“So good we went back for seconds!”
Review of Sweet Potato Cafe

Sweet Potato Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A little place we stumbled across while visiting Stone Mountain...DELICIOUS and beautifully presented by the sweetest young ladies. In a small house-turned-restaurant downtown Stone Mountain Village, there is a small bar, a cozy sofa and chairs in the window and the best food around. I should say that my husband and I very rarely eat at the same place twice on vacation so we can sample more places, but this was soooo good we just had to go back the next night, as well.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband & I went to Sweet Potato Café for the first time using a Groupon; it is close to where we live and is in a cute old house in historic Stone Mountain. We went for their Sunday brunch, which is primarily a buffet ($16.95 which includes coffee, tea, etc., or $21.00 which includes two Mimosas). There was a good variety, most of the food on the buffet was tasty although a little overly salty, but none of it was very warm - I like my food hot. The squash casserole and grits were very good. The service wasn't great; friendly servers but not very attentive and pretty slow. Apparently you can order eggs and waffles from the kitchen, but no one told us; after we had eaten almost as much as we wanted to eat, we saw orders of eggs and waffles coming from the kitchen. One annoyance - I made an advance reservation and was on time, but the table for two they had reserved for us was in the least desirable spot in the tightly-packed restaurant - right in front of the buffet table, near the door and in the main stream of server traffic. There were no other tables for two available, and they refused to seat us at any of the available tables for four. A little while later a group of two walked in (without reservations), and that pair was promptly seated at a nice, quiet table for four. I may come back, but right now I'm not sure; there aren't many good restaurants near where I live, so I might give them one more chance at a regular meal, but not the brunch buffet. There are one or two tables on the covered front porch, but they were not seating people there while we were there.

1  Thank Debia M
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our daughter lives in Stone Mountain and during our visit, she highly recommended this quaint little place, a converted home. Always eager to take advantage of a new opportunity, we gladly took the short drive to the village. The setting and decor were very inviting and the food was even better than that.

Our three meals were all different, and all delicious. The little extra touches (original relishes and creative combination of flavors) reveal the kitchen is in excellent hands. If you're anywhere in the area of Stone Mountain, treat yourself to a wonderful home-cooked variety dining experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had lunch there today. We shared a sweet potato hummus that was as good as I remembered Next I had the soup of the day. It was a broccoli-cheese sop. Very flavorful but kinda thin in texture. But perhaps that is du to keeping the calories down. As mentioned, taste as awesome.
Next I had the brisket sandwich. Very good, but messy! I had selected the sweet potato salad for my side item. No regrets!

My friend had the sliders with sweet potato fries. She enjoyed!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Originally bought a Groupon for this restaurant because they advertise veggies from local growers. If you purchased a Groupon your portion sizes are not the same if you were paying full price. Our server was new per manager. She was pleasant, but really did not get anything correct. It was embarrassing. The food was just OK, we had the Stuffed Chicken with cranberries. The chicken was dry, and the veggies were bland. The sweet potatoe fries were okay, but I do not think they were fresh as the manager said they were. I have had these same fries at other places. All in all, I would be surprised if this restaurant remains open for another year.

3  Thank heartwind