“Country Inn”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Outstanding staff and value for your money! Easy entry and exit to all Stone Mtn Park activities. Would highly recommend to famlies of all sizes, especially for the pool and excellent breakfast! The front desk personnel were very friendly, helpful and always in place! In fact, the maintenance personnel were all smiling. It truly was an enjoyable experience.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear 934williamt,
Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to host your stay. It was our pleasure!!! See you again soon! :-)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed here every time I have travelled to Stone Mountain for 10 years. They always meet my expectations. Rooms are clean, staff is nice, internet is fast, breakfast is sufficient and location is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tami F,
Thank you for the awesome review!! Our team always looks forward to your visits!! Hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel was very clean and looked brand new. The staff was great as well. The rooms were a nice size and had flat screen T.V's which also good. My only complaint is the comforters were too heavy and tend to weigh you down making you feel squished while sleeping. I could see Stone Mountain from our room, which was the purpose of our visit, so being that close was great. Breakfast was ok, but very crowded. Overall it was a really nice place and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear James Q,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed our services. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We needed a room with a seperate bedroom suite and living room as we were traveling with our 1 year old grand daughter. Country Inn filled the bill and was close to our relatives. As a retired Retail Store Manager, I always believed that the staff makes the Experience "Good or Bad" (Especially at Chain operations) and I have to say, they made our grand daughter happy which made us happy too! The Staff was very Pleasant, and Happy to help out anyway they could. They were Real People, not the setrile, corporate robots that seem to be everywhere today in the service field. They were engaging with me and went over the top with my grand daughter. It was easy to see that the staff was genuinely concerned about THEIR Guests, at THEIR Inn. I never mentioned the noisy ice machine in the 3rd Floor Hallway (it happens) because the girls at the desk took the time to place us away from other guests (at my request) because, 1 a year old will cry! The building is having a refresh at the time of this writing (Aug 2014) The common areas were clean and well furnished. Breakfast was Good and the STAFF was Great!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Brian B,
Thank for your kind words! It was a pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in when you visit Stone Mountain, GA again!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The beds and room were great and the free breakfast was good but the outside remodeling at 7:30am one morning was a little upsetting. The hot tub was nice but the pool is small and very crowded. Overall the room was comfortable and served our purpose.

1  Thank rowley848

Dear rowley848,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of our entire staff please allow me to apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel due to the face left we are giving the outside of the hotel. I will be addressing these issue(s) with our team, and I assure you that we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Tia, at the front desk was WONDERFUL!!! I am from Ohio, and she was so helpful and accommodating in givig me directions and printing out information for attractions for us to see. The room was very nice; extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. I wish I could have stayed there the other two nights, but I couldn't get a room for that many nights, so I had to check out and check into the Country Inns & Suites in Norcross for Wed. and Thursday, but I was fortunate enough to get a room at your Stone Mountain location Friday, July 18 and I checked out Sat. July 19.

If I'd had a bad experience, I wouldn't have come back, but since Tia was so great, and the room was so nice, I knew I didn't want to stay anywhere else. The location is right off the freeway, and easily accessible to restaurants and the world famous Stone Mountain. The staff and rooms make this hotel my top choice!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and it was very quiet. We didn't have the Stone Mountain view t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheri B
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Sheri B,
What an awesome review!!!! We are so glad that you found us too! I have to agree with you on my team. They are awesome!! Please do come back again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights 7-12,7-13 and 7-14. We picked a great place to stay. I am so glad we stayed here for our trip to Stone Mountain Park and Georgia Aquarium. The Park is literally 6 min away. See attached pics. You can actually see Stone Mountain from the front steps of the hotel. Look at strip mall across the street and there it is! Breakfast was great each morning. They also have coffee set up in the lobby all day. Beds were very comfortable, rooms nice and clean and the common areas including parking lot were clean. Was a safe area which is important to us. Wendys is a 3 min walk to the corner. There are several places to eat close by. My favorite was the Stone Mtn Pizza café. which is literally 2min drive. A medium pizza was $9.95 and a salad $2.50. The pizza fed 3 of us. The staff was awesome. Two girls at the desk-Kim and Kay were so helpful/nice/and I can't say enough good things to do them justice. Business Center has 2 computers/printers for your use. All 3 nights were quiet and peaceful and I slept so good. Our grandson had a wonderful time at the inside pool. Coke machine was only 75 cents. I've paid 3 dollars for a pop in other hotels. Our trip to Georgia aquarium took us one hour using a GPS. It took only 40 minutes using a MapQuest printout-so much faster. MapQuest kept us off the 8 lane bumper to bumper traffic and will take you the back way out of downtown-SO MUCH LESS STRESSFULL and quicker. Read tips for the safest way to Stone Mountain Park. I paid an average of $116.00 over 3 nights. What a relief to stay in a good hotel.

Room Tip: Front desk has safe driving instructions on how to get to Stone Mountain-USE IT! You'll be glad...
2  Thank TrippingTom
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear TrippingTom,
Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! I have shared your compliments with Kim & Kay, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#2 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!