“Snow Mountain”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Niceville, Florida
“Snow Mountain”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I must say, I will search for them in the future! Not only was the location perfect, the hotel gorgeous and clean, the breakfast quite nice but the staff was amazing! They could not have been nicer or more helpful. Every single person I encountered was wonderful and cheerful. I will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. We also had a room (even numbers) front facing...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank iamthescenicroute
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear iamthescenicroute,
Thank you for the awesome review and your kind words towards our staff! They will be thrilled to hear your comments. We look forward to seeing you when you visit Stone Mountain again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My son and I stayed the Country Inn & Sites (CI&S) in Stone Mountain, GA the week after Christmas. We had gone up for the Stone Mountain Winter Park and had planned on staying there, but they were booked up. In hindsight, I am glad that they were because CI&S worked out great! They cost of the stay was approximately half of what the on grounds hotels wanted and it came with a full breakfast...not just a bagel, cup of coffee and a banana.

From the moment we checked in (without a reservation), the on-duty manager, Gena, was extremely helpful, personable and friendly. She seemed to take it personal that we were fully accomodated during our stay.

The 2-room suite we had was roomy, clean and offered everything we needed and more! The Inn is located within walking or easy reach to stores, retaurants and only minutes away from the Park.

Room Tip: For my son and I, I chose a two queen bed, 2-room suite and it was perfect. The suite offers a pull...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BKMitch
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear BKMitch,
What an awesome review!!!! We are so glad that you found us too! I'm have to agree with you on our breakfast. It’s awesome!! :-)
Please do come back again soon! In the summer perhaps? :-)
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my Mom and kids. We had to wait at check in due to no receptionist at desk, for 15 min. Other than that, everything was great! Lobby was clean an inviting, rooms were very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed having two rooms with two TVs, as the kids stayed up late playing Xbox. Oh, free Wifi was Awesome to have. Breakfast was free and enjoyed that. One less meal to buy. Minutes from Stone Mountain, that's why we were there! Awesome location. Shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Walmart just across the street! Awesome stay!!! Oh, fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at front desk!!!

Dear Kimsxe,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you had to wait for the staff while they assisted another guest. Please accept my apologies for your experience at check-out. I am however happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were incredible. They went so far out if their way to make us feel welcome, that it felt like a home away from home. Everything about this hotel was incredibly clean, from our room to the pool. I will go out of my way to find a Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, whenever traveling from now on!

Dear Searnette,
You are sooo sweet!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thought I would give second review since country Inn is now part of Carlson chain. As strict corporate control restraints by Carlson keep hotel from reacting to immediate customer's desires, they are still the best quality and service for the price in that area. I would still highly recommend them to others. Although breakfast variety/choices and coffee strength have lowered since hotel was taken over by Carlson, the room quality and hotel management are still top of the line. It should also be noted the new corporate ownership changed this hotel to non-smoking only, so they do limit their customer base now.

Room Tip: All room re-done, so they are all great, as long if you are looking for non-smoking rooms only.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D Fitchett F
Dear Mr. Fitchett,
You are the best guest EVER!!!! We love having you as a guest! Thank you for the great review. See you soon! :-)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I booked in advance (& paid for room in advance) through the hotel's site. I also reserved a stone mountain view room (for an extra charge). I booked Friday & Saturday nights, but we were unable to arrive until Saturday.
I called the front desk on Friday morning, & also left a message for the general manager & explained we'd be arriving on Saturday.
We arrive Saturday (exhausted), & are told our fully paid for booking was canceled & that we need to pay for the night. So we had to pay twice for Saturday. Then we find out no mountain views available (which upset my excited child).
Hoping we can resolve this & have the extra charge refunded.
I'll let you know what happens. I'm just really surprised based on all the wonderful reviews. So far this is not the delightful stay I was planning on having.
And beware about booking in advance!

1 Thank tiredglass
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Tireglass,
I am so sorry to have missed your call on Friday. Rest assured that I will get the issue corrected right away. Please feel free to call me at the hotel @ 770-465-6515 with any questions or concerns. I look forward to speaking with you soon. :-)
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were warmly welcomed from the moment we entered the lobby. Our entire weekend stay, with a 5 and a 6 year old, was wonderful. The staff made our grandchildrens' day - as they spoke with them not AT them. Breakfast was great - hot, fresh, nice selection. The entire facility including the grounds were very clean. The pool is small but the children thoroughly enjoyed their time there. This is a must stay at hotel if you are visiting the Stone Mountain Park area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear FunnyPaper,
Thank you for a great review!!! I am excited to hear that you and your grandkids enjoyed staying with us. It is always our pleasure to host our "little" (kids) guests :-) We look forward to seeing you again soon! Will you be back with the grandkids for Snow Mountain and X-mass at the park?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!