“Good eating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Potato Cafe

Sweet Potato Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good eating!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved the atmosphere! Beautifully decorated, friendly service. The food was delicious. Kid friendly. Food was fresh and hot!

Visited July 2013

Socastee, South Carolina
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everyone ageed the chicken was fried a week ago and re-warmed. Even the pulled pork was terrible. We would not go there again even if the food was free.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank BobinOP
Taylor Mill, Kentucky, United States
“Meh”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was REALLY excited to visit after finding this place on stone mountain's website and was sadly, not impressed. After making my family drive out of the way to go for me to try the " Sweet Potato Sheppard's Pie" I found out that 1) it wouldn't be served until after 4 and 2) was no longer on the menu.. or maybe it was. Everyone at the table got a different menu. My salad was good but nothing spectacular and it was the same for everyone else in my party. We wanted a quaint place to eat that wasn't a mainstream place and I have to say, it was a waste of time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kathryn S
“Left feeling sick!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

my friend in I stumbled upon this quaint restaurant located in a whole house in downtown Stone Mountain. We both ordered salad which were very tasty and the service was great.as we were leaving the restaurant I decided to use the restroom before we left.the restroom was occupied by the chef/cook.I stood outside the door and waited for him to come
out. I heard the toilet
flush and the gentleman
exited the restroom. He
did not wash his hands
after leaving the
bathroom smelling rather loud. He entered the kitchen and immediately begin cooking. It made me sick to my stomach
because he had just came
out of the bathroom,
had
a bowel movement and
didn't wash his hands. I
did not tell my friend
What I had just witness because she would have cause a scene. I will not frequentsweet potato Cafe again based on the cooks cleanliness and failure to wash his hands after using the bathroom.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank retlady
Spring Grove, IL
“So good we went back for seconds!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A little place we stumbled across while visiting Stone Mountain...DELICIOUS and beautifully presented by the sweetest young ladies. In a small house-turned-restaurant downtown Stone Mountain Village, there is a small bar, a cozy sofa and chairs in the window and the best food around. I should say that my husband and I very rarely eat at the same place twice on vacation so we can sample more places, but this was soooo good we just had to go back the next night, as well.

• Visited May 2013