“Great stay with family and friends while visiting Stone Mountain”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel with another family this past weekend and we loved it. The staff went out of their way to make accomodations for us. We had asked for adjoining rooms so the kids could all play in one room and were initially told that couldn't be guaranteed since the hotel was full but the staff came through for us and made it happen. That's great customer service! The convenience to Stone Mountain is a plus. The indoor pool was an incentive for us to stay here as well. The breakfast was well appointed and stocked even though the breakfast crowd was rather large. We have stayed at 3 other Atlanta area Country Inn & Suites within the past month and this was by far the best experience of any of them. I would stay here again whether on business or with family and, in fact, plan to stay again in a few months. Thank you for a very comfortable and pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Get a room above the first floor on the south side of the building and you should have a great view...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear 32Romeo,
I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to meet you special request for the adjoining rooms. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in a few months! :-)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here on business for only one night and was unable to check out any of the attractions or anything fun in the area, however my experience at this hotel was greatly enjoyed. After an exhausting journey down to Atlanta, it was an easy evening drive over to Stone Mountain. I was greeted by the front desk person and was quickly checked in and settled down just in time for the football game. My room was huge, bed was comfortable and I felt that the location was very good. I was in after sundown and out before sunrise so I don't have a good feel for what is nearby. I would have loved to stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear HikerKidz,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to check out the area. I would highly recommend coming back for a visit to Stone Mountain to explore Stone Mountain Park and it’s many attractions. Please let us know when you would like to visit again and it will be our pleasure to make your reservation. See you soon! :-)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me when I was planning a trip to Atlanta for a class reunion. The rate was good, & upon arrival, my husband & I were impressed with the decor as well as the warm welcome from the front office staff. We found a surprise when we opened the door to our first room; two queen beds, which I had NOT reserved. The manager was extremely accommodating to us, & even with a fairly full house that weekend (& no king rooms left), he gave us an upgrade to a king bed suite while honoring the same price of the regular king room we'd reserved. The staff was always friendly; knowledgeable with directions & recommendations for the area. The bed was super comfy, housekeeping was courteous, and we LOVED the set-up of the room itself. Nice microwave and mini-fridge, comfortable sofa & chairs. I tried out the indoor pool & spa; both were extremely clean & well-kept. The exercise room was nice, & I loved the business center. The computers were fast in connecting to the web sites I needed to check, & the printer was speedy when it came time to print my boarding pass. Breakfast was really good! The usual assortment of cold cereals, juices, & breads, plus hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, as well as eggs, sausage, & delicious herbed potatoes. The egg patties were preferred over the scrambled eggs, but both were a welcome surprise; the cheese, & salsa toppings were a nice touch. The biscuits & gravy served on Monday morning were delicious, too. The breakfast bar was well-attended; the staff kept it very clean & replenished. Other perks included a library in the lobby where you could borrow books to read, & a handy location within walking distance of a nice WalMart. We will definitely stay here again when we return to the Stone mountain area. I'm also recommending it to my co-workers at Southwest Airlines. I can honestly say that my first impression of Country Inn & Suites has made me a raving fan--what a wonderful visit we had!

Room Tip: You can request a room with a view of Stone Mountain--I highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieJ0122

Dear JulieJo122,
Thank you so much for the awesome review!!! My staff & I are excited to hear that you enjoyed our amenities . It was our pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your friends in the future! :-)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean, friendly, and great hospitality. Rooms were very clean, roomy and in excellent shape. Your hotel accomodated free breakfast, wifi connection, and excellent clean room. We had 4 rooms reserved for a wedding group. The hotel accomodated us in a excellent manner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldembrick

Dear Idembrick,
I am excited to hear that you and your family/friends enjoyed staying with us. It was a pleasure to host you wedding group. We look forward to hosting your events again in the future! :-)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My BF and I booked a stay here so we could visit Stone Mountain Park and not have to drive home after the laser/fireworks show. We have stayed at several hotels in this chain and been very satisfied so far. When we arrived, the desk clerk (who was very nice) advised us to return closer to check in time as there was a charge for checking in early. We had never heard that before, but we were hungry and tried the nearby Asian Buffet at the clerk's suggestion. It was very good! We returned just after 3pm and checked in, and were given a room on the 3rd floor, quiet and comfortable. The room had a king bed and a sofa bed and was quite spacious, but we noticed the room needed a few cosmetic fixes...the headboard had been broken or torn off the wall and glued back together. It was very noticable. The carpet had a slightly musty smell and a few stains, but otherwise the room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. We noticed a very large group (possibly a church retreat or family reunion) of unsupervised children running around the hotel, and when we returned to use the pool and hot tub after 10:30pm the pool area was mobbed and very noisy. We waited a bit for them to leave (or at least for the parents/chaperones to arrive and settle them down) and they did finally leave on their own just after 11pm. We enjoyed the pool and spent only a short time in the hot tub as the water temperature was too hot to stay in for very long. Now we know how a lobster feels...LOL
The night passed uneventfully and we slept well. The cost of the room includes breakfast, and we have enjoyed this chain's offerings before. We arrived at about 9am and found the area clean and well stocked with a variety of foods, egg patties and biscuits, sausage gravy and do-it-yourself malted waffles. Coffee was also very good, and there was also cereal, pastries and yogurt/granola/fruits for parfaits. The only drawback was the unfortunate en masse arrival of the same unruly group of kids from the night before. They descended on the room like a swarm of locusts and dessimated the buffet, making a huge mess in the process. Luckily we had gotten our breakfast just before they arrived, and we finished and got out quickly. It is so sad that this group ruined the experience for the other guests, and we heard others complaining about the same issues. We checked out by noon, enjoying the nice shower and soft water before we left. I know there is no way to predict when a large group comes in, but it is too bad that the behavior of some can make a nice weekend not so nice. We will continue to use this chain and look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter. Mountain view rooms may cost extra.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Debbie W,
I am so sorry to hear that your weekend was disputed by the other large group. On behalf of my entire staff please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 770-465-6515 should you wish to discuss you stay with me. I look forward to hearing back from you. I hope to see you again during your next visit to the area! :-)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were clean and comfy. The spa was open late enough that we had time to use it even though we came in late. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We appreciated the option for a buffet breakafst in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Caroline T,
I am excited to hear that you enjoyed our hotel especially the spa! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon when you are in area! :-)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here with our grandchildren and had a wonderful time. The staff is friendly and helpful. the pool is open late so you can enjoy it after the laser show at the park. You can see the mountain from the hotel porch while enjoying morning coffee on the rocking chairs. Just a couple of minutes from Stone Mountain Park. We'll be back!

Room Tip: You can get a 'mountain' view if your room faces the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Simva3,
Thank you for your wonderful review! :-)
I am so glad to hear that you and your grandkids enjoyed staying with us. We hoep to see you soon! Parhaps in the winter for a Stone Mountain X-mass?

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Stone Mountain Manor
Stone Mountain Manor
#2 of 11 in Stone Mountain
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!