“Very comfortable hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a pretty nice hotel. Rooms are clean and smell good and staff is very friendly. Hot breakfast in the morning And a nice indoor pool area. I stay here two nights a month on business and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If your a day sleeper ask to stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bill m
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Bill M,
Thank for your kind words! It was a pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Stone Mountain, GA again! :-)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a decent hotel/motel in the Stone Mountain area, but nothing more than that. Rooms are decently appointed, and the staff is nice and efficient. I had a King suite room that served my needs just fine. The breakfast left a good bit to be desired, as the coffee was foul and the eggs were the consistency of powder.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GaryKarr

Dear GaryKarr,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Rest assured that I will be taking a closer look at the issue of the eggs and will try to address it right away. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I must say, I will search for them in the future! Not only was the location perfect, the hotel gorgeous and clean, the breakfast quite nice but the staff was amazing! They could not have been nicer or more helpful. Every single person I encountered was wonderful and cheerful. I will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. We also had a room (even numbers) front facing...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank iamthescenicroute
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear iamthescenicroute,
Thank you for the awesome review and your kind words towards our staff! They will be thrilled to hear your comments. We look forward to seeing you when you visit Stone Mountain again!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My son and I stayed the Country Inn & Sites (CI&S) in Stone Mountain, GA the week after Christmas. We had gone up for the Stone Mountain Winter Park and had planned on staying there, but they were booked up. In hindsight, I am glad that they were because CI&S worked out great! They cost of the stay was approximately half of what the on grounds hotels wanted and it came with a full breakfast...not just a bagel, cup of coffee and a banana.

From the moment we checked in (without a reservation), the on-duty manager, Gena, was extremely helpful, personable and friendly. She seemed to take it personal that we were fully accomodated during our stay.

The 2-room suite we had was roomy, clean and offered everything we needed and more! The Inn is located within walking or easy reach to stores, retaurants and only minutes away from the Park.

Room Tip: For my son and I, I chose a two queen bed, 2-room suite and it was perfect. The suite offers a pull...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BKMitch
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear BKMitch,
What an awesome review!!!! We are so glad that you found us too! I'm have to agree with you on our breakfast. It’s awesome!! :-)
Please do come back again soon! In the summer perhaps? :-)

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my Mom and kids. We had to wait at check in due to no receptionist at desk, for 15 min. Other than that, everything was great! Lobby was clean an inviting, rooms were very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed having two rooms with two TVs, as the kids stayed up late playing Xbox. Oh, free Wifi was Awesome to have. Breakfast was free and enjoyed that. One less meal to buy. Minutes from Stone Mountain, that's why we were there! Awesome location. Shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Walmart just across the street! Awesome stay!!! Oh, fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at front desk!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Kimsxe,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you had to wait for the staff while they assisted another guest. Please accept my apologies for your experience at check-out. I am however happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were incredible. They went so far out if their way to make us feel welcome, that it felt like a home away from home. Everything about this hotel was incredibly clean, from our room to the pool. I will go out of my way to find a Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, whenever traveling from now on!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Searnette,
You are sooo sweet!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thought I would give second review since country Inn is now part of Carlson chain. As strict corporate control restraints by Carlson keep hotel from reacting to immediate customer's desires, they are still the best quality and service for the price in that area. I would still highly recommend them to others. Although breakfast variety/choices and coffee strength have lowered since hotel was taken over by Carlson, the room quality and hotel management are still top of the line. It should also be noted the new corporate ownership changed this hotel to non-smoking only, so they do limit their customer base now.

Room Tip: All room re-done, so they are all great, as long if you are looking for non-smoking rooms only.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank D Fitchett F

Dear Mr. Fitchett,
You are the best guest EVER!!!! We love having you as a guest! Thank you for the great review. See you soon! :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#2 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!