We're not usually the nitpicky types regarding hotel stays, and we usually love County Inn and Suites. It's one of the few places that offers enough room for our family of five at a decent rate. We stayed Sunday night, Feb 19th, and all of us were registered guests. This stay just was a series of unfortunate events though.
Initially, we checked in and were assigned a room on the 3rd floor. We brought our children and luggage up to the assigned room, only to find that the people who had checked in immediately before us were already occupying the room. Back down to the lobby - oops, our room was assigned and keyed incorrectly. We were supposed to be on the 2nd floor.
Coming back that evening, we decided to prepare the room/foldout for the night, then take the kids to the pool. Upon pulling out the sofa bed, we found there was no blanket. Went to the desk to request a blanket. Then to the pool area, where all of the furniture was splashed, there were wet towels everywhere from previous guests... and not a single pool towel available. It just wasn't maintained throughout the evening. Went to the front desk to request pool towels.
Upon returning to our room to shower and dress for the evening, we found that there were not enough towels for each of us. We opened the closet door to find that the knob fell off, because it had been afffixed with scotch tape. We turned on the TV in the main bedroom (an older tube TV) and found a flat line across the screen. Banging on the side did bring the picture back, but come on now...
However, the coup de grace came the following morning... when the air handler/AC unit in the locked closet in our room sounded a continuous beep-beep-beep-beep alarm at 6:15 am!!! We were most disappointed to be awakened by this, and it continued until we checked out. We called to the front desk, where the clerk was very friendly and apologized, offering to come remedy the situation by turning it off. There was no need at that point though, three of us in the bedroom were wide awake, and someone entering the room at that time would only serve to wake our children who were still sleeping in the next room.
I do want to say that all of the staff was incredibly friendly, and the woman keeping the breakfast bar stocked in the morning was pleasant and very hard working. We were given 1250 points for our troubles during our stay, but really, that's not exactly adequate given the problems we experienced. I wish there had been further remedy, but fact is we were just ready to begin our sightseeing day. You pay for service and amenities in a hotel, and this one fell short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside beautiful historic Stone Mountain Park, GA and only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, we are the ideal place for your stay. A newly renovated hotel, we offer beautifully appointed rooms over looking Stone Mountain. We are proud to offer a hot breakfast, an indoor heated pool & spa, a fitness center, free wireless internet and fresh baked cookies everyday! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Stone Mountain
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stone Mountain Hotel Stone Mountain
- Country Inn Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Country Inn