age, but I like a room clean all the way down to the fold out couch. That is where CI&S has gotten my negative comments the last 2 years. We used to like to stay there but they just cut corners on cleaning from top to bottom.

This location has a great afternoon staff man - very cheery - loves his job. The girl in the a.m. is a lot more low key. The indoor pool is so small - at least we were the only ones in it at the time. There is no outdoor pool. Many things out of order during our stay - the downstairs BR and the vending/ice. The elevator is poor and very slow.

The breakfast area used to be CI & S strong point - but no more. The last 2 we stayed in had minimal choices and unclean stations. The TV plays blaring loud and every rape and murder case is there for all ears and eyes to experience together w/ strangers. I prefer no sound and captions on for the sake of the kids.

All to say - compared to the other hotels in the area - this is probably the best. The beds were a little better than some, but firmer mattresses would be nice. One restaurant on the corner is very good. The host recommended it. Good choice.

Great location for Stone Mountain Park.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank swost
Dear Guest,

I am sorry you experienced the referenced issues during your stay with us and I want to apologize and reassure you that this is not normal for our location. Thank you for your kind words towards our associate, we enjoy having him as a part of our team! We have addressed the volume on the television as well as the channels they are allowed to use with our associates. Rest assured that the other issues have been addressed as well and the appropriate action has been taken. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us and hope that you will return back in the future and see the improvements and changes we have made!
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

All of us felt safe at any time of day or night. The grounds are well-lighted. The hallways are quiet and clean. Our room was very clean, and we noticed that the housekeeping staff took time to pick up our three-year-old's stuffed bunny, lovingly placing it on his pillow, so he had no trouble locating it on our return to the hotel in the evening. The staff were friendly at every turn. The breakfast offerings were great. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We would readily book another reservation with you, if our travels take us to Stone Mountain again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
Dear Guest,

I am delight to hear that you and your family felt safe staying with us at all times. Thank you for your kind words towards our housekeeping staff, they really go above and beyond for our guest. We look forward to see your family back with us next time you head down to Stone Mountain
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

This is yet another Country Inn and Suites that I can add to my list of 'wonderful places to stay'! It's something about these hotels...they just make me feel GOOD. I always feel so comfortable and at ease. Everything is so clean and new. It makes me feel like they have just been built specially for me. There is a refrigerator and microwave in all the rooms and...I could go on and on. Fresh chocolate chip cookies and peppermint candies in the lobby, pretty good breakfast with all the continental stuff, plus eggs and sausages. I LOVE THESE HOTELS. Wish they were just a little cheaper, but I know you get what you pay for. Plus I get points for free nights or money off 'cause I stay here wherever I go if I can. You wont be disappointed unless you need a lot of frills.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, August 2, 2009
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that we just make you feel great when you stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the fresh cookies and peppermints in the lobby for our guest. I can not tell you how much it means to us to hear such wonderful things about our location. Thank you for signing up for our gold point plus program, its really wonderful to have. We look forward to see you back soon!
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

If you are looking for very clean lodging, extremely friendly employees and a great place to stay then this motel is for you. It was my first time in Stone Mountain and had a great stay. I definetely will stay here if I return to the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management Team at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to Stone Mountain. I am happy to hear that everything was clean and as always we were extremely friendly to our guest. We can not wait to have you stay with us again, as you will always be a valued guest to us.
alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel was very accommodating to my large family. We wanted to do a program that night in their business room and they made sure that we had enough chairs, tables, & were also good at letting us keep food in their refrigerator. The indoor pool was a plus. This hotel is not far from stone mountain park at all. They also has a great continental breakfast. The suites were clean and roomy. I have no complaints about this hotel. Mrs Patel the manager was very helpful!!!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that all went well with the party your whole family came down to enjoy. We were delighted to have all of you here with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool as well as our hot breakfast in the morning. Thank you for all your kind words toward our staff and hotel and we would love to have the whole group back with us soon.
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites while attending Atlanta Fest at Stone Mountain. I wanted to stay on site but it was just too expensive for our big family. We would have to rent a suite and could not afford it. I found Country Inn and Suites on Tripadvisor and read all the wonderful reviews. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the extended stay suite. There were 5 of us, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and one preteen. We absolutely loved this hotel. It was spotless. The room was huge. The beds were very comfortable with great pillows. We could see Stone Mountain from our room. It only took us about 5-7 minutes to get to the park entrance. It was very hot at the concerts at Stone Mountain and we could run right back to the room to rest for awhile before going back. We ate the complimentary breakfast each morning of our stay and it was wonderful: biscuits and gravy, eggs, belgian waffles, fruits, cereals, pastries, several types of juices etc... The swimming pool and hot tub were very clean and the kids loved them. The wireless high speed internet was also great. Walmart is right across the street from the hotel and several restaurants are right down the road. Kareem at the front desk was very friendly and went out of his way to see that we had what we needed. This was one of the best mid-range hotels we have ever stayed in! I am glad we didn't pay the extra price to stay in the park. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mygeorgiapeach
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Management at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words towards our hotel, we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hot breakfast as well as the pool and Jacuzzi. Thank you for your kind words towards Kareem as well, I will let him know that you appreciated everything he did for you and your family. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope that you will come back next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!