“Home Away From Home”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were incredible. They went so far out if their way to make us feel welcome, that it felt like a home away from home. Everything about this hotel was incredibly clean, from our room to the pool. I will go out of my way to find a Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, whenever traveling from now on!

• Stayed December 2012
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Searnette,
You are sooo sweet!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thought I would give second review since country Inn is now part of Carlson chain. As strict corporate control restraints by Carlson keep hotel from reacting to immediate customer's desires, they are still the best quality and service for the price in that area. I would still highly recommend them to others. Although breakfast variety/choices and coffee strength have lowered since hotel was taken over by Carlson, the room quality and hotel management are still top of the line. It should also be noted the new corporate ownership changed this hotel to non-smoking only, so they do limit their customer base now.

Room Tip: All room re-done, so they are all great, as long if you are looking for non-smoking rooms only.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D Fitchett F
Dear Mr. Fitchett,
You are the best guest EVER!!!! We love having you as a guest! Thank you for the great review. See you soon! :-)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I booked in advance (& paid for room in advance) through the hotel's site. I also reserved a stone mountain view room (for an extra charge). I booked Friday & Saturday nights, but we were unable to arrive until Saturday.
I called the front desk on Friday morning, & also left a message for the general manager & explained we'd be arriving on Saturday.
We arrive Saturday (exhausted), & are told our fully paid for booking was canceled & that we need to pay for the night. So we had to pay twice for Saturday. Then we find out no mountain views available (which upset my excited child).
Hoping we can resolve this & have the extra charge refunded.
I'll let you know what happens. I'm just really surprised based on all the wonderful reviews. So far this is not the delightful stay I was planning on having.
And beware about booking in advance!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tiredglass
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Tireglass,
I am so sorry to have missed your call on Friday. Rest assured that I will get the issue corrected right away. Please feel free to call me at the hotel @ 770-465-6515 with any questions or concerns. I look forward to speaking with you soon. :-)
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were warmly welcomed from the moment we entered the lobby. Our entire weekend stay, with a 5 and a 6 year old, was wonderful. The staff made our grandchildrens' day - as they spoke with them not AT them. Breakfast was great - hot, fresh, nice selection. The entire facility including the grounds were very clean. The pool is small but the children thoroughly enjoyed their time there. This is a must stay at hotel if you are visiting the Stone Mountain Park area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear FunnyPaper,
Thank you for a great review!!! I am excited to hear that you and your grandkids enjoyed staying with us. It is always our pleasure to host our "little" (kids) guests :-) We look forward to seeing you again soon! Will you be back with the grandkids for Snow Mountain and X-mass at the park?
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was in Stone Mountain for a family reunion and stayed here for three nights with my wife. With lower-cost hotels like this I hope for the best but I'm almost always disappointed with the cleanliness or size of the room or the quality of the staff. But the staff at the Country Inn & Suites was outstanding and our room was clean and huge. For the price, I can't imagine a better hotel experience.

The only thing that kept this from being a 5 star review was the continental breakfast. There was plenty of variety and I'm sure I could have found something I liked. But on the first day I had a waffle that didn't taste good at all and a "fresh" fruit salad that seemed like it was a little old. They had plenty of other food (cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc), but we decided to eat breakfast out after that.

Despite the breakfast, this is still one of the best hotels of its type that I've stayed in in a long time. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Stone Mountain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chris,
Thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that you liked our hotel but am disappointed to hear that our breakfast fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that I will be looking into how to improve it so that on your next visit, you are not disappointed with it. We look forward to seeing you again soon! :-)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We recently traveled to the Stone Mountain, GA area for a combination Business/Sight Seeing Trip! As we were researching hotels... we noticed that this hotel was rated #1 of 12 at Stone Mountain by TripAdvisor! We decided to give it a try... and boy are we glad we did!!

My husband's line of work forces him to spend "many nights"... sometimes months... away from home!! He always has trouble sleeping "in strange beds".... but not this time!! He thinks that was the best night's sleep he has ever experienced in a hotel... and he wants me to ask what brand of mattresses and pillows they use!! Our room was on the first floor and we never heard a "peep" from anyone above or beside us!!

Everyone we met from the staff was extremely helpful! We checked in around 7:30 PM and were given a map of the area restaurants (including ones offering discounts to hotel guests)! When we returned to the hotel after dinner...Karen offered us some "fresh baked" chocolate chip cookies... for dessert and answered all of our questions about Stone Mtn. Park... where we planned to visit the next day!

We were actually able to "SLEEP IN"... the morning of our departure...with NO interruptions!! We did not HEAR or SEE anyone from "room service" until we were leaving... just before the hotel's "Check-out" time of 12:00PM!!! Many hotels start "knocking on your door" (or using their pass keys) at 8:00 AM...with no regard to "late check-ins"...."Do not Disturb" signs... etc.!!

All in All...a CLEAN...RELAXING... and COMFORTABLE stay!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Stone Mountain Area... and will GLADLY return here... at every opportunity!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear MamaSheilaNTM,
What an awesome review!!! :-)
I am glad that you decided to try us out too! If you e-mailme your e-mail address at cx_stmt@countryinns.com, I will be happy e-mail you back the type of mattress that we have. Please let your husband know that we appricate the high praise! :-)
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We traveled to the Stone Mountain/Altanta area for a sight seeing trip and stayed here for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time and the hotel was a lovely experience. We had to book 2 rooms and we got 2 queens in each room. This was plenty of room for 4 adults and 2 children (a 6 year old and a 18 mt old). We requested rooms with joining door but those were taken but the front desk made sure that we were side by side. The indoor pool was wonderful and super clean and warm. The hot tub was a little too hot but we were still able to get in for a minute. The hotel is very quiet and you can not hear anyone in the halls or in the room next to you (and the hotel was full our 1st night). We did eat in the hotel dining room for breakfast each morning and there was waffles to make, eggs, cereal, juices, oatmeal and more. It was all served warm and the staff was on top of everything. We traveled into downtown Altanta to the Zoo and the Aquarium and it was an easy 30-45 min trip and then we retreated back to the calmness of the Stone Mountain area. There is a Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and more very close plus an Outback, Applebees, CiCi's Pizza. I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends that are traveling with small children and will stay here again if we are back in the area!

Room Tip: Even Number rooms look out to Stone Mountain, Pool is on 1st floor but away from rooms, hotel is 3 s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LAURA O
Dear Laura O,
Thank you for a awesome review!!! You are the sweetest guest ever!!! It was our pleasure to host your stay! Please let us know when you are back in the area so that we can ensure that we book the suite for you again! :-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!